[New VP10 Alert] Galaxy (Stern 1980)

Galaxy (Stern 1980)

A classic Stern designed by Harry Williams. Purported to be the first game with a controlled general illumination circuit.

I built this back in 2018 and was content to let it disappear post-vpinball.com but @nestorgian picked it up and gave it new life with nfozzy physics and fleep sounds and cleaned up playfield artwork. I did some small visual and physics tweaks and the VPW braintrust jumped in with additional help.

Nestorgian - physics, sound, desktop view and script update

Wylte - physics adjustment, field testing, troubleshooting

Apophis - physics adjustments

TastyWasps - VR Room

leojreimroc - VR backglass, desktop scoring

Hauntfreaks - desktop assets

bord - physics meshes, various new visual meshes, general tinkering

Sixtoe - absolutely nothing 😝

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, thestumper said:

Getting the following error:

Undefined variable 'BallShadow8'

What did I miss?   Same in 32bit and 64bit.  VPX 10.7.4

The code never calls for BallShadow8 and the objects present only go from 0-7, so I'm not sure why you're seeing that.  I'd recommend downloading the table again 🤷‍♂️

Downloaded again with the same result.  There's some funk here somewhere :)   Note that when I click "continue" it briefly loads the table for like a half a second and then it disappears.  If I redefine the array, it fails at line 250 with 'IntKick' error but the rom loads....

RESOLVED:   I had an old 'Scripts' directory that was causing problems with the game by pulling old table scripts into the config.  Thx to @Wylte above for catching the fact that the errored lines in the table script I was pulling did not match the lines in the current table script.  

There's a lot of stuff in that old 'Scripts' folder - I need to figure out why they are there/what they are there for.  This is why you don't buy a cabinet that includes software.  I've replaced all the necessary software including all the tables, but there are things in there I've never cleaned up and I need to figure it out now.