[New VP10 Alert] The Goonies Never Say Die Pinball (VPW)

• 2 months later...

BUG - DispDmd1.Text actually displaying as written, instead of formatted wording, in some of the table trigger events.

I've ran across this 3 times now on various trigger events.  The DMD was just showing a bunch of weird letters/numbers/characters with a couple of words thrown in the middle.  On one occasion, the DMD actually did like an alphabet test on the trigger event.  I recognized some of the text shown when looking in the script.  It seems some of those weird DMD showings are tied to the DispDmd1.Text lines in the script.

Might be worth glancing at.  Definitely above my head lol.
Smiles

12 minutes ago, Smileslikejoker said:

BUG - DispDmd1.Text actually displaying as written, instead of formatted wording, in some of the table trigger events.

I've ran across this 3 times now on various trigger events.  The DMD was just showing a bunch of weird letters/numbers/characters with a couple of words thrown in the middle.  On one occasion, the DMD actually did like an alphabet test on the trigger event.  I recognized some of the text shown when looking in the script.  It seems some of those weird DMD showings are tied to the DispDmd1.Text lines in the script.

Might be worth glancing at.  Definitely above my head lol.
Smiles

If FlexDMD  try version 1.8

5 minutes ago, outhere said:

If FlexDMD  try version 1.8

And along with that always check if all is registered correctly by running FlexDMDUI.exe in your vpinmame folder. If any red check marks, fix 'em

Already running FlexDMD 1.8.  DMDDevice DLL's are 2.1.0.0.  All green checkmarks :)  EDIT:  In case it matters, I use the PupDMD on this table.  PinUpPlayer.exe is 1.4.6.6.  Fresh install of everything so all software is up to date.

Edited by Smileslikejoker

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, test123 said:

I would like to play this table on my Desktop, but there is no DMD visible ? What can i do ? Do i need the Pup Pack anyway since it is also not visible ?

Needs pup.

make sure vpx is in windowed fullscreen mode only
make sure you're using non GL version of vpx
make sure plugin is active (1) in b2stablesttings.xml 

make sure pinup enabled = true in dmddevice.ini
make sure you have pupdesktoppunch.exe and pupinit.bat in the game's pupvideos folder

4 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Needs pup.

make sure vpx is in windowed fullscreen mode only
make sure you're using non GL version of vpx
make sure plugin is active (1) in b2stablesttings.xml 

make sure pinup enabled = true in dmddevice.ini
make sure you have pupdesktoppunch.exe and pupinit.bat in the game's pupvideos folder

Thanks you very much, now it works perfect 👍

Bild1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

For anyone who needs to get the DMD folder from 1.3:

Under "What's New in Version 1.4" click the "See changelog" dropdown, click "1.3", then there's a download link at the bottom of the changelog after "With version 1.3:"

Hi guys,

I have this error when launching the v1.4 table in vpx 10.8. I a a 3 screen set up with FullDMD.

Any idea please?

image.png.127695e52d31925e5a2cb9065904204b.png

Edited by Dje

6 hours ago, Dje said:

Hi guys,

I have this error when launching the v1.4 table in vpx 10.8. I a a 3 screen set up with FullDMD.

Any idea please?

image.png.127695e52d31925e5a2cb9065904204b.png

are you choosing to run flexdmd or pupdmd? If flexdmd then you MUST have the TheGooniesDMD folder in the same folder with the table. If choosing to run pupdmd then turn off flexdmd in the table script

Hi,

I'm new to Virtual pinball world, but I managed to get almost 30 tables up and running with a lot of googling being done:)  When I try to load this table in 10.8 I get the following error and don't know how to correct it. 

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

error.png

Okay I see "CLIFFY" comments above about TheGooniesDMD folder but I can't find this folder.  It was not included in the zip file.  The file only had the VPX table of this game. 

Is there a link to download this folder?

Alright after more searching and thanks to "WYLTE" comment I found the link to the TheGooniesDMD and I got the table working.

All good now.  

Thanks guys

Edited by New2Pin

yes if you keep reading you'll see Wylte shows the dmd download is linked in the changelog. drop to 1.3 and you will see the link. I think VPW is going to be releasing an update soon with the dmd folder included along with a couple minor fixes.

now I just have to find the notes to make the table show full screen, instead of with a border.

1.png

1.3 vpx file shows fine,  1.4 shows border

Edited by New2Pin

Dear Table Masters , I downloaded the table and I seem not to get it up and running. b2s loads, FullDMD comes up and then I do get the following error:Runtime Error:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9247
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

I have not changed anything - I saw a Reference to a folder .ProjectFolder = "./TheGooniesDMD/" in the table script that I do not have maybe that is the Reason for the error - where to get the contents of this folder ? 

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Anubclaw 

16 minutes ago, Anubclaw said:

Dear Table Masters , I downloaded the table and I seem not to get it up and running. b2s loads, FullDMD comes up and then I do get the following error:Runtime Error:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 9247
Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

I have not changed anything - I saw a Reference to a folder .ProjectFolder = "./TheGooniesDMD/" in the table script that I do not have maybe that is the Reason for the error - where to get the contents of this folder ? 

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Anubclaw 

Wylte shows the dmd download is linked in the changelog. drop to 1.3 and you will see the link. I think VPW is going to be releasing an update soon with the dmd folder included along with a couple minor fixes.

Thank you for the maybe repeated answer - I did look for the 1.3 Version but did 1st not find it then I checked the "change log" and there I was able to switch to 1.3 ;) Now everything works as expected. 

Thanks to all for another great table with pup pack and all :)

Hello,
Very new to VPX . Just installed a few tables and offcourse the Goonies, looks great.

But, it won't start, seems to be missing goonieintro.gif and VPWLogo32.png, and maybe a lot more.

How to obtain these files?

Thanks in advance, Rick

Hi Guys, quick question, my config is VPX 10.8 in 64, I'm using a plunger and a start button. I have a lot of table working perfectly with start button . But when i run the table directly with VPX64, it start correctly (all screen) i can insert coin and see the credits but when i push teh start buton (like the enter key on my keyboard) i can hear a specific noise for start but nothing happen, no ball nothing.

Did I miss something to setup ?

Thanks in advance.

R