Slamt1Lt Dropbox - Anyone Received The New Link

Been almost a month since he posted that people would be getting the updated DB link (for VIP supporters - of which I donated and got the last DB link about a week before he removed it and put the new stuff in a different folder).  Anyone received their link yet or heard from him in a while?  Slam, if you are around, pm maybe?  Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's probably just burnt out and taking a break, but you guys should know better than to donate with any future expectation. This is all non-commercial volunteer work. Maybe Slam is making the jump to VP and keeping it on the DL until he has a bunch of tables converted. At any rate, he's under no obligations to anyone.

I don't agree with that. Firstly the donation was specifically for access to his VIP tables. These are all currently unavailable so it's not about future access it's about access to what was already available. Secondly, he's still got his donation address listed and new people are donating unawares that he's currently not replying to anyone. So you can't even claim people should have got them while they had the chance.

Slam isn't taking a break as he tweets new videos of his WIP tables quite often. The hope is that he's going to release them and the VIP link at the same time but his lack (none) of communication on the issue isn't fair to those who donated after the VIP link was pulled.

I understand this coincided with him falling out with members of the FP community over his use of other people's assets and tables and then taking donations or that work but I'm not sure why he's ignoring everyone one else via twitter, email and forums.

Slams always seemed nice and open to discussions and feedback before when I've talked to him. I just hope he'll get back to those who've donated and stood by him as those don't deserve to be ignored by him.

Pod

Great post, Pod.  I've personally communicated with Slam in the past and he's a great guy.  Very attentive to issues with his tables that may not reflect the real life counterparts as well.  I don't understand what's going on lately but I do know he was having some personal matters he was dealing with.  

I'm also one to hope he comes back better than ever for those that have supported him as well as those who appreciate his work regardless of those in other communities he may no longer get along with.  He's definitely an asset to the pinball revival as it stands and all this infighting doesn't help its cause.  Could be very well possible that maybe Slam got a position doing actual work with actual machines but I think he would announce that.   Most of the people making tables deserve a shot at the real thing, for sure.

As with many I donated as I thought it was worth it for the VIP access, more so all the tables were in one easy to download place if I'm honest, but alas less than a month after donating the DB account was closed.

I didn't expect it to last forever but less than a month for something you actually pay to access (VIP) is a little harsh.

A simple statement on his Twitter account saying "hey guys bit busy please bear with me etc" would have been enough for me.. as it is.... Not sure what to think.

Still I managed to get a couple of tables before it went offline.. From now on I will stick to the free tables.. :)

The whole reason I posted was to see whether it was just me or if the db link was not getting sent out. I donated specifically for the VIP releases. Not to slam anyone else who does good work, etc. he did tweet shortly after removing the folder that he would get to sending the links immediately. I've sent a couple of emails and tried to space them out but have gotten no response. He's obviously working on things but I mostly don't understand tweeting that he would get out links but not doing it. That's all. Hopefully he'll send a link sometime as it is nice to his mods and new stuff in one place.

I donated £20 but I think the normal amount was £5.

Call me a mug if you like but hey I thought it was worth it, and probably just the one or two tables I did get (and the non VIP ones) were worth it to me anyway.

Still won't bother again... Learnt my lesson now  :o

• Content Provider

Ah, just got off the phone with my best friend..... ah, what's his name. He says to send all donations to rascal and that you will be informed of the new download link shortly via red marker on the bathroom stalls at your local shopping centers.

This is only a joke, had this been a real message, you would have gotten rascal's paypal info in a PM. Thank you, please carry on.

Anyone try hanging signs around the neighborhood?

Oh can I say vpforums.org here? Of course I can, it's a free community silly. I slept pretty good last night, in case anybody is concerned. But I don't have lumpy money in my mattress problems, I still sleep on a 70's style waterbed. Peace and love.

Not the first time he disappeared from the face of the earth though. We all remember Tron and BttF right ?

His work is outstanding and unique, that has to be said. But donating to a person who has proven to be dubious in the past ? mkay...

Should it be considered just so when then donee specifically states that something will be shared? When I pledge to NPR I don't expect something specific UNLESS they tell me ill get something (eg. A mug). If they say they'll send a mug, they should send a mug.

Archived