Slamt1Lt Dropbox - Anyone Received The New Link

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be awesome if you could send that DB link.  I got burned by this knucklehead as well. No email response from the start. Never got access to a single table.

It's really too bad. He does nice work. It's amazing to me that he can keep moding tables and producing intricate videos of the work in progress but doesn't have time to send the link to his supporters. I picture the inside of his head as a bunch of squirrels juggling sharp knives.

I wonder if it's too late to reverse the PayPal transaction?

My new favorite is the new FP TRON table, its awesome.

Slam didn't work on that particular release, actually. I believe he's still working on a version, but that one was completed by rom, GLXB and Francisco.

What is a difference between a VIP table and a regular?

Slams tables are heavily modded. It's a personal thing if you'll like them or not. He is really good with the lighting effects that really make a table pop and does a great job making them play well with the new physics. A BIG negative for me is he changes the sounds of the games such as adding voices and music to EM's etc. He also adds lots of videos which look cool but drag down performance on my PC at least. So my normal routine with his tables was to move the videos off screen and or completely wipe out all the movie lines from the script. Then I revert the sounds back to stock. 

In respect to Tron the GP authors did an amazing job and it already has spectacular lighting effects and plays awesome on the latest physics. ROM as of late has been updating all his tables for 2.5 which is awesome. 

That's so true. He has a tendency to "re-work" other people's tables by adding lots of bells and whistles. It's entirely a matter of taste. He has some tables (like Star Wars Empire addition and Aliens) where (in my opinion) he added tremendously to the theme and the fun factor of the games. In other mods (like War of the Worlds) he added some really annoying music and changed the rules to the point where the game is a PITA to play and is painful to listen to. The original was much better (IMHO).

I think some of his originals are brilliant. Superman is one that should be made into a real table. The art is awesome and the holographic clips are stunning to look at.

Slams tables are heavily modded. It's a personal thing if you'll like them or not. He is really good with the lighting effects that really make a table pop and does a great job making them play well with the new physics. A BIG negative for me is he changes the sounds of the games such as adding voices and music to EM's etc. He also adds lots of videos which look cool but drag down performance on my PC at least. So my normal routine with his tables was to move the videos off screen and or completely wipe out all the movie lines from the script. Then I revert the sounds back to stock. 

In respect to Tron the GP authors did an amazing job and it already has spectacular lighting effects and plays awesome on the latest physics. ROM as of late has been updating all his tables for 2.5 which is awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is not entirely true. He did share the new link to some before he started working on his latest updates but I'm starting to understand his actions by what some have been doing in various forums and on youtube.

$$$$$  

plus:

Lately nobody gets to play the VIP version.

;-)

This is not entirely true. He did share the new link to some before he started working on his latest updates but I'm starting to understand his actions by what some have been doing in various forums and on youtube.

While that might be true, I am not one of whoever.  I have seen some rude comments posted.  However, many of us gave donations in good faith.  The only question I asked here is whether or not anyone here has received the new link.  I had the old one for about a week before he removed it.  I've tweeted him and e-mailed directly a couple of times and received no response.  I don't consider that quite appropriate, but I'm still being patient and not saying rude things, there isn't any sense to it.  He makes excellent mods and has some good original stuff as well, just would like him to honor what he said he would is all.

That is what I was trying to hint at. Yes he did give out the link to some but I think as you do that patience is required. He has been quiet in responses in both aspects. He hasn't said anything about the link but also hasn't said anything against it. Personally I would just be patient and more importantly I wouldn't be taking the approach many have been with the insults and the posting of his tables publicly. But that's my own opinion of course.

This is not entirely true. He did share the new link to some before he started working on his latest updates but I'm starting to understand his actions by what some have been doing in various forums and on youtube.While that might be true, I am not one of whoever. I have seen some rude comments posted. However, many of us gave donations in good faith. The only question I asked here is whether or not anyone here has received the new link. I had the old one for about a week before he removed it. I've tweeted him and e-mailed directly a couple of times and received no response. I don't consider that quite appropriate, but I'm still being patient and not saying rude things, there isn't any sense to it. He makes excellent mods and has some good original stuff as well, just would like him to honor what he said he would is all.

That is what I was trying to hint at. Yes he did give out the link to some but I think as you do that patience is required. He has been quiet in responses in both aspects. He hasn't said anything about the link but also hasn't said anything against it. Personally I would just be patient and more importantly I wouldn't be taking the approach many have been with the insults and the posting of his tables publicly. But that's my own opinion of course.

This has been my policy.  I don't see the need to post links and upload his stuff just to 'get back'.  Unfortunately the way things work anymore, it's always a potential risk when making certain things available to a limited group.  The whole point of VIP was getting tables earlier and special editions.  I'll be patient, but it would be nice to be given some information.  Russell posted about two months ago that the new links would go out and has neither said anything to the contrary since nor sent links (at least to me and most members of this thread).  If he has sent you or others links, great, but where is the equity in that.  I have not nor will I make available what I've downloaded available in any way he hasn't told me too, that's his business.  I also don't condone posting the link for his stuff in this thread, it wasn't made for that purpose.  I have asked someone else if they had the new stuff, but not to receive - to find out whether anyone has it.  

Russell, if you are reading any of this thread it would be nice to communicate to the people who have given donations.

Hallo,

Also ich bin auch ein VIP Member bei Slamt1lt  ich habe denn Neuen Link schon sehr lange am 1.04.2013 bekommen von ihm, jetzt bin ich auch auf Twitter.

Was ich nicht verstehe Russel hat uns für seine VIP Member 3 Neue Tische versprochen dazu gehörten CSI, Tron, Indiana Jones von Stern. Nichts bis heute kein neuer Tisch in der Dropbox, ich bin echt Sauer auf Russel was soll diese Videos von seinen Tischen wenn mann diese nicht bekommt, er Antwortet nicht wenn mann Russel Anschreibt.

Ich würde mich echt Freuen wenn er eine kleine Info zu uns schreiben würdet, aber auch da nichts sein Letzter VIP Tisch war Avatar Collection 1.05 und bis dahin nichts mehr.

Auf Russel kann ich jetzt echt Verzichten er macht nichts mehr für seine VIP Member 

Hier ist der Link denn ich neue Habe von Russel https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yepy457fhiko4qy/6dTABnUAWQ

I laught ,maybe if mr SlamTilt respect the people, it will not have all that!

Why not spend the links to everyone, while he would have done the same thing. 

I was never given and never give to him.

And so now he took advantage of those who gave, so that if you manage well you will find links without given him, plus there is not much work done by himself in these links.

I understand that people give links to everyone because if I had given, and he did not answer me, I will do the same.

When I get the new link, I give to everyone!

Vip Member hin oder her, leider ist es so dass er denn Wiilen der Co Autoren keinen Respekt zollt. Und mit Spenden hin oder her ist das Abzocke unter Zuhilfenahme von Freeware Programmen. Künstlertische Multimediaauftritte mit HILFE VON VIRTUELLEN FLIPPERKREATIONEN  zu gesltalten und dafür Geld zu verlangen, müssen meiner Auffassung nach alle einverstanden sein, die iinvoviert sind

Hallo skinooe,

da muss ich dir recht geben wie ich auch gesehen habe Klaut der die Sachen von anderen nur das er seine Tische fertig bekommt ich bin echt Enttäuscht von ihm, erst habe ich ein bisschen Gespendet für die Tische dann kam fast 4 Wochen keine Antwort von Russel, ich habe ihn immer Angeschrieben und im Januar habe ich diesen Link bekommen von ihm. Das war einmal wie gesagt ich bin sehr Enttäuscht und Sauer auf in er könnte ja auch mal eine kleine Info geben für seine VIP´S aber er macht es nicht, da muss ich dir auch recht geben eine Abzocke hoch 10 erst werden alle Heiß gemacht von ihm ja ich mache ein Paket und dann werden sie nicht hochgeladen, Tron hat er schon längst fertig.

Habe Tron bei Gopinball Runtergeladen die Autoren da im Forum sind echt Klasse wenn sie zum Beispiel sagen dann kommt der und der Raus dann kommt er auch Raus. 

Und nicht so wie Russel das macht. Auf seine Twitter Seite hat er 322 Postings geschrieben das Letzte war von dem Bond 007 Flipper denn er auch nicht hochgeladen hat.

Na ja, die meisten Flipper sind ja eh schon  seit längerem auf pinsimdb bertreten. Die Mitprogrammierner, die die meiste Arbeit geleistet haben, wie DMD Animationen, FP Scribting (sehr schweißtreibend und nervenzermürbend), das richtige Plazieren der Objekte, das der Erstellen der Models....ich denke da habe viele Mitarbeiter zusammen vilele  hunderte Stunden Arbeit in einen Tisch gesteckt. Das auch das Go-pinball team sauer ist, kannst Du Dir nur vorstellen. Nur die wollen auf keinen Falll mehr ein Slamtilt Desaster. Das hat für sehr viel Unruhe und Unmut im Team gesorgt. Manche haben deswegen auch das Boot verlassen. Der geistige Schaden der durch dieses VIP Zeug verursacht wurde, war sehr groß. So viel haben mir die Moderatoren mitgeteilt. Aber tröste Dich,  Bei über 900 Tischen zur Auswahl ist auch für Dich sicher was dabei.

Kräm Dich nicht. Sieh es positiv. Die Feinde des großen Meisters sind nun Viele. Und jeder schaut Ihm genau auf die Finger. Und Du darfst eines nicht vergessen, da wo dieser besagte Mensch herkommt ist er mit diesen Spenden reicher als so mancher Superverdiener (in einem Land mit einem Monatsdurchnittslohn von unter 100 Euro im Monat). Ich bin ja auch eher ein Jäger nach guten Tischen, ausgepielt habe ich die wenigsten. Die meisten Tische sind sehr schlecht justiert und spielen sich auf Anhieb nie so gut wie die Tische von VP. Da muss der Editor mal herhalten. Nach wenigen Stunden kann jeder einen Ultra Tisch vervorzaubern. Es ist wirklich keine Hexerei ( nur Zeitraubend).  Lade dir von GFX TTNT- macht tierisch Laune, und läßt so manchen Ärger wieder vergessen. Glaube mir, so mache Ultra Tische brachten mich zur Verzweiflung, so fehelerhaft wie einige sind (AVATAR ULTRA., Indy... war nich auspielbar... medditeran error...

Hab frohen Mutes lieber Sven, und laß Dich nicht unterkriegen

Es lebe das Pinball Universum

irgenwie ist mir das schon klar geworden seit seinem letzten Tisch dem Avatar der am 29.4. erschienen ist, und dann immer diese Updates zum Beispiel Metallica Platinum 1.01 dann ein tag später 1.02 und 1.03 kann er nicht wenn er einen Tisch macht gleich alles richtig machen ohne Bugs, ich weiß ja nicht ob er hier im Forum ist oder ob er das überhaupt liest. Was wir über ihn schreiben.

Seinen 007 Flipper da hat der denn LKW von dem Tisch Twister genommen 

so wie das Space Shuttel von denn Williams Tisch Space Station. Wie gesagt ich finde es nicht gut das er die Sache von anderen so einfach weg nimmt in Gopinball hat er Verbot, ich weiß nicht ob du GLXB kennst ist Martin, mann wenn ich das nur Gewusst hätte dann hatte ich lieber bei Martin ein bisschen gespendet er macht Super Tische und Rom die können es Spitze und die Tische machen auch sehr viel Spaß, ich habe mir von Russel denn Piraten Gold Version 1.09 mal runtergeladen, kurze Zeit oder ein Monat Später hat Rom seine Version raus gebracht natürlich Kostenlos die Rom Version spielt sie sehr gut besser als die von Russel, was mich auch noch Nervt von Russel immer diese Ständigen Videos von ihm und seine Fortschritte und wie viel Prozent diese Tische dann fertig sind das Nervt mich ungemein.

So wie der Indy Stern möchte mal wissen von ihm wann er diesen noch bedankt hochzuladen für uns seine (V.I.P) Guys mir reicht es langsam mit Russel.

Er meldet sich nicht schreibt keine Infos er sollte es mal tun. 

• 1 month later...

I especially love Slam T1lts nightmare on Elm Street table and the the finishing touches he brought to 3 angels and the like.

It's a shame that money had to be brought into this equation, although I have not donated to Slam and I won't. 

I understand it from a certain point of view, but everyone else on VP creators their tables for free access, so it just doesn't fit with the community.

Misery 2.0 game out for Stalker on modbb the other day, and that took years to make and it's free, maybe a little of topic, but that's my point, it's free because that's the etiquette of the modding community and the etiquette of the community of Virtual pinball.

My thoughts anyway... but I love Slam's tables, an amazing creator. 

Archived