Six tables in six days

I released a new version of Boomerang (Bally 1974) today with lots of updates from the previous version. 

My plan is to release a new or updated table everyday for the next five days.  I have additional tables that are waiting on graphical updates but this is what I've got ready for release at this time.  My plan is to bring all of my tables up to date and host them here.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, scottacus said:

My plan is to release a new or updated table everyday for the next five days.  I have additional tables that are waiting on graphical updates but this is what I've got ready for release at this time.  My plan is to bring all of my tables up to date and host them here.

Show off! 😜

@loserman76 you never know...

@BrandonLaw Mazel tov!

@JFR1 ask and you shall receive

Today's release is the table that proves that Burlap is the world's oldest fabric!  As with Boomerang this is a brand new update so if you have old table from 2017 that was hosted a VPinball and later brought here, you'll probably want to update to this one.

Today's table is one that I picked up in a "two beat up EM's for $300" deal a couple of years ago.  Restoration included a repaint of the cab/head, new backglass, mechanical fixes and a lot of the playfield  repainting and clear coat.   I scanned the playfield and plastics before selling the machine so the geometry of the table is spot on.

Untitled-1.png.f4e167bb8904142a167de5550f5fcfe4.pngUntitled-2.thumb.png.ccbd33dd6b3522198280cbb3d0f5d966.png

1662311213_pgapron.thumb.jpg.b91499383c7d0a9dd458da8a5e17d8ad.jpg

pg.thumb.jpg.22aea6465d3584556224ef93d3fde4aa.jpg

It's the weekend and that means ROAD TRIP!  Today's table is a 1964 gem called Grand Tour.  I restored this table so all of the artwork and sounds are taken from the original and this vpx creation was played side-by-side next to the original to get the physics set just right.

Tomorrow is the sixth day and July 4th, one more table to go for now so let's go out with a bang!

I would love to restore tables for others but these are all tables that I've flipped.  The market for pins is very hot right now so I've had no problems selling them and many like GT  and Tropic Fun I'd like to keep but I have limited space for machines (about 3).   Getting them running and restoring them is so much fun that I just keep moving them through.  The side benefit is that I can scan the pf and plastics which is the absolute best way to get a high quality vpx table.  The machines that I get are usually so beat up that I have to make a BG for them so I have 4k quality art for those.

Last day today, it's been a lot of fun releasing these tables and I'll be having more to come. Making tables is a blast and a big part of that fun is collaboration with others on these.  Bord is awesome to work with, Onevox is super talented and Whirlwind knows and understands sound like no one else.  The really cool part is that we work on each others tables so I've written the scripts for many of Bord's EM's (options menu, sound system, physics, tight code) and in parts of Onevox's tables as well.

Todays' table is one that I've never seen or played before but the artwork was awesome and the rule set looked good via the schematic so I decided to make it from scratch to see how it plays.  I made the playfield in Inkscape,  harvested the bg from Wildman and Bord did his Blender magic.  Welcome to "The Wiggler"!

NOTE: If you have the older version you'll probably want to download this one to upgrade to the newest system.

7 hours ago, scottacus said:

I would love to restore tables for others but these are all tables that I've flipped.  The market for pins is very hot right now so I've had no problems selling them and many like GT  and Tropic Fun I'd like to keep but I have limited space for machines (about 3).   Getting them running and restoring them is so much fun that I just keep moving them through.  The side benefit is that I can scan the pf and plastics which is the absolute best way to get a high quality vpx table.  The machines that I get are usually so beat up that I have to make a BG for them so I have 4k quality art for those.

Thank you! Appreciated.

Great job on those machines!Impressive!(I actually OWNED a Fashion Show!Flicker was one of my favorite Bally machines in the 70's!)If it's any inspiration(or of interest to anybody)I have a "Wish list" of pinball machines,that I haven't seen pop up in VPX form,yet.(All from the EM age) 1.Jumpin'Jacks-Williams-1963 2.Monaco-Segasa/Sonic-1977 3.Stop'N'Go-Williams-1964 4.Discotek-Bally-1965 5.Pat Hand-Williams-1975 6.Oh Boy-Williams-1964 7.Hollywood/Cinema-Chicago Coin-1976 8.Expressway-Bally-1971 9.Grand Slam-Gottlieb-1953 10.Hee Haw-Chicago Coin-1973 11.Friendship 7-Williams-1962 12.Round Up-Bally-1971 13.Surfers-Bally-1967 14.Seven Up-Williams-1969 15.Magic City/Magic Town-Williams-1967 16.Comics-Rally-1968 17.Darts-Williams-1960 18.Dealer's Choice-Williams-1974

1 hour ago, Kongadude said:

I have a "Wish list" of pinball machines,that I haven't seen pop up in VPX form,yet.

Magic City is in progress with a great team behind it. I would LOVE to do Stop N Go some day if I could get scanned art assets.