Six tables in six days

On 7/1/2021 at 9:34 AM, scottacus said:

Today's table is one that I picked up in a "two beat up EM's for $300" deal a couple of years ago.  Restoration included a repaint of the cab/head, new backglass, mechanical fixes and a lot of the playfield  repainting and clear coat.   I scanned the playfield and plastics before selling the machine so the geometry of the table is spot on.

Untitled-1.png.f4e167bb8904142a167de5550f5fcfe4.png

pg.thumb.jpg.22aea6465d3584556224ef93d3fde4aa.jpg

@scottacus Can I ask what you did for restoring the cabinet art? Did you re-stencil everything or just touch up?  The end results look great!

I used a projector to display the art on  a piece of cardboard and traced the artwork onto the cardboard to make multiple masks.  These were then used to airbrush the stencil so that I got some over spray around the stencil.  The cab was base painted and flocked before this.

On 7/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, scottacus said:

I used a projector to display the art on  a piece of cardboard and traced the artwork onto the cardboard to make multiple masks.  These were then used to airbrush the stencil so that I got some over spray around the stencil.  The cab was base painted and flocked before this.

That's really something, thanks for sharing the process!