3rdaxis removed tables due to VPD guy

Dazz

• Content Provider

I just don’t get it, between Noah attacking everything I say, always bringing up how bad VPU is, people requesting VP8 tables, multiple people saying VP9 tables are a ton better than VPX tables, most people not knowing VPB or VPU exists, it blows my mind.  I feel like people are brainwashed over there.  And yes it’s not all, I felt bad saying that after the fact because it’s not everyone but it’s a lot of people.  I just wish certain people would keep their issues with others to themselves and stop bringing it up every time they get a chance.  
I still don’t understand why 3rdaxis thinks This place did something wrong and VPF is ok????? But hell I still don’t understand VPB closing.  This hobby is being destroyed from the inside out

• Content Provider

And the main issue I have with VPF, other than the attitude, the website is horrible.  I still can’t figure out how to attach an image to a post or PM!!!!!!!  Plus when people upload tables, you may get 5-10 comments in the support thread.  I don’t think it’s supported like it was at VPB where you will have 3 pages before you know it.  And I attribute that to the website being antiquated and people don’t enjoy using it.  Look at VPB, look at this site now, it’s very user friendly and I love using it

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

And the main issue I have with VPF, other than the attitude, the website is horrible.  I still can’t figure out how to attach an image to a post or PM!!!!!!!  Plus when people upload tables, you may get 5-10 comments in the support thread.  I don’t think it’s supported like it was at VPB where you will have 3 pages before you know it.  And I attribute that to the website being antiquated and people don’t enjoy using it.  Look at VPB, look at this site now, it’s very user friendly and I love using it

I agree.  VPF site sucks.  It badly needs a face lift.  I am not  Noah fan either.  He says he is not bias...but his comments and actions say he is very bias.  Especially against certain individuals and for certain individuals.

Yeah, here's the deal, as much as Noah claims he doesn't own the community, he's got a complex that, because of all the work put into it, that VPF should and must be the one true place for Visual Pinball to exist. End of story. He used to have the forum filters over there set to basically scrub VPUniverse and VPinball whenever someone tried to mention them (like he still does for Pin2DMD), which required us to do things like refer to here as "The Universe" to point people in the know. Noah's got too much of his identity sunk into that place... and think about his user name for a second - "Noah Fentz"... aka No Offense. The second someone pulls that phrase out, especially if they're a cis white male, I'm immediately skeptical of the claim. :P

I've been in fandom too long (card carrying member of various Trek groups over the years), and I've seen his like around. No one owes Noah or VPF anything, I don't like what amounts to passive aggressive demands of fealty, the only real reason stuff is still over there is because the site's been around a long time, and that's the first place Visual Pinball updates gets released, and it's all a matter of inertia.

• Content Provider

And I was going to say aren’t you the guy that benefits from all of us that make tables by selling cabinets that those tables go on. You would think that you would be a little bit nicer to the people who contribute to the community

• Content Provider

All he does is talk about how all Wildman’s backglasses are stolen and I had to point out to him that there was an attack from Mars custom backglass on his site that was copyrighted and the owner even posted a comment a year ago asking to take it down.  I guess as long as it goes on his site stolen things are ok

and the whole stern thing, well fuck, if you are so passionate about it, why do you have newer stern tables there, b2s files... media.... again double standard 

• Content Provider
20 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

And I was going to say aren’t you the guy that benefits from all of us that make tables by selling cabinets that those tables go on. You would think that you would be a little bit nicer to the people who contribute to the community

You know...a part of me believe if Noah stopped making money on selling cabinets that VPF would simply just disappear.  He wouldn't be financially motivated to keep it going.

• Content Provider
32 minutes ago, jino0372 said:

You know...a part of me believe if Noah stopped making money on selling cabinets that VPF would simply just disappear.  He wouldn't be financially motivated to keep it going.

I didn't want to say it out loud and jinx it, but...yeah, pretty much.  Which would suck - don't need any other major repositories of knowledge disappearing just because the person running it doesn't want to do it anymore.

I honestly think there are a lot of hyprocracy in this considering any content on here could be taken down at a moments notice, I mean if you recreate anyones artwork they can force you to take it down and don't even need to give a reason, that would be most content on this site. Makes me wonder if people know what can of worms they're opening when they complain about others uploading their content without their permission when in fact they're doing the same thing by recreating tables of artwork that is owned by someone else. I wonder if anyone is even willing to Acknowledge that, it's not about money, it's about IP and your love of pinball doesn't override IP I'm afraid in the real world

As someone who has done alot of artwork for a long time, I was very carful about what I did and learned early on when I got something taken down that a drawn that I decided to give for free but the original IP owners asked the site to take it down and didn't even defend me and my work.

Edited by WrATH2000

EDIT: i had been up for almost 24hrs when i wrote this... i believe i fixed all the grammar and spelling ...LOL

I explained my thoughts on this subject, in a past thread and that thread was deleted.... I dont have it in me to rewrite it all....  

"the bottom is builders only ask for on thing, and that is to let them decide where they want  their content to be uploaded to"
so if someone wants to own their own VP site, go for it, start a site, your going to need to find people willing to upload "there own built content" to that site.. or make your "OWN" content...
what we have are talentless leeches taking people's work as its their own... uploading other people's work, and having the balls to portray themselves as the builders of the content..... I can't see how it could be taken any other way...
we ran the number a couple years ago..... it came up to about 99.99% leeches in the hobby, and leeches dont care where they get their content ,if the content they wanted was in a cage with  a wild animal eating babies.... they would crawl in to get the free content....they dont give a crap anyone but there selfish selves....  if someone can take out a gas station, this should be like shooting ducks in pound 

• Content Provider

@hauntfreaksthats why I proposed to randr, take the top 1%, the builders, contributors, people with the most comments or thread starters and keep them at VPB instead of closing.  Then, to build a more quality clientele , allow in people based on invitation only.   He didn’t like it because he thought everyone should be allowed to join.  Well their in lies the problem because as you say, most are leaches.

• Content Provider

Hey guys, all is good. Just wanted to apologize for not elaborating more about why I pulled the tables sooner. I have nothing against this site or anyone on it. It's a bit complicated see, I have an editorial license to sell Williams/Bally IP's through Turbosquid. (https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models?keyword=3rdaxis) Took awhile to get the rights and a fair bit of money but we worked it out. The problem is I have an agreement with the current license holder, Scientific Games Corporation that allows me to use these IP's on a limited basis for these VPX tables under the strictest condition that they are not re-distributed without consent or consideration from them. Since VPD pulled this little stunt I am in jeopardy of losing the license and all assets as this falls under my responsibility. That is why I pulled back on my exposure to the community under their request. But more importantly, this has nothing to do with favoring one site or the other but rather, one site instead of many. For now. Once the dust settles I'll be more then happy to re-publish all of my tables here and hope you can all understand. ~3rd. 

• Content Provider
3 minutes ago, 3rdaxis said:

Hey guys, all is good. Just wanted to apologize for not elaborating more about why I pulled the tables. I have nothing against this site or anyone on it. It's a bit complicated see, I have an editorial license to sell Williams/Bally IP's through Turbosquid. (https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models?keyword=3rdaxis) Took awhile to get the rights and a fair bit of money but we worked it out. The problem is I have an agreement with the current license holder, Scientific Games Corporation that allows me to use these IP's on a limited bases for these VPX tables under the strictest condition that they are not re-distributed without consent or consideration from them. Since VPD pulled this little stunt I am in jeopardy of losing the license all together as this falls under my responsibility. That is why I pulled back on my exposure to the community under their request. But more importantly, this has nothing to do with favoring one site or the other but rather, one site instead of many. For now. Once the dust settles I'll be more then happy to re-publish all of my tables here and hope you can all understand. ~3rd. 

Thank you for elaborating!  Knew you had mentioned lawyers, so you're good on the slow communication.  I definitely know how slow and frustrating that back-and-forth can be 😕  Kind of ridiculous that they place keeping the internet clean on your shoulders, too.

Any chance of an update on how things went after VPD guy started harassing you?  You're doing well, hopefully?

• Content Provider
On 5/13/2021 at 10:54 AM, 3rdaxis said:

Hey guys, all is good. Just wanted to apologize for not elaborating more about why I pulled the tables. I have nothing against this site or anyone on it. It's a bit complicated see, I have an editorial license to sell Williams/Bally IP's through Turbosquid. (https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models?keyword=3rdaxis) Took awhile to get the rights and a fair bit of money but we worked it out. The problem is I have an agreement with the current license holder, Scientific Games Corporation that allows me to use these IP's on a limited bases for these VPX tables under the strictest condition that they are not re-distributed without consent or consideration from them. Since VPD pulled this little stunt I am in jeopardy of losing the license all together as this falls under my responsibility. That is why I pulled back on my exposure to the community under their request. But more importantly, this has nothing to do with favoring one site or the other but rather, one site instead of many. For now. Once the dust settles I'll be more then happy to re-publish all of my tables here and hope you can all understand. ~3rd. 

Thanks for coming on here to clarify this. With so much stuff being pulled by different people, everyone worries about the reasons why... and all of us (myself included) worry about a long run of silence which unfortunately adds to it all.

Like I said with Knorr... thank-you for coming on here to post this... as it lets everyone know it's not because of "us". :)

Good on you for trying to do things the legit way with the IP holders. That is something most of us don't hear or know about very often. You are giving up much more than just your own time in this case.

I'm on the various 3D sites like Turbo Squid, and damn dude... that's some beautifully detailed work!

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, 3rdaxis said:

Hey guys, all is good. Just wanted to apologize for not elaborating more about why I pulled the tables sooner. I have nothing against this site or anyone on it. It's a bit complicated see, I have an editorial license to sell Williams/Bally IP's through Turbosquid. (https://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models?keyword=3rdaxis) Took awhile to get the rights and a fair bit of money but we worked it out. The problem is I have an agreement with the current license holder, Scientific Games Corporation that allows me to use these IP's on a limited bases for these VPX tables under the strictest condition that they are not re-distributed without consent or consideration from them. Since VPD pulled this little stunt I am in jeopardy of losing the license all together as this falls under my responsibility. That is why I pulled back on my exposure to the community under their request. But more importantly, this has nothing to do with favoring one site or the other but rather, one site instead of many. For now. Once the dust settles I'll be more then happy to re-publish all of my tables here and hope you can all understand. ~3rd. 

nice set of models, but I'm confused as to why you have what appears to be a Bally coin door on Abra Ca Dabra? 

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, BorgDog said:

nice set of models, but I'm confused as to why you have what appears to be a Bally coin door on Abra Ca Dabra? 

It was all I had laying around at the time;)

9 hours ago, WrATH2000 said:

Totally agreed with TerryRed, if you love going this then people stealing your work isn't an issue because more people get to use it and you know it's your work and that's all that matters if you love it.

We do it for free... its only "ONE" ask.... let the builder put there content, where they want it...  i mean really is it too much to ask??

• Content Provider
24 minutes ago, hauntfreaks said:

We do it for free... its only "ONE" ask.... let the builder put there content, where they want it...  i mean really is it too much to ask??

It never is too much to ask... and that still holds true for most everyone on the main vp sites.

My personal attitude for anything I release is, I still want people to get them from where I post them for various reasons.... but if they end up on other places, it won't stop me from doing what I like to do. I may not like it, but I won't be pulling my stuff because of it (unless I have no choice for other reasons). Not everyone feels that way, and that is fine....

...but I think some guys who have been doing this for a long time realized long ago that it's simply not worth losing sleep over. Most veterans know who does what, and knows where the hard work and talent comes from. When you decide it's no big deal (for yourself), then the drama fades away, and you can concentrate on making some cool and fun pinball for everyone to enjoy.

That said... I'm not going to rely on one web site for posting my own content or guides anymore (I had 50+ uploads at VPinball alone). I can't even imagine what it's like for guys like Loserman to get motivated to post 100's of individual tables all over again.

11 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

It never is too much to ask... and that still holds true for most everyone on the main vp sites.

My personal attitude for anything I release is, I still want people to get them from where I post them for various reasons.... but if they end up on other places, it won't stop me from doing what I like to do. I may not like it, but I won't be pulling my stuff because of it (unless I have no choice for other reasons). Not everyone feels that way, and that is fine....

...but I think some guys who have been doing this for a long time realized long ago that it's simply not worth losing sleep over. Most veterans know who does what, and knows where the hard work and talent comes from. When you decide it's no big deal (for yourself), then the drama fades away, and you can concentrate on making some cool and fun pinball for everyone to enjoy.

That said... I'm not going to rely on one web site for posting my own content or guides anymore (I had 50+ uploads at VPinball alone). I can't even imagine what it's like for guys like Loserman to get motivated to post 100's of individual tables all over again.

oh for sure.... this is why its all a personal option to decide how you want it distributed... and the only thing that needs to fade away in this VPD POS

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

My thoughts from day one why I dont give a shit about the the others.. If 5 or 10 or a 1000 guys like and enjoy what i made cool.......if not lol oh well, and I know if i release it some scum fuck will use it for  whatever... dont care ..

I know I made it thats all that counts and most guys around here know who really did the work and where the good copies are at 👍...   Me for one will not bow to shitheads I do it for pinheads giving-thumbs-up-winking-smiley-emoticon.gif