So What Exactly Is The Point Of This Site?

Gannicus

• Content Provider

Zeb has it right, atmosphere. It started out so strong, that's why it is a great resource. Funny, Dazz and I do sort of the same thing, but on different scales, and we're on speaking terms....  I know I can be annoying at times, but Dazz doesn't think I'm trying to shut him down- just by doing my own place. Proof enough that we all CAN get along, but don't always choose too.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've kind of come and gone from this hobby and VPF over the last 2-3 years.  I just randomly found out about this place and I wanted to wish you guys the best on your new endeavor!

I still don't have a Cabinet, but, I do rotate my monitor sideways from time to time!  Anyways, best of luck and I hope each and every one of you finds a place where you feel comfortable.

-Wahreez McDermot

One thing I noticed a short while back was the latest VP installer. The "full" installer, so to speak. I suggested to include the core .vbs files in the full installation. Why? One less step to do in the setup process. Hell, include the pinmame installation as well. That would greatly reduce installation difficulties that entire install tutorials were for.

I was given a reply of no since "That's just the way it was" or something like that. So that's the reason not to do it? That's not even an excuse. There's an old saying: "innovate or die". Well, I'm not seeing any innovating here. Adding some files to an installation is a no-go, huh?

• Content Provider

Who cares what the point is of this site? It's the link to the chat up at the top that is important! That's where the shit is happening. Shirtless pizza eating, swallow my cam afternoons, family time with the wildman, longest bot battles, and round robin lag master. You don't need to know the point, because it is pointless and so are most of the conversations that go on there, but it's fun... sometimes, other times it's not.

Best Answer! P1 can't even give a good yes or no answer! :lol:

• Content Provider

One thing I noticed a short while back was the latest VP installer. The "full" installer, so to speak. I suggested to include the core .vbs files in the full installation. Why? One less step to do in the setup process. Hell, include the pinmame installation as well. That would greatly reduce installation difficulties that entire install tutorials were for.

I was given a reply of no since "That's just the way it was" or something like that. So that's the reason not to do it? That's not even an excuse. There's an old saying: "innovate or die". Well, I'm not seeing any innovating here. Adding some files to an installation is a no-go, huh?

I don't have them as part of the installation (I'm not that skilled) but I do have them on the same page.

http://roguepinball.com/index.php?topic=96.0

Damn, I need to update it.....

To me this site is no different then my own. A nice environment to hang out with friends. Pinball is just a common interest. :)

• Administrators

Most of the SAM tables that people have aren't of the quality that we would expect them to be.  There are a couple nice ones, but the majority of the ones that VPF click has were created by Destruk and suck.  Not anywhere near the quality of tables we want on VPU. Once we have quality tables then they will be released, starting with the older (3 years out of production) tables.

• 4 weeks later...

It's nice to see alot of names on here I haven't seen in awhile.

I'm not really sure what happened in the VP community, so I'll just stay quiet on the issue.

I'll brb, I need to read ALOT of posts and play "catch up". hehe

Cheers!

Aaron James

• 5 months later...
  • Content Provider

Hopefully they're talking about how they're now taking down all the tables that the Pinball Arcade has recently released.  Because they're actively being sold right now.

You know.  We need to respect the pinball community.

:P

• Content Provider

No its all mine and unclewillys fault now. Why cause Scott and myself told the truth and know the truth.
He keeps saying disrespect of VPM team but it was them that caused all this.

Again destruk is quiet letting all this happen.
Noah has nothing to do with it there is only 4 or 5 people in the world that know the full story.
Attacking Scott has really pissed me off today. He is one of the best things this community has and I owe all my skills to him.
My hat goes off to you buddy for trying to set record straight.

i am not wanting to attack destruk, he is a big thing in the vp world and has done enough for this hobby. all i want to stress is that the story noah is pushing about the way it got out isnt the correct one from my point of view.

i totally agree 100% with what unclewilly posted in that first post. it is the story as it happened.

i am disrespectful ? i could have dropped 5 high quality reproductions from day one the source was posted. but to this day i have released how many ? 

answer : 0

im not even going to try and post in that thread or probably any other thread over there anymore. this will be my one and only response.

and to everybody please do not message me for tables as you wont get an answer and repeated requests, "the ones doing it know who they are" i'll just ban you. from now on. if and when im ready i will release them. but at the moment i dont feel the need too, i have other tables in works that i think you will enjoy more.

I am still shellshocked in the way unclewilly was treated, he didnt deserve that paul

to Scott i think he probably did it out of rage and regrets snapping like that so forget about it. you know what you have done for this community, always have been a good friend to chat to and helped me along every step of the way, remember im always here to return the favors if you ever need a hand and cant wait till i see you school my ass on all these freaking cool new toys we can play with in the editor :D

• Content Provider

Attacking Scott has really pissed me off today.

In the eyes of Paul, UncleWilly crossed him and for that he faced his wrath.  It happens to everyone eventually.  The guy has serious anger issues.  I'm sure the apologies will come via PMs like they always do.  After all, he needs authors to continue to contribute to his site, so he can keep raking in money from those memberships.

The whole Stern outrage is BS anyway.  If he's so concerned about the future of the community, then like I said earlier.  Remove the tables that Pinball Arcade has done.  It won't happen.

VPF is one of the few rom/emulation sites out there that charges for copyrighted content, and it's amazing that he's been able to get away with it for so long.

In the eyes of Paul, UncleWilly crossed him and for that he faced his wrath.  It happens to everyone eventually.  The guy has serious anger issues.  I'm sure the apologies will come via PMs like they always do.  After all, he needs authors to continue to contribute to his site, so he can keep raking in money from those memberships.

The whole Stern outrage is BS anyway.  If he's so concerned about the future of the community, then like I said earlier.  Remove the tables that Pinball Arcade has done.  It won't happen.

VPF is one of the few rom/emulation sites out there that charges for copyrighted content, and it's amazing that he's been able to get away with it for so long.

he does NOT charge for copyrighted content you don't have to become a paid member unless you want to

so if you or anyone else wants to download anything just do it no money involved

there is a limit though to how much you can download per day without paying for membership

and no I ain't getting a kickback for supporting him just stating facts

just try to get the facts straight before bashing anyone

except for that one time a year membership for unlimited downloads only there is no money involved

(as far as I know anyhow)  I never got charged for downloading anything esp roms

• Content Provider

Sorry guys.  I probably started this whole *&^% storm up again by releasing those tables here and then further compounded it by asking what i thought to be reasonable questions over there when I saw the topic.  I bowed out of that thread as it became nothing but personal attacks and we lost the "debate" aspect of the topic.

I still find it immensely funny that some of us (I still feel some of that attack was towards me) are being called out for not respecting things but then I later come to find out that the person calling me out has SAM tables on the cabs that are being sold.  You can't have it both ways.  Nobody should share or host them but he can have them.   Sounds like me calling him hypocritical was more spot on than I initially thought.

Farlos is correct, that you don't have to pay unless you want to download more than 5 things a day.  I do find it funny that he shows so much hate towards Destruk and yet he keeps all those files that Destruk uploaded on his site.  Again, it's they hypocritical mentality.

Here's my question about respect.  Is he giving kickbacks of his sales to people that have built the tables he places on those cabs being sold?  I'm not asking for anything as that's not why I built the tables I built but I'll be pretty pissed  if I come to find out some of the tables I've done show up on his product for his profit.

• Administrators

You did nothing wrong, my friend. The SAM debate has been ongoing for a long while. Dont feel that you have to apologize for anything.

I'm glad that this site has attracted people like you, UW, Bodydump, Rosve and P1.

To answer your question about him giving back to his supporters... No, not at all.

Archived