Is Knorr done now also?

DeathInc

On 4/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, Knorr said:

@Modin

It is this book, but I'm afraid there is no english translation.

The book is so basic, it's really to people who never touched any code in there life. The good is that it does similar things like vp with pinmame. Call functions from a provided dll which comes with the cd rom. But again, it only deliveres basic stuff for the first few steps.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/3836218283/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glc_i_XAXDBD6QBJF4BTX7SWRJ

Deutsch geht ja in Ordnung. ;)

danke!

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all you guys do for this hobby.. Hope to see your great works back again @Knorr. Until then, I'll enjoy what I have :) I definitely appreciate things more after this whole mess. It's easy to take people and their creations for granted when everything is so accessible.

wow.. so much drama in the past few weeks/months!  I really don't know what to think..   but am thankful for authors that spend time and create some great tables and share freely.  Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Wow, love to see all this unnecessary drama unfolding over at VPF.  Paul and his attitude supporting Bigus and his untalented arrogant ass pissing everyone off, welcome back @hauntfreaksand thanks for staying @Knorr.  Wish @32assassinwould atleast come back here and be a part of this place.  I am so fucking done with the trash over there.  Rediculous mods, mods of shitty mods after mods, rants of how great vp8 and 9 are and to top it off, Paul’s ego.  It’s a hot mess that’s not even entertaining anymore, but we all owe Paul for saving us and our hobby

Oh and all the rest of the morons telling Bigus what a great table builder he is…

7 hours ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

Wow, love to see all this unnecessary drama unfolding over at VPF.  Paul and his attitude supporting Bigus and his untalented arrogant ass pissing everyone off, welcome back @hauntfreaksand thanks for staying @Knorr.  Wish @32assassinwould atleast come back here and be a part of this place.  I am so fucking done with the trash over there.  Rediculous mods, mods of shitty mods after mods, rants of how great vp8 and 9 are and to top it off, Paul’s ego.  It’s a hot mess that’s not even entertaining anymore, but we all owe Paul for saving us and our hobby

Oh and all the rest of the morons telling Bigus what a great table builder he is…

It would be easier to take if Paul would stop bringing out his drum and banging on it about the "this is the main site, you owe fealty to it" thing.

Regarding Bigus, realistically he should not have been allowed to continue uploading stuff early on when he was not providing credit - it should have resulted in a complete ban on his uploads for a significant amount of time. But it does seem Paul is more interested in making the place seem more active and complete than in properly cultivating a community. We are in what amounts to the tail end of (at least) 10.6, if not VPX itself with VPE coming into sight, and most of the tables people actually want are already made, so there's a certain level of leniency that should not have been provided in the first place and that door will never be closed later now that it's been opened.

• Content Provider

I've also been watching both of bigus's most recent support threads turn into huge debates/arguments. It was kind of entertaining at first, but it quickly developed into the same ol' talking points.

As a player, I appreciate people who post mods of other people's tables. More so now that VPinball is gone and I continue to discover all the tables I never knew existed. Star Trek: The Next Generation is actually a prime example.  But I'm also not here to defend bigus's actions. As someone who's now built a few tables, the refusal to respect author's wishes in infuriating. I'm so tired of the 'you don't own the IP and you didn't build Visual Pinball from the ground up - so I can do whatever I want with the project you spent countless hours on.' Give me a break.

I recreated Ballyhoo. It was manufactured when Herbert Hoover was still president. It was made out of slabs of wood, nails, a few metal rods, and a plunger. I spent time recreating all the art, built it in VPX so people can play it using computers, and I'm somehow just "ripping off" the original creators of the physical game? And sure, I realize Ballyhoo is different in almost every way from a recreation like, AC/DC or Medieval Madness. But those kind of tables require even *more* work to build in VP. And then the authors upload it to let us play them. FOR FREE. The least I can do is respect their wishes.

And look, I get it, there are people on the internet who do sketchy and inconsiderate things. I don't lose sleep knowing  at least a couple of my tables are available for download on sites I never uploaded to. (I actually found it funny that someone thought my flipperless VP tables were worth stealing. Also, I was still listed as the author, which is more than I'm sure some other scalpers do). But I *would* be irked if someone took my Major League table, reskinned it as a St. Louis Cardinals table and then posted it without asking. (For more reasons than one).

Anyway, the constant drama over there just reminds me that I'm sure glad this site also exists. And thanks to everyone who's helped build this hobby. Even with all the drama that goes on at VPF, visual pinball is a lot of fun.

I don’t download Bigus Mods. 

As a newbie I didn’t understand the difference he was trying to create but I intuitively knew I wanted the original creators work and not a tweaked version. 

I really wish he would quit cluttering up VPForums with his uploads. Pretty annoying in my opinion. 

Knorr tables are superb. They don’t need amateurs altering them. 

Lane

5 hours ago, bushav said:

I don’t download Bigus Mods. 

As a newbie I didn’t understand the difference he was trying to create but I intuitively knew I wanted the original creators work and not a tweaked version. 

I really wish he would quit cluttering up VPForums with his uploads. Pretty annoying in my opinion.

Yeah, it's really gotten to the point that it's hard to make sure I do look into the "VP Mods" forum area to make sure I don't miss someone else's work, since he's so prolific with minor physics tweaks and insert light settings.

• Content Provider

He doesn’t even try to better himself.  Can’t bother updating flashers, table sounds.  He changes the same thing on every table and then calls it his.  I can do that too to all 900 tables I have.  Anyone want them

As a normal fan and new to the whole world of VPX, I really hate when there are multiple versions of the same table. It causes so much confusion on which version to download.

I don't think mods should be allowed at all to reside anywhere near official creations, Table updates with approval by the Authors YES, mods NO

Just look at sites like Nexus Mods, it's a cesspool of confusion and it just fragments the whole game.

Sites should not allow Mods of tables full stop. Keep them separate on a separate website away from the database of released tables.

I'm sorry to all the modders, but you are just causing confusion and fragmentation for a few extra lightning effects and some new textures.

Edited by pitty

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, pitty said:

As a normal fan and new to the whole world of VPX, I really hate when there are multiple versions of the same table. It causes so much confusion on which version to download.

I don't think mods should be allowed at all to reside anywhere near official creations, Table updates with approval by the Authors YES, mods NO

Just look at sites like Nexus Mods, it's a cesspool of confusion and it just fragments the whole game.

Sites should not allow Mods of tables full stop. Keep them separate on a separate website away from the database of released tables.

I'm sorry to all the modders, but you are just causing confusion and fragmentation for a few extra lightning effects and some new textures.

A mod can be much much more than just some lighting changes and texture changes (though I know that is more common on VPX). In some cases... moreso with original tables vs rom based tables.... mods can completely change a table... and in some cases make it a much better (or even different) table.

Mods are what brings new authors / devs into the hobby much more than anything else.

It doesn't take long to try a few different versions of a table to make up your own mind which you prefer. That's not much time compared to making these tables yourself.... and is not much of a burden on your part.

• Content Provider
27 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

A mod can be much much more than just some lighting changes and texture changes (though I know that is more common on VPX). In some cases... moreso with original tables vs rom based tables.... mods can completely change a table... and in some cases make it a much better (or even different) table.

Mods are what brings new authors / devs into the hobby much more than anything else.

It doesn't take long to try a few different versions of a table to make up your own mind which you prefer. That's not much time compared to making these tables yourself.... and is not much of a burden on your part.

Seriously, even counting straight updates, even the most popular tables have...what, 3? versions on VPX that you have to sort through?  Dunno about FP, but it's probably not a huge issue there, either.  And almost all fully custom tables running off a previous table's rom/code just don't count as the same table anymore.  There are some amazing tables that are unrecognizable, and even the reskins are awesome.  Comparing it to NexusMods?  There are very, very few low-effort projects anywhere in this hobby.

Reading all the posts on this subject, and seeing everything that has been done against me knowing that no creator and I did not say any have had to complain about me, I remain nonetheless passionate.

But seeing that I am banned from everywhere, it should come as no surprise that my MoDs are only available on my little unpretentious Wix site, and that 1 hour later they are licked on VPD without being able to do anything.

Many people have followed the authors of this vendeta and it is very unfortunate.

The last Starlion MoD is Godzilla and this table was played very little in the original version now people are putting it back in their pincab.

It is a shame that the community has turned its back on me, that some did not even take the time to see that I have never disrespected creators and that some creators even encouraged me on certain projects.

In any case good continuation in your pincab ^^

On 6/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, Starlion said:

It is a shame that the community has turned its back on me, that some did not even take the time to see that I have never disrespected creators and that some creators even encouraged me on certain projects.

bigus maybe ? ^^ 

• 5 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:42 AM, Knorr said:

Wow, what should i say. A lot is going on here about me. But no one had the balls to write to myself directly, i mean really? I dont bite (most of the time). If you have question to me i will take my time to anwser them.

You are a god among men to them. At the same time they think you have the emotional control of a teenager. That the slightest nudge the wrong way will make you leave the community.

Here is a nudge: Your version of Cirqus Voltaire is still available on an approved site:

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997-vpx.6011/

Either you are full of shit and know of this and have let it be despite clamming legal reson for removing your tables.

or your "friends" neglected to tell you.