Is Knorr done now also?

DeathInc

• Content Provider

I wanted to stay out of this, but having worked with several of these guys it is  frustrating to hear what is being said about them. I don’t contribute much, but all of these men being talked about have never been anything but gracious, helpful, and encouraging. Some people will never understand what it takes to build  these tables nor do they seem to care or put forth any effort in just trying to be nice, considerate, or thankful.  It has been explained ad nausem on every site about mods. If someone doesn’t understand why an author gets upset because he has worked hundreds of hours building a table for someone else to come along change a few lights and then upload it, then your just wasting your breath.

Definitely not questioning the amount of effort required for stuff people release, unfortunately there is also the reality that in most cases it's not something they own. Once something is out on the internet, you no longer control it. If they can't accept that then they're just gonna make themselves miserable. Hopefully the folks seeking that can look at options to work with companies like AtGames now that there are commercial options out there for wider audiences. 

• Administrators

Thats my point too.. Once you release anything you just gave up your ownership to it.. you will get thanks but its fair game for everybody..sad but true..

same as posting your private pictures or video's and somebody uses them for laughs or something bad.. people need to realize these things before they post stuff 

end of story... Im not saying its right but pointing out the reality of the internet..

They will be back everyone relax these are just aftershocks from Vpinball pulling the plug. I think once they realize once you put something on the net it stays on the net forever no matter what you try to do they will come back and I am sure Bigus prolly has all their tables anyways and doing a "cough cough" mod on them 

Wow, what should i say. A lot is going on here about me. But no one had the balls to write to myself directly, i mean really? I dont bite (most of the time). If you have question to me i will take my time to anwser them.

I am not knocking anyone about this I think allot of persons are overreacting on a lot of crap personally. It is everyone's right to pull their stuff in especially if persons are modifying your stuff without your permission. And Knorr thank you for you great tables I do enjoy them immensely!

2 minutes ago, Knorr said:

@jamos

no frustation here, no hate. I asked noah, dazz and freezy to pull down my stuff for legal reasons. And i thank all of them to do so.

So they are going after the table makers now? crap I just saw a link on Stern website to deadflips how to create a vpx table so I know it is not them. Good luck man do not bow down to da man.

1 minute ago, Knorr said:

@jamos

not yet, but in europe someone sells tables with roms. Since i´m a european citizen european laws come in place. So have to take care even when i´m not involved with the seller.

Crazy law sucks that you would get blamed for pirates...well someday maybe you can privately share to trusted persons, we need a good cleanse on these sites and out the table sellers.

3 hours ago, Wildman said:

Thats my point too.. Once you release anything you just gave up your ownership to it.. you will get thanks but its fair game for everybody..sad but true..

same as posting your private pictures or video's and somebody uses them for laughs or something bad.. people need to realize these things before they post stuff 

end of story... Im not saying its right but pointing out the reality of the internet..

just as a side note... i understand you meaning behind that. But again, as european (also on us sites) i have full control of my stuff, its only a snippet away. One of the goods things but thats another story... General Data Protection Regulation - Wikipedia

• Content Provider
28 minutes ago, Knorr said:

@jamos

no frustation here, no hate. I asked noah, dazz and freezy to pull down my stuff for legal reasons. And i thank all of them to do so.

THANK-YOU for coming on to clear it up.

With everything going on, everyone getting tense... it's good to hear why from you.

This is why in my own frustrated statement I pointed out "if they have a reason we don't know".

Many of us assumed it was because of drive sellers, etc.... and in the end it doesn't matter. If it's a "serious" issue as to why.... which in this case your concerns are more than serious and valid... then it's a no brainer why they should be pulled, and there is nothing more to be questioned.

Thank you or clearing this up. I hope there can be a solution that would help you to be able to do what you love without concern.

Sorry if it seemed like I was blasting away at you... but it's clear it wasn't because you were upset with "us". :(

Just now, TerryRed said:

THANK-YOU for coming on to clear it up.

With everything going on, everyone getting tense... it's good to hear why from you.

This is why in my own frustrated statement I pointed out "if they have a reason we don't know".

Many of us assumed it was because of drive sellers, etc.... and in the end it doesn't matter. If it's a "serious" issue as to why.... which in this case your concerns are more than serious and valid... then it's a no brainer why they should be pulled.

Thank you or clearing this up. I hope there can be a solution that would help you to be able to do what you love without concern.

Your welcome, still i cant believe why no one asked me... Dead silence (except for a few people).

I wouldn't look to much into it Knorr.  It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  I think most of us want to let people breath a bit before we start pestering you with questions. 

I hope someday soon you can post your tables again and continue doing what you enjoy and keep making exceptional tables.  No one wants to see you go anywhere.  

• Content Provider

Well damnit, I still need to find someone smarter than me to script out these moving primitive ramps on Simpsons kooky carnival.   You guys do want to play this don’t you???  A lot of talented people popping up here, if you guys know someone let me know

• Content Provider
11 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

Well damnit, I still need to find someone smarter than me to script out these moving primitive ramps on Simpsons kooky carnival.   You guys do want to play this don’t you???  A lot of talented people popping up here, if you guys know someone let me know

Sorry... but I'm more the FP guy... and would either make it into a toy, or use a BAM mini-playfield to move anything I want anywhere I want.

Makes total sense now, and totally reasonable. I'm a newbie here so not really familiar with different authors. Didn't even think to ask on here directly. 

I guess there is really only one obvious solution, we need a gofundme to set up @knorr in a non-extradition country of his choosing 😜

6 minutes ago, mrhector said:

Makes total sense now, and totally reasonable. I'm a newbie here so not really familiar with different authors. Didn't even think to ask on here directly. 

I guess there is really only one obvious solution, we need a gofundme to set up @knorr in a non-extradition country of his choosing 😜

Oh I would host his tables and just change the name to Bigus as he seems to take credit for everything he can take the blame too :P. seriously for any type of enforcement agency to track down a table designer is not going to happen but I do respect his caution  as long as your not hosting the roms with the table they have no merit and yes I am a Lawyer. 

17 minutes ago, ARMYAVIATION said:

back when i started i bought a book for kids to learn vbs... i believe it cost 20,- or so... still use it today when i start to over complicate stuff....