[New VP10 Alert] Who Dunnit 1947 (Bally 2021)

Who Dunnit 1947 (Bally 2021)

Who Dunnit 1947 is an attempt to bring the 1995 Bally game closer to its classic noir origins, reducing the color palette and redesigning many art elements to a more subdued deco style.

This mod of ninuzzu/djrobx's Who Dunnit project was given new art, rothfozzy physics, the full fleep sound package, and rendered lighting and textures. Thanks to all who contributed to the mod: rothbauerw for physics and scripting help, benji for the sound work and insert models, tomate, sixtoe, and the rest of the VPW crew for testing and troubleshooting, flupper for insert models, JR for always being up for talking classic film noir, and a host of early testers. Most of all thanks to ninuzzu and djrobx for the game that I built this on.

I highly recommending changing your DMD color palette to black and white before playing.

Enjoy and go watch Out of the Past this weekend.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/06/2021
  • Category
  • ROM Name
    wd_12
  • Link to B2S
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.
  • VP Version
    v10

This is a great-looking playfield! James Mitchum's an all-time great baddie. I know Bogie, but who are the other three?

Does anyone know how to get both Who dunnit tables (the original and this one) to run off two separate ROMs? I want my original table's DMD to be colorized and this one to be black&white or sepia. But I can't seem to pull it off. If I copy the ROM and give it a different name (and also in the cGameName of the script), it fails. If I use the same ROM for both, I can't use two different palettes for the two tables. Does anyone know? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, licwip said:

This is a great-looking playfield! James Mitchum's an all-time great baddie. I know Bogie, but who are the other three?

Does anyone know how to get both Who dunnit tables (the original and this one) to run off two separate ROMs? I want my original table's DMD to be colorized and this one to be black&white or sepia. But I can't seem to pull it off. If I copy the ROM and give it a different name (and also in the cGameName of the script), it fails. If I use the same ROM for both, I can't use two different palettes for the two tables. Does anyone know? Thanks!

From left to right: Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Robert Ryan, Robert Mitchum, Jane Greer.

No idea about the ROMs but glad you're enjoying it.

7 minutes ago, dielated said:

Who is this hip new contributor?! ;)

Jk- so glad to see you're not leaving the hobby Bord :)

I'll be around. Still not sure how publicly, but I certainly do love building stuff and collaborating with better minds than mine!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife and I love this table! Feels so much like playing the original with an amazing new theme. A perfect reason for a virtual table!

One thing is I can't seem to figure out is the Extra ball button, but that's totally on me. I was hoping to find it in the Script but no luck.

11 minutes ago, HuntersTalon said:

My wife and I love this table! Feels so much like playing the original with an amazing new theme. A perfect reason for a virtual table!

One thing is I can't seem to figure out is the Extra ball button, but that's totally on me. I was hoping to find it in the Script but no luck.

Love to hear you're enjoying it. I don't think I ever added the EB button. Next time I do an update I can take a look at it.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

First, thank you very much for this table, I really like the style, especially with the alt sound.

I encounter a stuck ball problem: when in multiball mode I shoot in the taxi lane with two balls in a row, and the two balls go below in the hole below the bumpers, the second ball seems to be stucked inside the table. If I loose all the visible balls, the party still continue, and the flipper seems to try to locate the stucked ball by activating all the mechanical parts. If I gently push my cab, I can hear the ball rolling, but the tilt does not work, and I have to quit the game (by the way happened to me when I was nearly at 3 billions points, frustating !). Can you by any chance provide a fix ?

Also how can I change the DMD color palette to black and white ?

Thank in advance for your answers and again congratulations for this wonderful table.