SAMBuild3.3 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• 2 weeks later...

I have moved all the files over from the r5067.zip, I run setup.exe or setup64.exe and it still wants to install 3.2. I seem to recall this issue a few years ago, but I dont remember how I fixed it. Any help would be great! Thank you.

• Content Provider

After downloading make sure zip is unblocked. You only need to install with setup.exe. Should not have to run setup as admin any longer so disable. If that isn’t working. Well, try to run as admin. Bass. Lib needs to be in your VPnMAME folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Carny. Thanks so much for your work, first of all. My question: I have noticed a a lot of stutter on a few tables when there is high amounts of flashing. I noticed this some time after I updated from an earlier version of 3.3 to a newer version, the one released about a month ago or so. 

Ive tried so much to figure out why this is happening more now -- is there a chance that the updated version can cause stuttering issues, particularly on some tables with flashing? ie, the lights flashing upon certain things like hitting a ramp, etc. The tables off the top of my head are funhouse, indiana jones, twilight zone, etc. Ive tried removing the backglass as well, no luck on stopping it.

Thanks so much for any input. And if you wat any more details on my setup, id greatly appreciate it and would happily give.

PS -- I know its unlikely that your build is the culprit...im just reaching for straws at this point.

Edited by drumdude777
update and PS

• Content Provider

Yeah, it wouldn't be my build. At this point it is identical to the official build aside from toggling on support for patched color game code for a handful of modern Stern tables. Development is in a beta cycle at the moment. Try rolling back to stable releases: VPX 6.1 and VPinMAME 3.2. I'm not aware that the tables you mention having problems with require anything newer. 

Otherwise, keep researching. There are a lot of things to try. Ex. disable Windows Defender, run exclusive full screen support (or not), tone down AA, turn off playfield reflections, close out any other software that can take up system resources, etc.

Good luck.

• Content Provider

Official rev r5087

inverted sound bits and enable coin settings on early Playmatic [volkenborn]

add new alternate Middle Earth set and use 20967-01 for sound on Space Riders [toxie]

Automated Sound Dump feature from lucky1 is in the source, but I don't know for sure if this works with my build of the executable. Just have to try it out, I guess. See whatsnew.txt.

SAMBuild_r5087.zip

On 7/30/2020 at 8:01 PM, CarnyPriest said:

Yeah, it wouldn't be my build. At this point it is identical to the official build aside from toggling on support for patched color game code for a handful of modern Stern tables. Development is in a beta cycle at the moment. Try rolling back to stable releases: VPX 6.1 and VPinMAME 3.2. I'm not aware that the tables you mention having problems with require anything newer. 

Otherwise, keep researching. There are a lot of things to try. Ex. disable Windows Defender, run exclusive full screen support (or not), tone down AA, turn off playfield reflections, close out any other software that can take up system resources, etc.

Good luck.

Good sir you were exactly correct! I actually got the solution from a youtuber who had the same problem asking for help. He said to disable windows defender. BAM. Smooth as butter. 

But thanks so much for the help -- your first suggestion was absolutely correct!

On 8/6/2020 at 11:04 AM, Joco77 said:

I don't know its just me but with all sambuild after r5046 i got no music with Atlantis (Bally 1989).

Sambuild r5046 is the last which is good with Atlantis for me.

Same for me, no sound on Atlantis

• Content Provider

Official rev r5127

VGM file output support - see official beta release at VPF for details

Improve SAA1099 emulation

Baywatch 4.00 (Dutch) (now using A4.00 display ROMs)

Baywatch 2.01 (French) added

Lethal Weapon 3.00 added (pinballcode.com)

Removed Clones:
Atarians, The (MOD working bootleg) - the original ROMs work fine after latest emulation patches

SAMBuild_r5127.zip