SAMBuild3.3 beta thread

CarnyPriest

• Content Provider

The latest official beta from toxie does support the new Iron Man game code:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

Check out all Data East machines, all Sega 192x64 DMD machines, and all System 3/4/6/7/11 machines and leave any positive or negative feedback in that thread. I'm sure toxie would appreciate some more reports on DE 192x64 DMD tables esp. Baywatch at this point. Getting the timing nailed down get us that much closer to a release of VPX Baywatch.

Thanks, all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

official rev r5013

Improve DMD timings for the Sega 192x64 DMD, matching the real one more closely (also a slight improvement for the DE/Sega/Stern 128x32 ones)
Improve IRQ timings of Sys3/4/6/7/11, DE and the Sega 192x64 DMD-machines
Change switch writing of DE and Sega 192x64 DMD-machines
Improve sound filtering of Flash Gordon, Xenon and all Williams/Bally DCS machines, matching the real one more closely
Improve timings for GTS80 machines, especially for Rack 'em up until Tag-Team (1983-85 era)
Stabilized solenoids 16, 31, and 32 on GamePlan machines

Added

Star Trek 25th Anniversary unofficial V3.00

Iron Man v1.85

Twilight Zone L-5

and several early 80's Stern mods from Idleman

SAMBuild_r5013.zip

With the last release R5022, I noticed that the sound for Genesis/ Springbreak  (System80b) was partly muted very low for parts.

I reverted to an earlier build from may 17th/2019 to make sure that i'm not imagining this. The track had normal volume for the parts i am speaking of with earlier build. If you would like to try. 

• 4 weeks later...

I Noticed
Missing colors in some tables LCD And Real DMD:
PinMAME 3.3,    Freezy  1.8.0 r122 x86  &  Sambuild_r4906 , this is the correct combination to solve the problem with missing colors in Super Mario & Street Fighter II

With a newer Sambuild you lose most colors in these games - Super Mario & Street Fighter II
If I go back to Freezy 1.71 or 1.73 with a newer Sam built it shows the colors But all the colors are not the same as the commination above

181 r35-Sam 4906.log 181 r35-Sam 5022.log 173 r118-Sam 4906.log 173 r118-Sam 5022.log

• Content Provider

official rev r5042

Added sound PROMs for Laser Ball and Pokerino, moved Sys6 games to correct source file [volkenborn]

fix xml output of rom,game,etc-names with embedded tags in them [toxie]

updated to latest Pin2DMD drivers [toxie]

apparently hell just froze over and pigs can fly: Michael Jordan 1.30 [toxie]

SAMBuild_r5042.zip