SAMBuild3.3 beta thread

CarnyPriest

Thank you once again Carny for making it easy for us to keep up pinmame. And, I just want to give a special shout out to you DjRobX for the latest additions. Doesn't mean I've forgotten you other devs that have done this for decades now. You are all very much appreciated.

On 12/22/2019 at 6:46 PM, CarnyPriest said:

With the new VPMAlias feature, the full clones previously supported in the SAM branch can be assigned an alias that will enable VPM to load the romset using the official set name and still use alternate DOF configs, B2S, altcolor, PupPack, etc. All other differences have been incorporated into the official source, and I no longer maintain a separate code repository.

I just want to mention that the DOF Configtool Client has a corresponding feature to declare two ROMs as synonym. Using this feature the tool automatically copies all DOF settings from the original ROM to the alias/synonym. (If you use tweaks they should by applied to both or individual.)

On 3/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, mk47 said:

I just want to mention that the DOF Configtool Client has a corresponding feature to declare two ROMs as synonym. Using this feature the tool automatically copies all DOF settings from the original ROM to the alias/synonym. (If you use tweaks they should by applied to both or individual.)

I just released version 0.6.0. There's no need to declare to ROMs as synonyms anymore. VPMAlias.txt gets parsed automatically. Here's a quick demo:

Hi everyone,

I was trying to use the new High roller table release and it said I need to use 3.3 r4895 or later.  I have tried downloading a few and they only have pinmame64 in the zip files.  is 3.3 only 64 bit or is there still a 32 bit?

• Content Provider
On 12/23/2019 at 4:46 AM, CarnyPriest said:

With the new VPMAlias feature, the full clones previously supported in the SAM branch can be assigned an alias that will enable VPM to load the romset using the official set name and still use alternate DOF configs, B2S, altcolor, PupPack, etc. All other differences have been incorporated into the official source, and I no longer maintain a separate code repository.

Commits to the official source can be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/pinmame/code/commit_browser

Just to avoid further confusion, I'll just keep calling it SAMBuild but note that it is identical to the official build except that I toggle on support for Stern color rom patches in the compile.

PinMAME64.exe is the 64bit version of the executable which I provide for romset audits. There has been a change in the source that prevents me from completing the 32bit compile.

Built with VS 2015

Official rev r4890

The package includes VPMAlias.txt from the source code with entries for the four clones from SAMBuild. 

The layout is simply alias name followed by comma followed by romset name for the set that you want to clone.

All other support files and documentation can be found in toxie's release at the VPForums link above.

SAMBuild_r4890.zip 3.53 MB · 116 downloads

Thank you for all your awesome work Iam trying to run color Stern Roms, how can I enable them?

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Then you didn't install it from this thread. The thread over at vpforums is the one without color ( for now ).

Thank you for your responce, when i run the test after installing this file i dont see the Stern color Roms, the Alt color works without issue, what am I missing?

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Copy the files into your VPM directory, and run setup.exe. Then, press the install button. Use this one. It is stable.

Thank you for your help, the issue was 1, i was trying 64 instead of 32 bit and the colour Roms dont show in 64 bit and 2 my visual pinball directory was corrupted, all working now!!

• Content Provider

Nope. The set does not include the prototype sound roms. I guess they haven't been dumped yet. Someday maybe? Sort of more important to have the sound roms than to have the game code (different ringmaster voice), but it is what it is. Those prototypes are extremely rare machines.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cirqus-voltaire-prototype-story-and-design-changes

• Content Provider

Yes. Just rename for now although I don't know if fastflips will still work for it. Toxie is still in the process of fixing DE timing, so I hesitate to just run a build today. Plus,  @DJRobX or somebody may need to see if the new game code requires a change in the arm 7 memory address to support fastflips. The process for identifying which memory address is described in the source. I'd try to figure it out, but I'm just too busy with RL work at the moment.

Of course, if you do rename and fastflips is still good then report it here. This would at least save us a step.

Fast flips will probably not work - the address changes with every build.   The worst case is slow flips or flippers that are always turned on, until I get around to adding it.

Please add the ROM CRCs and stuff to vpinmame for that rom first, then I can take care of the fast flip addition for it.

• Content Provider
On 4/2/2020 at 5:04 PM, DJRobX said:

Fast flips will probably not work - the address changes with every build.   The worst case is slow flips or flippers that are always turned on, until I get around to adding it.

Please add the ROM CRCs and stuff to vpinmame for that rom first, then I can take care of the fast flip addition for it.

PM sent.

• Content Provider

Ok, Iron Man is ready to go. But, it looks like DE timing is not yet stable. If you want to help out, the most recent beta is in the official thread here.:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27063&page=1

Check out all Data East machines, all Sega 192x64 DMD machines, and all System 3/4/6/7/11 machines and leave any positive or negative feedback in that thread. 

Thanks, all.