Theatre Of Magic WIP

• Content Provider
The project has entered the final stage and I think I will be able to release it very soon. The incredibe WOB aka Beau Dwyer was so kind to record a video that shows the current state and gave me the permission to share it here for those who would like to get some insight. I still have to optimize some scenes as you will see, but it runs very stable to date. Thanks for all your patience, I want to finish that one without the need of updating it again 1f642.png ...

• Content Provider
Theatre Of Magic pin2dmd 1.0 release

After a whole bunch of work I am now ready to share my colorization files for TOM with the community.
It is now available at the download section.

Project summary:

Dump files used: 34
Triggers set: 1310
Palettes used: 99
Working hours total: 400-500

Known issues:

- no support for freeplay dot
- some of you might have issues in attract mode scores depending on your initials. If you want me to fix that, please send a pm with a screenshot and an attract mode dump file

I share the vpin files for free, but for those who would like to say thank you by sending flowers for my wife or a small toy for my daughter, I provide my donation link as always:

Big thanks to the incredible WOB aka Beau Dwyer for countless hours of beta testing and providing his videos and dump files!

Enjoy the new look and merry Christmas for you all!

And remember more than ever:
YOU MUST CONCENTRATE ?

Please pm for eal pin requests... 

Hi, I downloaded the file this morning, to try it out in my real machine. I uploaded the two files to the root of my SD card and renamed them to pin2dmd.pal and .vni. Unfortunately I only get a light blue colored display. Are the files supposed to work on a real machine?

P.S. I am using a 2016 PinballSP display in this machine (from the time Luis still made PIN2DMD hardware).

• Content Provider
7 minutes ago, mgpasman said:

Hi, I downloaded the file this morning, to try it out in my real machine. I uploaded the two files to the root of my SD card and renamed them to pin2dmd.pal and .vni. Unfortunately I only get a light blue colored display. Are the files supposed to work on a real machine?

P.S. I am using a 2016 PinballSP display in this machine (from the time Luis still made PIN2DMD hardware).

16 hours ago, NetzZWerg said:
I share the vpin files for free, but for those who would like to say thank you by sending flowers for my wife or a small toy for my daughter, I provide my donation link as always:

The files are only for V-Pin as stated above. For real pin you need pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq export files which only NetzZwerg can generate.

• Content Provider
34 minutes ago, mgpasman said:

@NetzZwerg, could you generate the files needed to make the colorization work in my real pin?

Contact him through PM and say thank you by sending flowers for his wife or a small toy for his daughter,

It is done, I think both his wife and daughter will be happy, as am I! It was required to update the DMD to firmware 3.05, but now it works perfectly.

@lucky1 the animations now seem a bit more jiggering/stuttering than before, is that due to the size of the pal/fsq files? Or is it a firmware bug?

• Content Provider

Don´t know. I don´t have a TOM. I would say neither firmware nor filesize related. My guess would be that it depends on the timing in the recordings used to colorize replacement scenes. I found a glitch in pinmame not too long ago and corrected it together with toxie. I achieved the best dump results with my Mac under OSX. Timing on windows machines is not very constant.

• Content Provider

I am still using the old fw 2.58 in my device and also have the feeling that the 3.0x seems to run different according to some videos I saw... Don't know for sure and since I do not own any real pin I have nothing to compare. 

Thank you so much for your hard work on this :-). One question. When you say no support of freeplay dot. You mean the Credit dot that warns of an error on the machine. That is critical if using on a real machine otherwise you will be unaware of a problem with the machine. Are you able to fix that for use on a real pinball?