[New VP10 Alert] Twilight Zone (Bally 1993)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

As a derivitive of the MAME project VPinMAME and SAMbuild supports parent/clone file systems for ROMs.  VPU ROM downloads use a split structure as it is easier for me to update and maintain and uses less bandwidth.  

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/aboutromsets.html

image.png.f013083ac5b1b2122d8f3c1e3a0b5c73.png.7663f9660e878ab593ee8e6ffe1e27ea.png

tz_94h is a clone with the parent set being the final production/commercial version of TZ, tz_92. You would need both to fully emulate the table using tz_94h. Both are available in the downloads section.

Usually you can identify the parent in the family as it will be the one with the most downloads and is larger in file size.

Or you can use a rom auditor tool like clrmamepro which has native support to extract rom list information from the pinmame executable that is included in either SAMbuild or the official VPinMAME distributions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Carny;

I used MAME for a long time, but that was also a long time ago. I had forgotten about the parent/clone thing. I did remember this yesterday afternoon, when I had no sounds on Hook. 

I appreciate the help, and if I posted an erroneous rom, I apologize, but I did it with good intentions.

Cheers;

MoK^-^

• 2 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:49 PM, CarnyPriest said:

As a derivitive of the MAME project VPinMAME and SAMbuild supports parent/clone file systems for ROMs.  VPU ROM downloads use a split structure as it is easier for me to update and maintain and uses less bandwidth.  

https://docs.mamedev.org/usingmame/aboutromsets.html

image.png.f013083ac5b1b2122d8f3c1e3a0b5c73.png.7663f9660e878ab593ee8e6ffe1e27ea.png

tz_94h is a clone with the parent set being the final production/commercial version of TZ, tz_92. You would need both to fully emulate the table using tz_94h. Both are available in the downloads section.

Usually you can identify the parent in the family as it will be the one with the most downloads and is larger in file size.

Or you can use a rom auditor tool like clrmamepro which has native support to extract rom list information from the pinmame executable that is included in either SAMbuild or the official VPinMAME distributions.

Read and understood. Thank you