[New VP10 Alert] Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb 1992)

2 hours ago, bushav said:

I’d say it is more about protecting the value of their product than antagonizing users. These legacy games are being licensed to people for use in commercial games. IE subscription games and even games sold in big box stores. They are just doing what you and I would do if we paid real money for a license and then saw others distributing the same ROM for free.  I don’t blame them. It hurts and it’s also part of the allure of the hobby. Supposedly the same issues are taking place with the DMD colorizations recently.  It adds more urgency to downloading a table you want and keeping backups. The tables can and do disappear never to be freely distributed again. IE “Who Ya Gonna Call” :)

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up!

• 1 month later...

After reading about 6 pages of Rom requests I have one more thing to request LOL.

My 4 year old son loves this table and would like to have the Pup Pack for this pack. It was done by Masterkai and was previously at Vpin. If anyone can help please PM me or post a link thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Getting around to fixing a couple tables after updating to vpinmame 3.5.

Have the new nvram and smb3 rom for super mario bros, but when starting the game in VPX getting an error in a game info popup. Lists the files in the zipped rom and says the dsp733-2.bin file has a bad checksum state and table won't start.

Any ideas? THANKS

2 hours ago, SoonerDoc said:

Getting around to fixing a couple tables after updating to vpinmame 3.5.

Have the new nvram and smb3 rom for super mario bros, but when starting the game in VPX getting an error in a game info popup. Lists the files in the zipped rom and says the dsp733-2.bin file has a bad checksum state and table won't start.

Any ideas? THANKS

Did you follow these steps posted a few pages back? That's what got me going after updating.

Edited by lost_in_the_wide_web
link

On 3/7/2023 at 10:15 PM, lost_in_the_wide_web said:

Did you follow these steps posted a few pages back? That's what got me going after updating.

I did.  Something is wrong with my system.  Had to replace at least 20-30 roms that were corrupted.  Got most fixed, but SMB3 still not working.  Getting CRC errors.  Chose to ignore errors and seems to be running.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I tried to play this, and despite what has been said about the files for the nvram folder on page 1, it still won't take any credit.

Edited by Chapmike

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Chapmike said:

I tried to play this, and despite what has been said about the files for the nvram folder on page 1, it still won't take any credit.

Start the table.

With table running, press these 6 keys in order.

Press End (This opens the coin door)

Press 7 (This toggles the service menu)

Press Left Flipper 3 times or until it selects Game Adjustments

Press Right Flipper to confirm Game Adjustments.

Press Player Start (This toggles factory settings)

Press Player Start (This selects english language)

Press F3 (This resets emulation)

Now you can add coins, and credits will go up.

You may want to also exit and restart the table.