[New VP10 Alert] Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb 1992)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there, I'm new here.

I have the SMB-TT-NZ_1.3.vpx and Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb 1992).directb2s files.

I tried to carefully read the thread, I should be blind, but I couldn't find the rom (smb3.zip) file.

Could anyone help me with that please?  :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Synchronizzle said:

What a complete joke, post a link to the rom on the front page in the description. Not that complicated. 👎

Gottlieb sent out letters threatening suit for anyone who pirates their ROMs. That’s why it’s hard locate them. But Google helps out. 

8 hours ago, Synchronizzle said:

What a complete joke, post a link to the rom on the front page in the description. Not that complicated. 👎

I am grateful that people took their own free time to develop the tables and share them with us. I am not entitled to any of this. It is only possible that there are people who share that I have any of this. I don’t find it funny or any joke when people upload things here. I am just happy they continue to do so. 

On 7/8/2022 at 6:47 PM, bushav said:

Gottlieb sent out letters threatening suit for anyone who pirates their ROMs. That’s why it’s hard locate them. But Google helps out. 

Okay, sorry. I never would of guessed real life pinball developers would antagonize their own community like that. Seems unfruitful.

22 hours ago, hcj13 said:

I am grateful that people took their own free time to develop the tables and share them with us. I am not entitled to any of this. It is only possible that there are people who share that I have any of this. I don’t find it funny or any joke when people upload things here. I am just happy they continue to do so. 

Im grateful to whatever being created the universe, im grateful for my parents birthing me, im grateful to live in a functioning society, yet everyone complains about something or another. Chill out.

On 7/9/2022 at 7:40 PM, Synchronizzle said:

Okay, sorry. I never would of guessed real life pinball developers would antagonize their own community like that. Seems unfruitful.

Im grateful to whatever being created the universe, im grateful for my parents birthing me, im grateful to live in a functioning society, yet everyone complains about something or another. Chill out.

I’d say it is more about protecting the value of their product than antagonizing users. These legacy games are being licensed to people for use in commercial games. IE subscription games and even games sold in big box stores. They are just doing what you and I would do if we paid real money for a license and then saw others distributing the same ROM for free.  I don’t blame them. It hurts and it’s also part of the allure of the hobby. Supposedly the same issues are taking place with the DMD colorizations recently.  It adds more urgency to downloading a table you want and keeping backups. The tables can and do disappear never to be freely distributed again. IE “Who Ya Gonna Call” :)

Edited by bushav