Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Just now, Newbie77 said:

what is working again?

virtual pinball export for large dmds ;)
not your fault why your files were not working on virtual pinballs, export was broken anyways. your project is also 64 color so we can't use it with freezys dmddevice.dll for now anyways

• 3 weeks later...

Version 44 is released

and can be found in the download section.

(Keyframes are based on display ROM Version 1.03 english - to ensure that the color triggering of the released files work correct, please use this ROM Version. Other display Rom Versions may work correct or not. It depends on differences between the used triggering scenes) 

added keyframes for the following scenes:

- now all Multiballs scene are colored (3, 4, 5 and 6 Multiball)

- Creation Scene

- NorthPole total

- Ingolstadt

- Bumpers

- more collecting bodyparts scenes

- Alive is Lit

- Balls Draining

- Creature Multiball

- Enter Initials

- Geneva Multiball

- Ice Cave Award

- Corpse complete

- Multiball restart

- North Pole Scored

- Organ Donor

- Shoot Geneva to relight Jackpot

- Super Jackpot

- Double Bonus

- and a lot of other scenes and bugfixing stuff.

Stoning scene is full implemented but needs some improvement in the keyframing method.

It would be nice to get some help for the correct keyframing of the stoning scene. This isn't easy, because there are thousands of scene possibilities. Maybe someone  @lucky1 has an idea how to keyframe the scene in a better way then as it is actually implemented.

Maybe with the layered colormask method??

Edited by Newbie77

• Content Provider
55 minutes ago, Newbie77 said:

This isn't easy, because there are thousands of scene possibilities.

I don´t have time to give any support on specific projects but that is exactly what LCM is intended for. 

• 2 weeks later...

Version 48 is released

and can be found in the download section. In this Version all Scenes are colored now.

Please let me know your feedback for improvements.

(Keyframes are based on display ROM Version 1.03 english - to ensure that the color triggering of the released files work correct, please use this ROM Version. Other display Rom Versions may work correct or not. It depends on differences between the used triggering scenes) 

added keyframes for the following scenes:

- some more body parts collecting

- Alive Super Kickback

- Special

- Special is lit

- improved frame sync for Frankenstein title scene and Extraball Scene

-bugfixing in choosen color palettes in some attract mode scenes

• 2 weeks later...

Version 51 is released

and can be found in the download section.

In comparison to version 48 there are color improvements in the below mentioned scenes:

- Creation Letter Collected

- Graveyard Shoot lit holes

- Graveyard total

- Frankenstein Millions

- Frankenstein Millions total

- NorthPole total

- NorthPole 2 Letters

- Creature Feature Loop ramp

- Creature Feature total

- the Creation scene frames are now colored individually

For me the project is now finished. The last two month I spend over 150 hours with setting keyframes, cutting scenes, recording a lot of missing scenes, coloring scenes, testing on a pinball and doing rework.

The only thing what I am not happy about, is the triggering work of the stoning scene.

The next days I will upload the complete project files to the google drive. So if someone wants to work on the stoning scene or do some other stuff, feel free.

Let me know what do you think about this work and if you have some ideas, improvements or bug reports.

Hello,

I uploaded the complete project files to google Drive. There you can find the zipped project and also the pin2DMD files (Version 51) for real pin and VPin: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1re8-_Zdp_seg_j-zwoQe3WQgePkxBikL?usp=sharing

If you want to do an upload for your work, like color improvemets, optimized stoning scenes or whatever, please use this link to put your files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1P1pSoBAzOEmFs6gLlTYAPXs5ZlvXNBQU?usp=sharing

Andreas

@Lucky1:

I have an issue: in the first frame of the "Extraball" you can see the colormasks from a scene a few steps before ("ExtraballisLit 1 and ExtraballisLit 2").

But I don't understand why.

During the gameplay first the scene "ExtraballisLit" is triggered. Colormask at this moment is shown correctly.

After earning the extraball the "Extraball" colormask sequence is played correctly.

After loosing the ball, some "Bonus" collecting scenes are played, which all only uses a palette change. 

After a new ball is released, the "Extraball" scene is played again. At this time you can see for a short time the colormask from the scene "ExtraballisLit 1 or ExtralballisLit2".

What is happening there?

For a short test today a changed the single frame "ExtraBallisLit 1 and ExtraballBallisLit 2" scenes from Colormask mode to Replace mode.

With the result, that when the new ball is released and the "Extraball" scene should be played, the Pin2DMD totally freezes with two lines on the display. And it stays frozen.

Firmware is 4.12.

Any Ideas?

In short the pin2dmd "sequence" looks like this

Replace Frame-> Colormask Sequence -> 3x Palette changes -> Colormask Sequence -> Display freezes 

Andreas

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, Newbie77 said:

@Lucky1:

I have an issue: in the first frame of the "Extraball" you can see the colormasks from a scene a few steps before ("ExtraballisLit 1 and ExtraballisLit 2").

But I don't understand why.

During the gameplay first the scene "ExtraballisLit" is triggered. Colormask at this moment is shown correctly.

After earning the extraball the "Extraball" colormask sequence is played correctly.

After loosing the ball, some "Bonus" collecting scenes are played, which all only uses a palette change. 

After a new ball is released, the "Extraball" scene is played again. At this time you can see for a short time the colormask from the scene "ExtraballisLit 1 or ExtralballisLit2".

What is happening there?

For a short test today a changed the single frame "ExtraBallisLit 1 and ExtraballBallisLit 2" scenes from Colormask mode to Replace mode.

With the result, that when the new ball is released and the "Extraball" scene should be played, the Pin2DMD totally freezes with two lines on the display. And it stays frozen.

Firmware is 4.12.

Any Ideas?

In short the pin2dmd "sequence" looks like this

Replace Frame-> Colormask Sequence -> 3x Palette changes -> Colormask Sequence -> Display freezes 

Andreas

Did you upload those 2 project files anywhere ? Did you change the scene type AND the keyframe type from colormask to replace ? Changing only one of both can lead to such problems / crashes.

8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Did you upload those 2 project files anywhere ? Did you change the scene type AND the keyframe type from colormask to replace ? Changing only one of both can lead to such problems / crashes.

Yes, I changed both, scene type and keyframe. Both were showing a brush in front of their name.

You can find the 2 files here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13782jPWHC_VE2lb7Y00bY_5V_A5Kgu2t?usp=sharing

the whole project files can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1re8-_Zdp_seg_j-zwoQe3WQgePkxBikL?usp=sharing

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, Newbie77 said:

Could you put framenumbers of a recording to these steps as a reference ?

I did not find the project files of V52 (XML and ANI)

Maybe a video of your problem would also help.

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could you put framenumbers of a recording to these steps as a reference ?

I did not find the project files of V52 (XML and ANI)

Maybe a video of your problem would also help.

I put a video and the V52 projectfiles into the upper mentioned google drive folder.

In the video you can see the sequence... the problem occurs on second 30.

At this time "Extraballneu 1" should be triggered which is referenced to "Frank17" recording, Frame 3264.

The Keyframe before is "Keyframe TotalBonus" which is a palette change for 1500ms, also referenced to recording "Frank17", Frame 3263.

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I could identify the problem thanks to your provided information. I uploaded a new firmware on github. Please test.

thanks for your fast support.

I have tested the firmware 4.13. The Pin2DMD freezes  no longer, but now the synchronization of nearly all colormask sequences got worse.

I uploaded a short video of the Extraball sequence.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13782jPWHC_VE2lb7Y00bY_5V_A5Kgu2t?usp=sharing

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, Newbie77 said:

thanks for your fast support.

I have tested the firmware 4.13. The Pin2DMD freezes  no longer, but now the synchronization of nearly all colormask sequences got worse.

I uploaded a short video of the Extraball sequence.

I had only focused on the freeze and did not check anything else. Could you please test V4.14 on github.

• Content Provider

I think I better wait for the feedback of the author wether the specific issue is fixed. Without specific information about what I need to focus on it is hard to identify any issue from a video.

Did you test with fw V4.14 and project export from V52 ??