SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

You mean that the tables you're after is not in the repo or ... ? And downloading alll the tables as a zip - and just putting the scripts along side the table is enough to test if you like the changes or not. Easy peasy with 10.6. Don't like it - delete it. Just don't press save while it is there and you decided you want to revert. And what new family guy ? Link pls.

i'm not getting any rom sounds from the following tables with the latest beta  (VPinMAME_3_2_beta) they were working before.

rom sounds aren't appearing on several tables even with volume at max as well as in the ad menu: bbb, cyclone, elvira apm, fire, fish tales, monster bash, popeye, red n ted, t o magic,  twilight zone ?

• Content Provider

Be sure you have the updated bass.lib from this release:

I'll start including the file and other cumulative updates with the next release since it is very possible people skip some releases and miss some required updates. 

If all else fails - restart VP.

If that fails - reboot.

Otherwise I can't reproduce. Works fine for me.

• Content Provider

Try specifying the actual driver instead of "Primary Sound Device" in the VP Audio Preferences pulldown?

I'm in the midst of doing a massive update of tables on my cabinet. I'm opening and closing tables, starting and restarting games, etc. F3 restarting VPinMAME from within a game. Sometimes I lose rom sounds, but it is fairly random and restarting VP usually sorts it for me. But you are saying that you don't get sound even after a fresh reboot?

37 minutes ago, CarnyPriest said:

I'm in the midst of doing a massive update of tables on my cabinet.

i just spent 2 hours standing installing over 50 tables, the latest vpm and vpx as well as tweaking tables to work on my crappy dated hardware plus moving and resizing dmd to 2nd screen my feet are KILLING me :P

38 minutes ago, CarnyPriest said:

But you are saying that you don't get sound even after a fresh reboot?

da F it works now?? ?

• Content Provider

Not to play oneupmanship but because of cab downtime, I had not updated in nearly two years. I've been at it for weeks: different table versions, different backglasses, FastFlips, SSF, POV, different color DMD palettes to choose from, script updates, table tweaks in the support thread that did not make it to the official releases, etc. While that's happening the world rolls on and there are table updates, new backglasses, software updates, etc. and I go back and keep those tables current.

And then there are new features behind that: ball shadow, ball air drop, PinSound, PuPPacks, and whatever SSFImpactor is 

After that generate front-end media and choose from a set of front-ends or stay with PinballX.

And after that, I still have to configure FX3, the Zaccaria app, and so on. 

I've got a long, long way to go.

Glad you got sounds back.

P.S. I don't envy the two screen part though. I have three screens, so I always know where the DMD should go for every table.

1 hour ago, CarnyPriest said:

P.S. I don't envy the two screen part though. I have three screens, so I always know where the DMD should go for every table.

well when i upgrade to pindmd3 i won't have to worry about it anymore. that's a while off yet though

I can't speak for this individual. But, I was lucky to order a pin2dmd from one of the forums users here. If you search some threads you might find who I'm talking about. Nothing else then good reviews. I simply don't want to mention him as I don't know if he still takes orders etc. Search for "Pin2DMD displays and some parts for sale"

Did you check that the rom has all the files ? Always, if there is something odd going on with rom. Run it through setup.exe. It might be that you don't have the *.snd for the "mother" rom or something like that. https://www.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/5s5j66/merged_vs_nonmerged/Split set vs Merge set