SAMBuild3.2 beta thread

CarnyPriest

Wow...thank you guys for your help and the update.
 As I don't want to waste this thread (more then I already did) I started a new thread in the general tab,

see 'rev4638 2nd start problems' in 'Pinmame development'

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Has there been any changes with Family Guy lately?  Been trying to run fg_1200af but getting terminated.  I've tried everything I can think of and keep getting same termination error.  Even downloaded new rom from Stern and tries, getting same error.  Rom name inside of zip matches what PinMAME is expecting.

1 hour ago, Dazz said:

Has there been any changes with Family Guy lately?  Been trying to run fg_1200af but getting terminated.  I've tried everything I can think of and keep getting same termination error.  Even downloaded new rom from Stern and tries, getting same error.  Rom name inside of zip matches what PinMAME is expecting.

This is the rom I use with -  SAMBuild_r4639

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytrobd29x6gx1jg/fg_1200af.zip?dl=0

• Administrators
4 hours ago, outhere said:

This is the rom I use with -  SAMBuild_r4639

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytrobd29x6gx1jg/fg_1200af.zip?dl=0

Thanks. Someone was able to send it to me... Now running into the same thing with Shrek, World Poker and Wheel of Fortune.  I'm not sure what changed, but my roms for these games were working... Now when I check them in PinMAME they say Actual = 0 meaning the filesize in the zip is 0 bytes. 

• Content Provider
Thanks. Someone was able to send it to me... Now running into the same thing with Shrek, World Poker and Wheel of Fortune.  I'm not sure what changed, but my roms for these games were working... Now when I check them in PinMAME they say Actual = 0 meaning the filesize in the zip is 0 bytes. 
Check your parent ROMs, I had an issue with FG at one point, it was using a rim out of the parent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

There was some extensive rom renaming with the official source in the 3.1 cycle, especially S.A.M. system.

Easiest thing would be to simply re-download.

Or you can audit your rom collection with pinmame.exe and clrmamepro

Or I think the official distribution may still include a bat file that will do the renaming for you.

Well - then it is weird. Or at least it was. It is not like I re-try this myself on a weekly basis :)

Have at least two cases where I've helped people out from the rom renaming and in both cases they needed to replaced the filename inside the zip in order to get it working. At least that was what they reported back to me.

@toxie

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/metallica-premium-stern-2013/page/10/#post-90010

You have to read the thread from the page before. You'll see that once jbg4208 updated he had to rename files within.  I mention in the same thread that I've seen Rob mentioned it - somewhere. Where - I don't know. This is a while ago now. I haven't bothered to really try this out in details myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

is this still the latest list of roms that supports fastflips?

"trn_174h" - Tron LE
"acd_168h" - AC/DC - LE
"mtl_170h" - Metallica LE
"twd_160h" - The Walking Dead LE
"wof_500"  - Wheel of Fortune
"st_161h"  - Star Trek LE
"xmn_151h" - Xmen LE
"fg_1200"  - Family Guy
"potc_600" - Pirates of the Carribean
"im_183ve" - Iron Man Valult Edition
"avr_200"  - Avatar
"avs_170"  - Avengers
"wpt_140a" - World Poker Tour
"tf_180h"  - Transformers LE
"bdk_294"  - Batman Dark Knight
"shr_141"    - Shrek
"bbh_170"    - Big Buck Hunter
"smanve_101"  - Spiderman Vault edition
"nba_802"    - Stern NBA (added in  this latest relase)

Can we have st_162h supported as well, the latest star trek LE? 

This is the complete list:

Implement 'fast flips' support for some S.A.M. games: Recommended table implementation is to use direct/fast flipper flips when solenoid 33 is on, but to respond to the standard flipper solenoids when 33 is off
 (acd_168h, acd_170, acd_170h, avr_200, avs_170, bbh_170, bdk_294, csi_240, fg_1200, ij4_210, im_183ve, mt_145h, mtl_170h, nba_802, potc_600, rsn_110h, shr_141, smanve_101, st_161h, tf_180, tf_180h, trn_174h, twd_160, twd_160h, twenty4_150, wof_500, wpt_140a, xmn_151h)
Implement proper 'fast flips' support for some WPC-S games: Still uses solenoid 31
 (WHO Dunnit)
Implement 'fast flips' support for most WPC-95 games: Takes over solenoid 31, so is compatible with the existing VP core scribts UseSolenoids=2 implementation
 (Attack from Mars, Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub, Cirqus Voltaire, Congo, Fish Tales, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness, Monster Bash, NBA Fastbreak, No Good Go(l)fers, Safe Cracker, Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights)
Implement 'fast flips' support for most Whitestar games: Uses solenoid 15
 (apollo13, austin, Dale Jr., Elvis, godzilla, Grand Prix, harl_a30, hirolcas, id4, jplstw22, Lord of the Rings, lostspc, monopoly, NASCAR, nfl, playboys, rctycn, Ripley's Believe It or Not!, shrkysht, simpprty, Sopranos, spacejam, sprk_103, startrp2, strikext, strxt_uk, swtril43, term3, twst_405, vipr_102, xfiles)
Implement 'fast flips' support for most Capcom games: Uses solenoid 51
 (abv106, bbb109, bsv103, ffv104, Kingpin, Pinball Magic)

st_162(h) would have to be added by  @DJRobX

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

No, I mean that I have added slots for custom color DMD for Metallica 1.80.0 Pro and LE. At the moment, there exists no patch to the new Metallica game code that adds full color DMD but when a patch is made available then this SAMBuild will support it. Also, support for FastFlips must still be added for Metallica 1.80.0 Pro and LE. Custom color DMD for all other tables works as before.

For the time being, if you want to play Metallica with custom color DMD and FastFlips then simply continue using 1.7.