Cactus Canyon Continued - Proc In Vp?

Dazz

I have no DOF on my game - but I have managed to get the Pin2DMD working !

My mistake, after right clicking the backglass I found that the pluggins box was not ticked.  School boy error!

I love this version, I think my other 2 versions of CC will now be removed.  The new version is brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 06/08/2016 at 3:27 PM, bent98 said:

looks like this error is related to msvcr90.dll

Indeed it is - and I have just spent the last 3 hours on working out what was happening.......

If you download `PROCESS EXPLORER'

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

You have probably more than one example running - have a look at this that I found that helped me solve it:

1. Download Process Explorer (link above)

2. Start your application and reproduce runtime error R6034.

3. Start Process Explorer. In the "View" menu go to "Lower Pane View" and choose "DLLs".

4. In the top pane, locate your application and click on it. The bottom pane should show a list of DLLS loaded for your application.

5. Locate "msvcr90.dll" in the list. There should be several. Look for the one that is not in the "winsxs" folder, and make a note of it.

6. Now, check the path just before your application runs. If it includes the folder you noted in step 5, you've probably found the culprit.

How to fix the problem? You'll have to remove the offending entry from the path before running your program. In my case, I don't need anything else in the path, so I wrote a simple batch file that looks like this:

path=
myprogram.exe

That's it. The batch file simply clears the path before my program runs, so that the conflicting runtime DLL is not found.

• Content Provider

I isolated the program that is using a different version of msvcr90.dll. I am a little confused as to how to fix this. If I am running pinball x how would I launch this script for this specific table only?

• Content Provider

You set CCC up in PinballX as a separate system from Visual Pinball. The database xml would have one game, CCC. You set the System_Type field to Visual Pinball. Basically run VPX as your executable with parameters similar to your main Visual Pinball setup. Setup your script to launch before.

I went a different route with this issue. My script simply closes the error window when it comes up and loading proceeds. It doesn't fix the root problem but it is a seamless workaround. This is old but it has the code instructions that I use to close that window.

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17613-cactus-canyon-continued-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

• 1 month later...

I have finally got around to installing ccc with p-roc and it is great except the runtime error message as been discussed here. Is there a fix or do I need to create a batch file as Carney suggested?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

On 15/11/2016 at 10:23 PM, bent98 said:

I isolated the program that is using a different version of msvcr90.dll. I am a little confused as to how to fix this. If I am running pinball x how would I launch this script for this specific table only?

Follow the instructions one post above yours

Follow the instructions one post above yours

Thanks I took a look. I get the error launching from VPX. I will use above with PinballX after I can find solution launching from vpx. Thanks again. Anyone else have suggestions for this error not using pinballx?

On 06/01/2017 at 0:16 AM, umpa said:

Thanks I took a look. I get the error launching from VPX. I will use above with PinballX after I can find solution launching from vpx. Thanks again. Anyone else have suggestions for this error not using pinballx?

Sorry - go to my post that is the third one down from the top.  Its to do with having more than one version of a certain dll.

On 11/13/2016 at 5:46 PM, jukedock said:

Indeed it is - and I have just spent the last 3 hours on working out what was happening.......

If you download `PROCESS EXPLORER'

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

You have probably more than one example running - have a look at this that I found that helped me solve it:

1. Download Process Explorer (link above)

2. Start your application and reproduce runtime error R6034.

3. Start Process Explorer. In the "View" menu go to "Lower Pane View" and choose "DLLs".

4. In the top pane, locate your application and click on it. The bottom pane should show a list of DLLS loaded for your application.

5. Locate "msvcr90.dll" in the list. There should be several. Look for the one that is not in the "winsxs" folder, and make a note of it.

6. Now, check the path just before your application runs. If it includes the folder you noted in step 5, you've probably found the culprit.

How to fix the problem? You'll have to remove the offending entry from the path before running your program. In my case, I don't need anything else in the path, so I wrote a simple batch file that looks like this:

path=
myprogram.exe

That's it. The batch file simply clears the path before my program runs, so that the conflicting runtime DLL is not found.

I did as you have suggested. A couple of questions. When you state "start you application" I assume you mean start Visual Pinball and launch CCC thats when the error pops up.

I found msvcr90.dll that was not in the winsxs folder it shows it in C:\program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\msvcr90.dll

Step 6 above check path before application runs (visual Pinball)?

How to write the batch file?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm finally getting aorund to setting this backup... Trying to install using the Installer.  Getting error 

Building and Installing YamlCPP...

Installation Failed. Exiting.....

Any idea why the installer would be failing?  I'm running Win10x64.

• Content Provider

Using ninuzzu's latest installer? Fixes color layering issue on DMD, so you do want this. Checkout monsterbashpincab.com

Copy installer to local machine and unblock/run as admin? I believe there may be issues if you try to install from another drive.

This is just a couple of things to check. I've never actually used ninuzzu's installer. I used some install steps that chepas had compiled over a year ago, and I have just done any updates manually since then. Lots of people have used the ninuzzu installer since that time.

Using ninuzzu's latest installer? Fixes color layering issue on DMD, so you do want this. Checkout monsterbashpincab.com

Copy installer to local machine and unblock/run as admin? I believe there may be issues if you try to install from another drive.

This is just a couple of things to check. I've never actually used ninuzzu's installer. I used some install steps that chepas had compiled over a year ago, and I have just done any updates manually since then. Lots of people have used the ninuzzu installer since that time.

I used it 2 weeks ago and had no issues. Like mentioned above make sure unblock and run as admin.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Ahah.... I think this is what the issue is. I'm trying to install from a different drive letter.  

OK, so I finally got it installed after moving the installer to my C drive.... Is there no way to run the table from D drive and have PROC enabled?  I really don't want to have to do another install of VP, B2S, DOF on my OS drive.

Dazz.

If you have your VP tables folder in a drive other than c, I found that you can create an empty P-ROC folder in the root of that drive, then create a Shared folder in it and copy only the log.txt file from the same directory of your c: drive install into the new shared folder.  ( IE: D:\P_ROC\shared\log.txt ).

My VP install is on d: drive, and I run my tables from d: normally, but on my desktop PC I download new tables to test first on my F: drive, then move them to D: and also to my CAB after testing and adjustments.

So On my desktop PC I have P-Roc installed on my C: drive, but I also created a P_ROC\shared folder with the log.txt as shown above on both my D: drive  as well as my F: drive and I can run P-ROC tables from either drive..

I like to keep my C: drive as small as possible to create periodic image backup files in case windows get corrupted, I didn't want to move my VP install to the C: drive either. It took awhile to figuring this out.

Glad I could help you out!

Rich

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Rysr said:

Dazz.

If you have your VP tables folder in a drive other than c, I found that you can create an empty P-ROC folder in the root of that drive, then create a Shared folder in it and copy only the log.txt file from your c: drive install into the new shared folder.  ( IE: D:\P_ROC\shared\log.txt ).

My VP install is on d: drive, and I run my tables from d: normally, but on my desktop PC I download new tables to test first on my F: drive, then move them to D: and also to my CAB after testing and adjustments.

So On my desktop PC I have P-Roc installed on my C: drive, but I also created a P_ROC\shared folder with the log.txt as shown above on both my D: drive  as well as my F: drive and I can run P-ROC tables from either drive..

I like to keep my C: drive as small as possible to create periodic image backup files in case windows get corrupted, I didn't want to move my VP install to the C: drive either. It took awhile to figuring this out.

Glad I could help you out!

Rich

That worked perfectly.  Thank you much!  Makes the tables much easier to launch from HyperPin.

• Content Provider

this is where it is hardcoded and can be changed from the source code, got that from ninuzzu long ago

Edit the file C:\P-ROC\tools\register_vpcom.py, at line 70, change it to

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO, format="%(asctime)s - %(name)s - %(levelname)s - %(message)s", filename="C:/P-ROC/shared/log.txt")

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, arngrim said:

this is where it is hardcoded and can be changed from the source code, got that from ninuzzu long ago

Edit the file C:\P-ROC\tools\register_vpcom.py, at line 70, change it to

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO, format="%(asctime)s - %(name)s - %(levelname)s - %(message)s", filename="C:/P-ROC/shared/log.txt")

You have to change it to

D:/log.txt

so P-ROC based tables can be run from the D: drive. I also answered Dazz question at monsterbashpincab.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 9-7-2016 at 4:14 AM, roar said:

I believe you should be able to get this to work with a PINDMD2 as I have it working with a pinDMD3 using freezy's dmdext screen capture functionality. I had only stumbled upon CCC over at vpinball and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I then started a thread over at vpforums asking if anyone could get this DMD for CCC workin colour on a pinDMD3, someone there suggest freezy's tool and low and behold wouldn't you know it, the screen capturing works like a charm, i use the following settings:

user_settings.yaml (Note: I've only got this running on a single screen while I work on my cabinet)

Color Display Pixel Size: 4, Color Display X Offset: 25, Color Display Y Offset: 25,

Then my command line for dmdext is:
dmdext mirror --source screen -p 25 25 512 128 --no-virtual

I have a PinDMD3 too, but have no idea how to get it to work.
Could you please write a tutorial of how you have done it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2017 at 10:09 PM, Akuma2000 said:

I have a PinDMD3 too, but have no idea how to get it to work.
Could you please write a tutorial of how you have done it?

http://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pin2dmd-with-ccc-proc-vpx-how-i-got-it-working-in-pbx-2/

Made this a while ago - some of the text has changed so READ it as well as looking at the photos! 

The same works on PinDMD3 as well - have used the same method on Pin2DMD and PinDMD3 - works fine on both.

• 2 months later...

I managed to find a cactus canyon proc offline installer v2 and the step 1 bat file works perfectly and installed everything perfectly but when I run Step 2 - Install PROC.bat it says

installing pypinproc

installation failed, Exiting...

does anyone have any recomendations?