Rat Fink

hauntfreaks

Since I was a kid i've always been a Big "Daddy" Roth fan... and since I have already did a FP version of this table using "Dark Rider" as the base table...

there seem to be an interest to have a VP version, I was told that dark rider and star trek were the same table layout, so I used JP's star trek table as the base for this

its playable as is... but would like it to have the new lighting effects and primitives ....  Shadowsclassic says hes going to play with the B2S... I added the music script I seen in Ranar's mopar madness table, but as I said in other posts i'm no script editor....if anyone else wants to modernize this table, go for it...  attached is the table/rom/music 

EDIT: I re-uploaded a new file... I fixed and error and added sounds...

16531684052_b3e749a92a_h.jpg

rat_fink_1.1.rar

• Content Provider

OMFG dude! This is awesome! The graphics are unbelievable!! I noticed a couple things but you killed this!!

The plunger doesn't animate pullback. Fix:

Change the name of the plunger to Plunger, not Plunger1

Keydown:      If keycode = PlungerKey Then Plunger.Pullback

Keyup:          If keycode = PlungerKey Then Plunger.Fire

Is there a 20,000 bonus light?

The slingshot covers are cool, they hide the ball sometimes. But they look awesome!

Great job!!! I'm going to keep this copy as-is! This table doesn't need flashers because of it's era, maybe some GI at most, but that's it. Most people overdo flashers anyway.

Really liking this!

• Content Provider

Cool...Im really diggin the theme..GREAT JOB MAN !!!   1424003667.gif

do you have the original backglass pic.....would love to improve the DB2S

About all the bg needs imo is darkening, and some flashing lights. Just my 2¢.

About all the bg needs imo is darkening, and some flashing lights. Just my 2¢.

Itchigo,.... its not really that bright and blown out like in the B2S I believe its like this because all I did was replace the star trek BG with the Rat Fink so its still using the lighting from star trek, which is far from complimentary...

heres what the "unlit" BG really looks like

16520003936_6c35888cd2_c.jpg

Wow, I bow to the master on the backglass.  I did a static BG but nothing that compares to what wildman has created. 

One suggestion WM, the original Star Trek has the lights for the player 1 -4 turns.  I set mine up to light the eyeballs for each player when it's their turn. 

If you want to add that here are the rom numbers:

Player 1 - L15 off

Player 2 - L31 off

Player 3 - L47 off

Player 4 - L63 off

• Administrators

Wow, I bow to the master on the backglass.  I did a static BG but nothing that compares to what wildman has created. 

One suggestion WM, the original Star Trek has the lights for the player 1 -4 turns.  I set mine up to light the eyeballs for each player when it's their turn. 

If you want to add that here are the rom numbers:

Player 1 - L15 off

Player 2 - L31 off

Player 3 - L47 off

Player 4 - L63 off

good eye shadow lol....I wanted to do it but i missed it cause i used my dark rider BG that doesnt have the players if i used star trek BG i would of seen it DOHHHHH    LOL

Anyways its fixed and updated  :D

Thanks man

Loved the old Rat Fink model kits when I was a kid.   Those and the Aurora Universal Monsters lined the shelves of my bedroom.    Too cool.

I will try it when I get home from work.

i've been collecting rat fink crap my whole life... I have most of the model kits unbuilt in the boxes, tons of art... I remember having the Aurora "pirates of the caribbean" animated skeleton models and the caveman kits....

anyone remember the "motorized monster maker" ??.... this was my first forte into "low brow monsters".... second photo shows me christmas morning 1970 and to the left my monster maker kits....lol

<----TV commercial 

0b81265457e5a9624160b20c7aac7288.jpg3208885706_9957efa01a_b.jpg

Archived