The Walking Dead (Stern 2014)

Wildman

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

i dont know, can anyone, or i, test the WD ?

Game just come out.. It's not going to be out of production for quite a while.  There is no need to test something that we aren't going to release for sometime.

The Premium WD that's coming out is going to have the coolest backglass. Now why didn't they use that before? It has the best cabinet art and is probably better than the LE. In the news release they state that it has a special effect fish tank with illuminated zombie heads. Is that the topper their talking about or something on the game? Then they mention this player-controlled motorized crossbow pinball launcher. What is that? I have only played the Pro so I don't know. I have to get out there and check out an LE.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/walkingdead/index4.html

• Administrators

:( ... ok, Dazz ...

That mean, if the WD on Archivepage on Sternsite, then "someone" can and maybe will release it here ?

Correct, we will only allow re-creations once Stern has stopped production on the game.  Once it hits their game archive that is their way of saying that it is out of production.

You have alot of time to wait for it. With Stern doing two new tables a year, one possibly this March and one around Chicago Expo time. (Oct) It's probably going to be in the neighborhood of 2 years at least before release. Star Trek has been out now since Oct '13, (about 15 months) and Metallica has been out since around July '13 (17 months) I believe the Master of Puppets LE is sold out. So this probably will be the next table to hit the archives. Stern probably has a 2 year license deal,  so it might make sense that that would expire in July. Probably though they should keep it and just finish off the Mustang license at 1 year as they can probably get more production from Metallica. AC/DC was licensed since 3/12 (33 months) before the license finally expired this month. On the other hand Avengers license was expired after 21 months, so anything is possible. It guess it all depends on whether the game is making money or not. I know they did real well on AC/DC, hence the long license.  If I was Stern I would be making another music pin, but make sure it's something everyone likes. I hear Ozzy has sold 100 million albums. 

Archived