World Poker Tour Wip - Freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

OK pretty big bug with the flasher leds script. When you get ace in the hole multiball, then lock a ball in jail and hit the jail to get the jackpot, VP completely crashes. It does this on all vpm builds, it does this with the not-fully-functioning 68-bit LED script, and the fully functioning 128-bit script. That's the only point that it crashes. Unfortunately, this won't be releasable without that. I hope we can get a fix here soon. It's just not playable with the crash. I can release it without an LED array and it will play fine, but that is really not the option I hope we are left with. Two very big bugs related to this functionality...very disappointing with the work I've put into it

RCdRLGM.jpg

OK pretty big bug with the flasher leds script. When you get ace in the hole multiball, then lock a ball in jail and hit the jail to get the jackpot, VP completely crashes. It does this on all vpm builds, it does this with the not-fully-functioning 68-bit LED script, and the fully functioning 128-bit script. That's the only point that it crashes. Unfortunately, this won't be releasable without that. I hope we can get a fix here soon. It's just not playable with the crash. I can release it without an LED array and it will play fine, but that is really not the option I hope we are left with. Two very big bugs related to this functionality...very disappointing with the work I've put into it

Hey Frenetic, This is a very tricky table to do, stuff on this table is new and never been attempted before, like the full mini dmd LED on the playfield, I'm sure most people will realize this. Also WPT was the first machine made by stern to use the SAM system, so i'm sure there would be some bugs there still, even after updates to the code.

Don't be dissapointed, we are all proud of you taking on this mammoth task and we don't expect you to release anything until your 100% happy with your work. I'm sure you have the best people looking at these issues and will find a fix in time. No Rush.

You've got all the table done and thats a feat in itself, as you well might know others have tried to do this table and have given up. You don't strike me as the kind of person that will give up.

Keep your spirits up mate, were all rooting for you and if theres anything in the meantime we can do to help, please let us know.

• Content Provider

Not really, this stuff isn't hard. It's frustrating when you run into things that can't be fixed and are out of your control but for the most part working on this is relaxing. I play a lot of pinball that's what takes me so long :) half the time on these tables is spent playing!

• Content Provider

Yea long story short, a pinmame update is likely the only thing that will get us proper functionality. The led array works, except during jackpot events. It flashes the first jackpot event and then it crashes. I wonder if it simply can't update the LED array that quickly (it blinks quick). If so I hope that's an easy fix.

That being said, I'm happy with the table, it's really come together clean and looks more-or-less how I wanted it to. I'm unhappy with the blurriness of the light insert text...I'll tinker with it this week and I think I have a solution (I lay the text on a transparent layer that sits over the halo lighting).

The GI is subtle at times, and overwhelming at others. It's very atmospheric.

Honestly I didn't like the theme to begin with. I like poker, I love playing hold 'em and blackjack and all that but the theme never worked for me on a pinball table. It's funny because it's one of the core pinball themes, if you think back to the early years of pinball the themes were cowboys, pool, and poker....... yet in 2006 poker was possibly considered a bad theme. I suspect it hurt the sales of this machine but after playing it, it really turned me around on the idea of it. The opposite happened here to how 24 came together. As I finished up 24 and got to fully "enjoy" it....I hated it. The theme blinded me to how terrible the game played. It was start and stop, it was cluttered, slow, and awkward. Here with WPT I really began to enjoy it, the table is fairly open, it does stop and get a little jerky on the upper PF, and the shooter lane VUK is tedious to deal with and wait for. Beyond that, it's a good game. You have clear targets, you have all kinds of drop targets so every shot is hitting something and progressing your score. I wish there was more time in the pop bumper area but perhaps it helps the speed that it doesn't linger.

So for now, I will take a break from this table. I will give it two weeks, if we can't get a pinmame fix for this table I'll release it as-is. gtxjoe has been a lot of help getting around the led array issues. He's got a great idea that turns off the updates on the LED array during multiball, which prevents it from crashing on jackpot. However, there are a few other jackpot events that can occur outside of multiball. For the next couple weeks I will hopefully get input from a few people and I can figure out when the jackpots occur, so we can turn off updates at those times.

7GTh9jL.jpg

• Content Provider

Well there's been 2 issues. One is that you can't run b2s with the full LED array, you can run b2s with 64 out of 70 of the columns........... So gtxjoe created a script that "fills in the blanks" for the last 6 columns for those who run b2s (crucial for DOF users) and those who can run a static backglass will get the full, accurate, LED display. The only difference between the two, that I have seen, is the card suit for the river card is only right 25% of the time for the script hack.

The other issue was when you get to the jackpot event, VP would crash, in both scripts. This was a VPM issue that has been fixed in 2.04 VPM

Archived