Fast Draw Wip Freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

It will be interesting to see how you are going to manage the drop targets when they drop. You won't be able to animate them using Z, where they drop below the playfield physically as they will show below and the reflections would end up rising above the table (opposite motion). Your going to have to do it all with swapping images or something.

But it does look sweet, especially the depth on that DESKTOP! Does this mean that you are finally going to release a DT version?  :D

The underside of the plastics should be white in the reflections...

jackpot.jpg

Please pop some Prozac before replying to me... ok? Otherwise you can make your plastics anyway you want with any type of screw.  ;)

• Content Provider

For you Rascal, I will oblige. I was unaware that Gottlieb made their plastics so lame looking. I can't promise a desktop version, coolball would have nothing to do if I started doing that...

I know what you mean about the drop targets. Truly an issue I will have a hard time solving. I have 2 possibilities - one, with the top drop targets, supposedly changing the draw order will make them disappear under the playfield. The bottom ones, the only easy solution I have is z-scale rather than transz... but if it moves too slow it's gonna look funky, if it moves too fast, what's the point of primitive movement anyways? Stay tuned....

• Content Provider

Latest, still need to do the light inserts

Fixed underside of plastics (reflect) to be white

I animated all the primitives tonight, solution to the drop targets was to scale the Y scale rather than translate their position. You can't tell rally that they're being squished rather than dropped :)

Bumper rings done too

7PfkFol.jpg

I do have some tweaking to do there. Rubber should be a bit stickier, maybe adjust table angle, it feels too fast sometime. I'll watch some videos and confirm. I'll do physmod on this also

If you need more videos let me know

Archived