Fast Draw Wip Freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

• Content Provider

Been a while since I had a WIP on VPU! With the release of a scripted version of Fast Draw by Loserman over on VPF, I can finally begin this project. To begin, this is THE pinball machine that got me into this hobby. Back in the day, my dad had one of these in the garage and I played the hell out of it. We eventually sold it and I kind of forgot about pinball. Then almost 2 years ago I went searching for the machine and found that it had been recreated in two fine pieces of pinball software... from there I discovered everything else that all these great author have to author. Once I started to understand VP I realized what all was wrong with the (otherwise admittedly great) VP version - it was using a ROM. I already tried to do an EM table, I can't script, forget that. Now that there's script available I'd like to start to update the table that got me here.

Rawd showed me Triple Strike tonight and the reflections blew my mind. It looked complicated but now with primitive support in VP everything is pretty easy... apparently this was all Rascal's idea but I think he's been getting too much credit lately :)

I just started to build tonight, shouldn't take too long, I'll be using FP resources and objects for almost everything. I need to get permission from Popotte before I can release - I doubt he'll say no - but this one should be pretty smooth and I hope it turns out looking real cool.

Just a few objects placed... this is going to be similar to my WWF build, it's going to look finished well before it's even playable!

I suppose this build is a transition... I wanted to do something but I didn't want to do everything. My other 2 builds are exhausting.

MtB87w1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

Yea I know he posted something similar on VPF, but I always want up front permission. I know I'll get it but don't want any surprises :)

arngrim I know, I am doing this because it's something different for me, I hardly have to do any coding, it's all visual...

and I am so worn out on the other 2 right now :(

I posted a plea for help on VPF for someone to finish OXO but didn't get a single response. I just don't do EM Tables.

• Content Provider

Anyone able to help me with this? The script I'm converting over uses reels and when I put the reels on the backdrop it fucks up the draw order and starts looking funky. 

Unclewilly what about converting the FP script? I don't know anything about original table scripting but I really want to finish this table.

Nice...though I would not call it on the VISUALLY 95% complete...? POP bumpers, lower inside ball guides, what's that black stuff up there, rails don't look shiny or round, oh and no phillips screws back then?...just saying what I see that seems not right to me? Played it often many moons ago..

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=828&picno=23258&zoom=1

I could script it, no problem there this is a simple table, compared to the originals I've scripted..though really that's not something I'm likely to do in a week, maybe a month or so...if you're game.

Then again it maybe the beer speaking...ya all know I'm an asshole and an opinion have we all.. :)

• Content Provider

Someone say EM Db2s? :P

I could help with the backglass, but I suck at imaging so give me the ball in play snippets, etc. Or better yet, give me a backglass image with all the lights on (match, ball in play- no GI). Then I'll just cut them out. Here's what II mean.

post-4-0-11110500-1411995520_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-72852700-1411995530_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Not really sure if you're serious Stevoz so I'm going to assume you're not. The pop bumpers are done in my SS, my rails are shinier than that photo, I'll use whatever screws I like - nobody uses flatheads anymore they're useless, the black stuff is the backdrop, yea I'm missing the drain rails but that's not even 1%. If you're gonna nag me about stuff that's missing at least be a completist. Missing the ball stopper on the shooter lane, missing the gate, missing scorecards, missing the certificate at the top left of the upper apron, oh and I have 2 too many plastic peg caps.

• Administrators

Then again it maybe the beer speaking...ya all know I'm an asshole and an opinion have we all.. :)

Hey I  Resemble that remark Steve.....Is It possible that there are  2 beer drinkin assholes in the world ? 1412009481.gif   LMFAO...........

Archived