Do Release 2 Beta V 0.8 Build 5285.37539 Feedback

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have some Good news and Bad news .... Good news, I have narrowed the problem down to only happening in PinballX front end for me. ... Bad News, nothing was changed with that program, so it is still a issue with DOF 2.0 as It did not happen in DOF 1.X

Randr ... can you test out the two tables listed below with and without PinballX? Hopefully we get a confirmation on this as it has taken me 2+ days on and off to test this out.

can someone tells if he has the behaviour on the 3 last configs i submitted, i remove the fast fadings on the flashers and until now i got no random knocker

Of the 3 last tables that are posted on the Config tool I only have Last Action Hero table, and it is the Physics Mod 5 release that I use with it.

So I was adjusting my config (shaker Strength) and instead of starting up PinballX I started manually without the frontend. I played for over 45 min total and also left the table set idle while I was working on another project, maybe over 15 minutes I would guess .... Not a single random event fire .... awesome! I went to exit and realized that I was not in PBX and so to be fair I loaded up the frontend and sure enough within 3 min of playing Last Action Hero I had my first random fire event. I let it set after playing for about 20 minutes with many random knocker hits and I also has some with the game sitting Idle. 

As mentioned before, please try configs which dont have any fading, any intensity settings or any colors which require PWM (e.g. Red=48,0,0, but not xxxx=24,36,0) and let me know if you still have that random knocker effect.
My suspicion is that the effect is somehow related to the part of the code dealing with the pwm settings of the ledwiz, so using settings which dont require pwm at all would likely stop that random knocker effect.
Really want to fix this problem, but since I dont have that effect myself I need your help to track down the cause for it.

Soooo ... I did the same test with CV as that had a lot of noticeable random fire to it and came up with the same result .... In PinballX I have MANY random fire events and if I play it without a Frontend running I have Zero random triggers ... Played for over 30 minutes and let the game set for about 10 minutes with no problems. 

If we could all test this and get a confirmation or not maybe helpful?!

Thanks for digging deep on this everyone!

The strange thing is that I've been running DOF with PinballX and I don't recall any random knocker events with any versions.  I'm running a LEDwiz and Sainsmart board.  I always have used the straight up settings for intensity etc.  I wonder what's different between our setups?  

Tested real quick 3 ways. Angrim provided a dof for fire without fades and I can confirm random stuff is gone! I also can confirm using standard fire config it only happens when using front end! Now without fades it also works fine in front end! If any of this makes any sense?

I will say angrim the shaker on fire without fades is way to strong! :)

• Content Provider

remark, from now on, i won't have all the toys anymore, i won't fill all the toys that exists, so if somebody has a bell for example, and has tables setup for, please submit your adds, so everybody can use it.

for the rgb, i will rename the complex and add a third one, for adressable ledstrip and controllers, the effects are different and compatible with a non adressable ledstrip

The strange thing is that I've been running DOF with PinballX and I don't recall any random knocker events with any versions.  I'm running a LEDwiz and Sainsmart board.  I always have used the straight up settings for intensity etc.  I wonder what's different between our setups?  

I have the same setup other than the relay board I use is a cheaper version of the Sainsmart board without usb. So yeah that is strange that it is only happening to a few of us, or is it that many people don't realize that it is a random effect that is not intended ... and how many just don't vist the forums other than to get tables ? ...

• Content Provider

Hi guys

I'm back home for a few days and hope to find some time to work on the random knocker problem.

Randrs test results are quite interesting. I kind of expected that there wouldn't be any random effects when there are no PWM settings. That gives me a pretty goof idea which part of the code I need to check.

One thing which is really strange, is the fact that the use of the pinballx frontend influences the random knocks. Very weird. Small question: Do you have something in PinballX (Sorry, I havent installed that programm yet), which does something with the Ledwiz?

Hope to have more news soon.

Tom

Nothing different other than just running pinballx. I will say without a clear script pinballx will leave outputs stuck on but vp direct run dof clears properly. I'd be willing to test for you if needed just let me know

• Content Provider

I have checked the code once again and couldn't find anything wrong.

Apart from the possibility, that there is still a undiscovered bug in my code, the random knock problem could also be related to the LedWiz in combination with specific mainboards resp. chipsets.

Will try the following next:

• Experiment with somewhat longer delays between ledwiz update calls.
  • If the extra delay doesn't help, I will need to add some code to record all ledwiz update calls with precise timestamps, so I can try to filter out the random knock events.

It cant be said enough, but thanks so much for this incredible addition to VP.  I could not imagine playing vp without DOF now with all of the old stutter and stuff. So glad also that you are still around and updating it.  just amazing, thanks

dup3d, you asked for this toy rgb complex, can i ask you to submit your configs so all the interested people can benefit from it?

of course you can :) i´ll submit the configs for the tables i played a bit with the undercab RBG´s. 

I´m sure there´s the one or another thing which could be done better but for the start i´m pretty happy with my settings and hope other like it :)

EDIT:  done. sorry i´ve submitted STTNG 2 times. pls ignore one of them as i wanted to submit the config for ST 25th and don´t choose the right one. More will come the next days

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

voila i finally submitted all the configs.

I corrected the W** F100 to W** f100, , and for the Blink 350 2, or you put Blink 350, or 350 2, but the 3 arguments don't do anything, i have tried myself, so i kept 350 2 to the fix before the approval.

thx for fixing and approving :)

next time i use the lower case f for fade. i only looked in the manual and theres an example with upper case F so i thought it was right but i have not looked into your other config´s so deep so that i have overseen this. sorry

And thx for the tip with the other arguments i will use correct one´s for the next configs.

Thanks swisslizard for such a great improvement to the VP scene.  Is there a way to have my flipper contactors fire at startup and release when I press the flipper button.  The problem is that my flipper contactors (bradleys) make more noise when I release the flipper button than when I hit them.  Just seems a little strange compared to real pinball.  Maybe my wiring is messed up, but I thought that it might be a simple fix.  Thanks

yes you can do it like this

S48 60/S48 60 Invert

thanks for the quick reply, but I'm confused how to do this.  Can I make a change with the online DOF config tool, or do I have to change every table?  Can you give me a quick sample?  

is see this in the ini file

[Variables DOF]

t = 60 I48

dt = 60 I48

can I use a flipper variable like this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with the latest version of the table there "diner". the button "launch ball" is off when the ball is waiting to be released and begins to flash when already in game (no longer in its launch position and release the button now blinking)

as I modify the script?

Archived