Do Release 2 Beta V 0.8 Build 5285.37539 Feedback

I am running my cab with a standard ledwiz. I copied the files over and everything is running like a charm. I use the new beta DOF configtool which also worked out of the box. Denis assisted me in modifying my led_pull.bat. As I start my cab, I pull the latest ini onto my cab.

Thank you both, Tom and Denis, for your excellent work. If I encounter any problems, I will post them here in there threat.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or better, we can do a wallpaper of our cabs with nice looking toys, lit or not, compile them, to do a 1280 width picture that can fit all the configtool screens.

Wanna share your nice pictures?

Speaking of toys...

Well, they aren't in yet.

TXNQfPE.jpg

Hi, great to hear the Beta is runnig fine :)

not want to hijack this thread but i got a dumb question

I was trying to get my undercab rgb led´s some more action like in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WT25Th8xeE  or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsr3teGOB8c vid but i can´t get it to run. In the config tool i get a blue border arround the undercab rgb entry if i add something other than ON + a Color.

Could it be that in the actual DOF release it´s not possible to do something like that ? trying to find info´s or something but without success.

thx for all your great work and if this is not the right place for my question move it :)

Name of the toys?

the upper one looks like a chime unit of a real old pin and the other like bells also used in some older pins ;) 

greetz dup3d

• Content Provider

Chime toys have been added ;)

Dup3d: on color = same color constantly, to have the effect like you showed, you can make some mappings like the regular flashers, eg s1 color effect.

I will soon add an option to let the user to choose the intensity of their color for their flashers, waiting for confirmation of the specs

• Content Provider

The blue border just means you are not aligned with public config, it is totally normal when you modify a config and until it is send to validation to public approval, which is not mandatory.

Also, the purpose is to get rid of the toys with name custom, so let me know what you use as toys there and i can create ptoper toys with propet name :)

the upper one looks like a chime unit of a real old pin and the other like bells also used in some older pins  ;)

greetz dup3d

Right. The left Bell is best described as Bell_EM, I think. The right one is also from a EM, but I think Bell_Taxi would be a fitting name.

The last one is a Bally EM knocker for inside the cab, which sounds and feels different then a modern knocker mounted inside the backbox. It is not as loud but since it is close too the buttons you feel it more.

Perhaps Knocker_EM or Knocker_Secondary?

Sir Cheddar,

I have a Gottlieb set of chimes in my cabinet!  We can share configs!

Cool, I wanted a Gottlieb but I'm glad I've got at last this Williams. They are rare around here.

I fear I will have to bother you about how you connected them soon.

Sharing configs will save both of us some time :)

BTW, do you have a secondary sound system? It sounds great when the normal mechanical sounds come from the cabinet and the reel sounds come from the back 

I think some of them are best left on custom. The EM bell on the left side of my picture - it gives only a ding - is the best universally usable bell. It is not too loud and it fits to a Central Park as well as to a CV.

The other EM bell I describe as Taxi Bell gives off a ring - many real life Taxi machines have their bell disabled, it can get annoying after a while. That is even more true for my bell topper now, this one is for Fire! only.

Some toys are cool unless they get used too often - then they start to get annoying. I think the Fire bell is one of the most extreme examples of this.

A pal of mine has a Premier Gold Wings which has another toy that makes a good example for cool toys that can get annoying when used too often. But no, I don't plan to add an air siren to my cab.

• Content Provider

ok so bell is already existing, it's true that non custom toys are better with their true name, and there can have some exceptions

the bell toy is already in the list of available toys

• Content Provider

new functionality in Configtool 2

If you find your flashers too powerful, you can define the alpha intensity of the colors in the tool now

773930Sanstitre.png

By saving it like this, your ini files will become :

White=#FFFFFFA0
Red=#FF0000A0
Lime=#00FF00A0
Blue=#0000FFA0
Yellow=#FFFF00A0
Cyan=#00FFFFA0
Magenta=#FF00FFA0
Silver=#C0C0C0A0
Gray=#808080A0
Brown=#800000A0
Olive=#808080A0
Green=#008000A0
Purple=#800080A0
Teal=#008080A0
Navy=#000080A0
Dark_red=#8B0000A0
Black=#000000A0
Firebrick=#B22222A0
Crimson=#DC143CA0
Tomato=#FF6347A0
Coral=#FFFFEFA0
Indian_red=#CD5C5CA0
Light_coral=#F08080A0
Dark_salmon=#E9967AA0
Salmon=#FA8072A0
Light_salmon=#FFA07AA0
Orange_red=#FF4500A0
Dark_orange=#FF8C00A0
Orange=#FFA500A0
Gold=#FFD700A0
Dark_golden_rod=#B8860BA0
Golden_rod=#DAA520A0

Don't hesitate to put it very low if you don't feel a big difference

Chime toys have been added ;) Dup3d: on color = same color constantly, to have the effect like you showed, you can make some mappings like the regular flashers, eg s1 color effect. I will soon add an option to let the user to choose the intensity of their color for their flashers, waiting for confirmation of the specs

thx for your help :)

i´ve made a typo mistake in my config all the time i was trying  :wacko: now it´s working and it´s time to test some more undercab light action

• Content Provider

or better, we can do a wallpaper of our cabs with nice looking toys, lit or not, compile them, to do a 1280 width picture that can fit all the configtool screens.

Wanna share your nice pictures?

I don't have these installed yet:

Bally over-the-top buzzer (Capt. Fantastic, Freedom)

1403977207.jpg

TWO Gottlieb chime boxes - Some games used 4 bar chimes where the bars were distributed across two boxes. I'm not aware of any games that used 6 bars.

1403977521.jpg

An effects panel from a Williams Jungle Lord or similar era game with knocker and 4 inch bell

1403977654.jpg

1 point, 10 point, 100 point bells from Gottlieb 60s era EMs. That's two 3 inch bells and a 5 inch bell. I'm not aware of any games that went up to a 6 inch bell. 

1403977957.jpg

Various score reel motors and relays from a Williams EM - may be good for authentic EM sound effects. 

1403978280.jpg

I'm sure that the random knocker problem is somehow related to DOF and is not a flaw in zebs boards. I had zebs boards in use for quite a while before DOF was released and I never had the knocker problem.

Junky

I don't recall stating it was a flaw in zebs boards. I just don't recall people having the issue that didn't use a zeb board. Could be a dof issue I have no idea

Archived