Do Release 2 Beta V 0.8 Build 5285.37539 Feedback

I noticed today a random weak knocker I think!

I just updated to DOF 2.0 and it is going very well. Except that I now have the random weak knocker effect also. Tables that it happens on the most is CftBL and also CftBL Physics mod 5 and also Last Action Hero and happens a lot on CV, I thought at first with CV that the Knocker was added as it did not work in that game before  ... I did not have this random effect before the update  ... also I do not use zebs boards ... 

Great work guys and looking forward to all the new toys I get to play with... Thank you

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I never had this happen till the last time I updates configs I wonder if something got messed up in my settings on the dof tool? Did it for me on eight ball deluxe and defender(only two I played the other night my wife said it happens on other tables too

Yeah I never had this happen till the last time I updates configs I wonder if something got messed up in my settings on the dof tool? Did it for me on eight ball deluxe and defender(only two I played the other night) my wife said it happens on other tables too but what's odd is I was testing dof early before it was released and never happened till this last weekend.

Odd but probably not related I'm sure but I didn't generate "night" configs but still have the older "night"

Configs in folder I will try a few things and see if I can pinpoint what caused this to happen for me just recently

played ALOT of games tonight .... the only game I played tonight that does NOT random fire the knocker is Car Hop ... Cactus Canyon High Noon Mod will random fire the knocker just in attract mode not even playing a game and also does it while playing. I played 11 different games and played each game many times trying to pinpoint when and why this is happening without any success. Elvira and the PM mostly does it when the ball is kicked out into the plunger lane or the ball being launched itself.

I hope this gives some clues to the Dev's

Thank you 

In my experience it seems the random knock seems to stick to an certain event on a table till you restart the table. I remember once I had a knock on coin on an older table and it was resolved after I exited and restarted it.

I'll keep a closer look at this.

• Content Provider

The last remark of Arngrim is interesting.

It seems to support my theory that I got a liitle undiscovered bug in the Ledwiz update logic code.

Can try the following:

For a table where you have the knocker effect in attract mode (by the way, many tables allow to turn on the flashers in attract mode), create a alternative ini setting which only uses colors with full intensities (e.g. #ff000, #00fff and so on) and no fading or anything else which would force dof to change the intensities of a channel. Then try again and check if you still have random knocks.

If that helps, I have a better idea where to look for that bug.

Two things:

1 - thanks very much for all your hard work with this, update went very smoothly, no problems and I can't see a cab experience minus DOF. Your contributions is that good (and to all others who contributed too, many thanks!)

2 - All this talk is reminding me I really need to add a knocker ;)

So the random "knocker" is not limited to the "knocker" only ... it seems that, after watching while my wife plays, the fan spins and the new Strobe that I just installed (last night) also fires, all tied to the random "knocker" event. It is very distracting on some tables and other tables it works into the game .... Bad Cats we played for a while and only had the event happen one time.

I had a back-up install that I decided to give it a try just to see if it was any different ... DOF 1.x Does NOT have the random "knocker" of doom in my setup of 150+ tables. I had never experienced the random knocker before I upgraded to DOF 2.0. So that eliminates my wiring or my components ... also I have the Fan, and knocker on their own separate relays and the LED Strobe is straight to the LED Wiz. Just trying to give some more info to help track down the bug.

Thanks for the new DOF 2.0 and all the toys I see now. Thank you for all the hard and time consuming work everyone!

Les   

• Content Provider

i checked fire config and i didn't put fast fadings on flashers.

We can try without custom duration and intensities for contactors, but only once Deegor will execute the sql script that I delivered, that migrate all the DOF revision 1.7 to use the target and drop target variables

hmmm.. the bug reminds me of audio setting in ledblinky...

If you fail to setup ledblinky correctly it fires all outputs not just lights while playing music and is very much like what happens in my cab now

• Content Provider

As mentioned before, please try configs which dont have any fading, any intensity settings or any colors which require PWM (e.g. Red=48,0,0, but not xxxx=24,36,0) and let me know if you still have that random knocker effect.

My suspicion is that the effect is somehow related to the part of the code dealing with the pwm settings of the ledwiz, so using settings which dont require pwm at all would likely stop that random knocker effect.

Really want to fix this problem, but since I dont have that effect myself I need your help to track down the cause for it.

Angrim,

I've been using your Config Tool Beta since you gave me access (thank you).  It has updated releases up to number 1233 (grand prix).

Now I see that you have been updating the public released Config Tool.  It has DOF2 updated releases up to number 1227 (mr&mrs pacman).

Are you still updating the Beta with current DOF2 configs? 

Thanks man

Junky

Archived