Do Release 2 Beta V 0.8 Build 5285.37539 Feedback

Haven't had any issues with the new beta and zebs VOB. I don't think this is new for DOF, but I love the head popping on the bride, arngrim programmed in. I have not adjusted the led_pull script I'm using to goto the new site, so if there are any tips there let me know.

Z

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

This randowm knocker issue is really strange. I never had it here and it is therefore nearly impossible to me to find out what is causing it. I'm not even sure if it is in DOF or in the native LedWiz driver.

If someone can find some common pattern when this is happening, I can again try to find the problem in the code. About the only thing I which I can imagine as a source for this problem is the update logic for the ledwiz. This update logic is a bit complicated since it build different sequences of ledwiz update commands based on the hardware output state and the new output state which is to be achieved.

Here is a quick explanation what DOF tries to do for ledwiz updates:

If the only change to the outputs is that one or several outputs are turned on or off, there is only the onoff command sent to the ledwiz (this is fast, approx 1 ms).

If also the value of one or several outputs changes, a single valueset command is sent to the ledwiz (much slower than the onof command, approx 20ms).

If one or several outputs are turned on or off and the values change for one or several outputs, DOF will send a combination of the above commands. Most commonly it will first send a valueset command and then a onoff command, but there are also situation where 3 commands are sent: onoff, valueset, onoff.  This should help to improve the speed of the reaction of the gadgets, since gadgets which dont need a value change and gadgets which have to be  turned off, can be handled quickly first and all other things which need a value change will treated secondly which takes a bit longer due to the slow value set command.

It is possible that there are bugs in this code and maybe it is not as optimal is I'm hoping for.

• Content Provider

it happens to me more often at the start of scared stiff as example, when all the flashers are ON, light off a little bit and go back, but globally they are all ON for quite some time

Hi, 

after playing around a little bit with my undercab led´s on some tables i had an idea and perhaps other people like it and it´s not to hard to put it in the upcoming DOF2.

On my Cab i installed undercab rgb leds and also put a stripe on the backside of the backbox and the speakerpanel are also illuminated from the inside and for my feeling the steady lights are some kind of boring on a lot of tables and so i experimentet just a little with some more action for the led´s :) and really like it. So i think other´s would also like to have that kind of more action. 

So here´s my idea. 

Could you put a second rgb undercab field to the table configs in the config tool. I mean to have 2 fields called something like "RGB Undercab simple" and "RGB Undercab complex" and then a global type of selector (like you did for "generate no feedback files" "yes/no") or checkbox to choose which one will be used when generating the ini´s.

So the people who wants the steady light can choose the simple config and the people who want´s more action choose the complex confg.

Hope i described it understandable for you ^^

I know i could also contribute my settings but then there´s no option for others and they have to edit the config for every table if they don´t like it.

just an idea and if it´s not doable easy forget about it :)

greetz dup3d

PS: if you want to test some more action for your undercab led´s you can try the following configs for DOF. Just edit your RGB Undercab RGB Entry. These are just some results of my experiments. i know there could be done much more with all these effekts and nice things DOF will provide but i´m pretty happy with it so give it a try and/or modify it to your own likenings.

Roadshow:

ON Yellow/S51 White/S52 Orange/S53 White/S54 Orange/S55 Red/S56 White/S57 White/S58 White/W61 Orange/W62 Orange/W37 Red/W47 Red/W48 Red

Medieval Madness

ON Purple/S2 Green/S3 Red/S4 Red/S8 Red Blink 200 3/S9 Red/S17 Red/S18 Red/S19 Red/S20 Red/S21 Red/S23 Red/W45 Red/W46 Red/W53 Pink/W54 Pink/W55 Pink/W51 Orange/W52 Orange/W37 Brown

Monster Bash

ON Purple/S17 White/S18 White/S19 Violet/S20 Red/S21 Green/S22 Orange/S23 Red/S24 Red/S25 White/S26 White/W51 Orange/W52 Orange

Cirqus Voltaire

ON Green/S17 White/S18 Blue/S19 Blue/S20 Blue/S21 Yellow/S23 Red/S24 Yellow/S25 Yellow/S26 Yellow/S27 Lime/S28 White/S37 Lime/W51 Pink/W52 Pink

STTNG

ON Purple/S21 White/S22 Red/S23 Blue/S24 Red/S25 White/S26 Blue/S27 Blue/S28 Blue/S41 Green/S42 Red/W71 Yellow/W72 Yellow/W73/Yellow/W74 Blue/W75 Blue/W51 Yellow/W52 Yellow/W53 Yellow/W54 Yellow/W55 Yellow/W56 Yellow/W81 Red/W82 Red/W84 Red/W85 Red/W86 Red/W87 Green Blink 200 3/W26 Orange/W27 Orange/W28 Orange

Attack from MArs

ON Red/S15 Lime/S17 Orange/S18 Orange/S19 Orange/S20 White/S21 Orange/S22 Yellow/S23 Green/S25 Orange/S26 Orange/S27 Orange/S28 White/S39 White/W51 Blue/W52 Blue/W53 Green/W54 Green/W55 Green

Funhouse

ON Blue/S17 Cyan/S18 Yellow/S19 Red/S20 Red/S23 Red/S24 White/S25 White/W41 Orange/W53 Orange/W17 Cyan/W54 Cyan/W64 Cyan/W31 Cyan/W32 Red/W34 Red/W37 Red/W18 Red/W68 Cyan/W77 White

BigBangBar

ON Purple/S18 Blue/S19 Blue/S20 BlueS21 Green/S22 Green/S23 Yellow/S24 Red/S25 Violet/S26 White/W41 Green/W42 Green/W69 Violet Blink 350 2/W70 Violet Blink 350 3/W32 Green Blink 350 3/W24 White/W71 Violet Blink 350 3/W31 Orange Blink 250 3/W61 White Blink 250 3/W62 White Blink 250 3/W25 Green/W52 Red/W53 Red

• Content Provider

Let's make things simple and just like we did with aithentic launch ball, the rgb undercab complex is a new toy just created, if someone wants to switch from the regular to the complex, just go to ports page and change of toy just like any other ;)

• Content Provider

that's really interesting this stat page

357 tables in total

316 have flipper contactors

312 for rgb undercab

309 with strobes

138 for beacons

138 for shakers

124 for gears

20 for fans

+- 280 for 10 contactor configs!

Let's make things simple and just like we did with aithentic launch ball, the rgb undercab complex is a new toy just created, if someone wants to switch from the regular to the complex, just go to ports page and change of toy just like any other ;)

sounds great :) 

there´s one question i can´t find an answer for now. You said in the upcoming release you can adjust the flasher´s intense. Will this be only for the flasher´s or will the undercab rgbs or other rgb toys also be affected by this. I mean will it be possible to dimm only the flashers as the undercab rgbs should remain full intense or is this impossible as they both will use the same color descriptions ?

thx again from here and looking forward to the upcoming DOF2 

• Content Provider

Well we change the nature of the color, so everything that uses these colors are affected, i don't see how it can be improved because it is the color name that is copied on the tableconfigs, not the color definition

• Content Provider

The best i can do is having the rgb intensity at the level of the controller choosen in port page instead of at the user level in my account page.

That can do it, in the case if you have more than one controller and if your rgb undercab is on another controller than the flashers, for example.

What do you think?

sounds great :)

there´s one question i can´t find an answer for now. You said in the upcoming release you can adjust the flasher´s intense. Will this be only for the flasher´s or will the undercab rgbs or other rgb toys also be affected by this. I mean will it be possible to dimm only the flashers as the undercab rgbs should remain full intense or is this impossible as they both will use the same color descriptions ?

thx again from here and looking forward to the upcoming DOF2 

This functionality will be included in the Advanced DOF tool 2.0, but I am waiting to release it until the new version of DOF is released.

This functionality will be included in the Advanced DOF tool 2.0, but I am waiting to release it until the new version of DOF is released.

HM i´m a bit confused now :) never heard of the Advanced DOF tool before i only know the Randr config tool. but when this is possible with the advanced DOF Tool2.0 why don´t you share the way you solved this to Randr or perhaps merge the tools to one :)

The best i can do is having the rgb intensity at the level of the controller choosen in port page instead of at the user level in my account page. That can do it, in the case if you have more than one controller and if your rgb undercab is on another controller than the flashers, for example. What do you think?

This would be an option but as you said it would only work if you have a second output controller for the undercab. So it´l work but suboptimal for User´s with only one controller :)

But wouldn´t it be possible to put in another set of let´s call it "hardcoded color´s" which are not affected by the alpha intenese settings. So these "hardcoded colors" will be allways the same in the ini with full intense and the color names can become a an "F" in front for full color or so. e.g. FWhite, FYellow, FRed and so on. and then in the config tool you can use these new hardcoded colors for the toys you want to have full intense and for the other toys which uses the normal colors the alpha intense could be adjusted with your new tool

just an idea but don´t know if it works and how hard it is to put it in the tool but i think it should work :)

• Content Provider

@dup3d:

With DOF2, you can solve your intensity issue be using a adjusted fadecurve for the toy representing the ledstrip. If you use a fadecurve which only goes from 0-128 instead of the default 0-255 you will only have half the intensity in the end. The table configs can remain unchanged.

Allmost all toys have fade curves in DOF2, so you can really finetune the outputs.

Unfortunately, the docu on the details of the fade curves is not yet written, but you can check the WIP docu to get a idea of the concept:

RBAToy with fadecurve support: http://pinball.weilenmann.net/Docu/DirectOutputWIP/toy_builtin.html#use_DirectOutput_Cab_Toys_Layer_RGBAToy

Predefined fade curves: http://pinball.weilenmann.net/Docu/DirectOutputWIP/class_direct_output_1_1_general_1_1_curve.html#a258edf1501f05c0b5afe7d8aae4ed7a5

The config for the toy in the cabinet config would probably look a bit like this:

<RGBAToy>  <Name>Undercab Ledstrip</Name>  <OutputNameRed>OutputNameRed</OutputNameRed>  <OutputNameGreen>OutputNameGreen</OutputNameGreen>  <OutputNameBlue>OutputNameBlue</OutputNameBlue>  <FadingCurveName>Linear0To128</FadingCurveName></RGBAToy>

DOF2 does also allow you to use your own curves, but this is really not yet documented or properly tested.

• Content Provider

ok guys, custom intensity to colors, only for flashers are implemented ;)

if you let rgb flashers to FF in my account page, you won't see any custom color and the files will be like normal

but if you define a rgb flasher intensity lower, all the coloours will be doubled, the second ones will be with a "C" in front, and these colors will be used for the 3 and 5 flashers configs

sounds like the problem is solved in 2 ways. one way within the new config tool or the other way by using cabinet config with fadingcurve (with more options using predefined curves).

really nice to know an can´t wait to test it when DOF2 is out for public :)

thx again for all of your work and upcoming releases

Archived