24 Wip Freneticamnesic

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

You all thought you'd gotten rid of me!

I have been working out small kinks getting it to play right... still struggling with several issues, it's a really complex table surprisingly. I can see why it's not been done before. Hopefully I can get some script help from a few knowledgeable people to sort out the last couple bugs

I've got a few more textures to do and a little bit more lighting to do, and finish up the GI....

So here we are, I've got a GREAT new suitcase model from Dark, it's top notch

sNtWCQC.jpg

• Content Provider

MAY MAKE YOU GO BLIND

High gloss reflections and bright lights may cause temporary or long term blindness!

Nice work! I'm going to wear shades playing this.

yea just wait til they start blinking on and off repeatedly for no reason at all

• Content Provider

Hey it's not my fault they put giant white playfield lights in the middle of the playfield, nah though, once the text gets put on the lights and I get posts up there it will break up the light a bit. besides that though, I won't change a thing! I like it.

I want to build it as if you've turn out the lights in the room and the only lighting is the leds on the playfield. Too intense for some people... i like it EXTREME!

Doritos-Extreme-ZSCC.jpg

I'll try and catch you in chat tonight gtxjoe! i got ball lock issues

• Content Provider

Off the top of my head I can't think of one. I'm not at home. Jps fun house should have one but he may have just used a ball stack.

If you can't get it going let me know and I'll fiddle around with it

• Content Provider

Off the top of my head I can't think of one. I'm not at home. Jps fun house should have one but he may have just used a ball stack.

If you can't get it going let me know and I'll fiddle around with it

I'm not sure I see it in funhouse. this is my first time dealing with a ball lock I honestly had no clue there were different kinds... my idea was 3 switches (there's 3 rom controlled switches in the suitcase as it is) and a visible post...but timing becomes an issue then. 

• Content Provider

That is why my lock doesn't work right in bop. I did it with just switches and a post and I couldn't get it to let just one ball out at a time.

The code for the visible lock looks pretty easy, I think. It just needs to be spaced out right.

Check out the vpm documentation.

Or I could try it for you

• Content Provider

For avengers, I used 3 triggers/switches and 3 droppable walls, that way only one ball drops each time the solenoid is triggered.  

post-3067-0-84128300-1403144165_thumb.png

Here is the code you can try.  I have not tried it out on your table yet but give it a go.  The extra walls are use to control the the balls so they move down one spot at a time

'Multiball init put this in Table1_init
Post45.IsDropped = 1 
Post44.IsDropped = 1
Post43.IsDropped = 0 

'Solenoid calls
SolCallback(28) = "solMultiballLock"

Sub solMultiballLock(Enabled)
If Enabled Then
  post43.isdropped = 1: playsound "fx_woodhit2"
Else
post43.isdropped = 0: playsound "fx_woodhit"
End If
End Sub

'Switch
Sub sw45_hit():  Controller.Switch(45) = true:end sub 
Sub sw45_unhit():Controller.Switch(45) = false :end sub

Sub sw44_hit():  Controller.Switch(44) = true:post45.isdropped = false:end sub
Sub sw44_unhit():Controller.Switch(44) = false :post45.isdropped = true:end sub

Sub sw43_hit():  Controller.Switch(43) = true:post44.isdropped = false:end sub
Sub sw43_unhit():Controller.Switch(43) = false:post44.isdropped = true:end sub

• Content Provider

Hey I remember that thread, why didn't I think to look for it again. Thanks I'll give it a whirl

Edit: I think that's going to work but I may have something backwards or...not sure, I'm not triggering the last switch to enable the multi-ball somehow, but also the walls don't seem to be acting right. Check your PM I sent a test table (with walls to make it easier to trigger the ball lock) let me know if you can find out what's wrong, I've moved things around a bit and I swear I have the wall and switch order correct to drop the walls.... I appreciate your help! This thing is nuts

Looking good, can hardly wait to try a finished version! :)

It's a pretty brutal fast table (in real life as well) from what I gather, but a nice fast paced table is always fun now and again.

• Content Provider

Looking good, can hardly wait to try a finished version! :)

It's a pretty brutal fast table (in real life as well) from what I gather, but a nice fast paced table is always fun now and again.

You know, I've yet to play a real one, but my experience on this version is a little hit and miss. It can be a ball-stopper at times, it has the kicker under the safehouse, it has the ball lock on the right ramp, it occasionally locks balls on the left ramp, it has the sniper solenoid that will stop the ball for a few moments like the left ramp, and then you can't get full loops that I can tell.... if you can keep the ball off the outlanes with good nudging technique, you can rack up high scores but it takes a while to get there because of all the up posts and ball locks and kickers...it's bizarre. It's like they threw everything they had at this game. I like the theme so I play it and build it but it doesn't flow like other games I really enjoy  

I've never played it in real life either but I watched a few game play videos before mapping the suitcase which led me to believe the real pinball machines have more of a slope than most tables.  Physically next to other pinball machines it appears to have a different slope, but I could be wrong.  The legendary designer Steve Ritchie also designed Getaway high speed which is known for fast paced action and good "flow".  It's said that 24 is the last table he will have designed which is too bad really since he's a great designer and 24 wasn't really the best note for him to leave on in my opinion.  It's not a bad table but doesn't really compare to the quality of Getaway, Stern using walmart army men as toys and the sniper is like a crappy GI joe.

• Content Provider

I've never played it in real life either but I watched a few game play videos before mapping the suitcase which led me to believe the real pinball machines have more of a slope than most tables.  Physically next to other pinball machines it appears to have a different slope, but I could be wrong.  The legendary designer Steve Ritchie also designed Getaway high speed which is known for fast paced action and good "flow".  It's said that 24 is the last table he will have designed which is too bad really since he's a great designer and 24 wasn't really the best note for him to leave on in my opinion.  It's not a bad table but doesn't really compare to the quality of Getaway, Stern using walmart army men as toys and the sniper is like a crappy GI joe.

LOL exactly, like the army men are zip tied to the safehouse windows. So weird, when they went out on all the rest of the toys (except the sniper, which at least had some thought as he comes out to shoot). It was almost like an after thought.

Steve Ritchie was let go from Stern somewhere in late 2009/early 2010 after completing 24 due to Stern cost cutting days.

He was rehired in 2011 and created ACDC (2012) and STERNS STAR TREK (2014) and is still gainfully employed at Stern creating new games.

Archived