[New VP10 Alert] Star Action (Williams 1973) 1.1

• Members

Star Action (Williams 1973) 1.1

Remember 1973? Pink Floyd’s, Dark Side of the Moon, Wings album, Band on the Run, William’s Star Action pinball machine…. No, not that last one? Here’s your chance to enjoy this table from over 50 years ago.

Star Action features a unique turntable (in playfield-center) that spins when you hit one of two posts (remind anyone of the lamp from Tales of the Arabian Nights?). Spin it to advance through the ten lights around its circumference to get Double, then Triple scoring. Wide flippers are a little more forgiving than the sometimes shorter variant you often see in older tables.

This version, 1.1, features beautiful plastics, playfield, apron — and when combined with a masterclass backglass by @hauntfreaks hopefully it makes for a top-notch EM (electro-mechanical) table worthy as an update to @loserman76’s VPX contribution.

Hold left flipper (shift) before game start for options menu. Options include:

• 5 ball or 3 ball play
  • Reset high scores
  • Change scoring values
  • Enable/disable add a ball star mode

Contributors include @Cliffy, @teisen, @hauntfreaks and @JCalhoun.

The original table from @loserman76:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/7246-star-action-williams-1973/

• 2 weeks later...

Table could use a info update

showing info for tables/Star Action (Williams 1973)/Star Action (Williams 1973) 1.1.vpx
      VPX Version: 10.8
       Table Name: Triple Action
          Version: 1.1
           Author: [not set] [not set] [not set]
    Save revision: 202
        Save date: Sat Mar 23 16:42:21 2024
     Release Date: 0
      Description: Loserman76: 1.0

• Members

Alright. FWIW, the Loserman76 tables often leave Author empty but put credits in Description. (And I think he may be pointing out that the Table Name above is incorrect for that table.)

I may leave Description blank, put Loserman76, EMUnderdogs for Author.

8 hours ago, BraveNewSoma said:

I have a frontend that uses Table Name to list tables so fixing that would already help a lot. Thanks

Is there a guide or standardized template we should follow? I tried comparing to other tables and none seem to follow a particular standard with many fields left blank, other where all that info is pasted into the description but no fields. Where would the hierarchy of authors fit or should that just nbe the latest author? That kinda stuff :) Should the table name be the actual ipdb table name for example Star Action (Williams 1973) or should it be the short name or perhaps the full name of the vpx file?

On 4/4/2024 at 5:48 PM, Cliffy said:

Is there a guide or standardized template we should follow? I tried comparing to other tables and none seem to follow a particular standard with many fields left blank, other where all that info is pasted into the description but no fields. Where would the hierarchy of authors fit or should that just nbe the latest author? That kinda stuff :) Should the table name be the actual ipdb table name for example Star Action (Williams 1973) or should it be the short name or perhaps the full name of the vpx file?

I fear I don't have any answers. Regarding the name, looking at what I have installed it's indeed a mix of Star Action (Williams 1973) and Star Action