Lol

zebulon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really sad to see this kind of stuff.

I joined VP about 3 years ago and some of you guys are older to Vp forums than me, but most came afterwards.

I really haven't seen any problems from Paul at all myself. I am not saying you guys are nuts(at least not for this part-he hee), but i must say i am a tad disappointed.

Zeb, you have been great fun at the VP forums, and i recently went through the thread, and after Paul apologized, you still jumped ship. This is your choice, but all i am saying is if we only give each other 1 chance in life, than i really am not going to do well with any of you all, because i will make too many mistakes, and you will hang me out to dry too.

I helped many of you guys get started as best i could, and although I know this has nothing to do with me, you actually are punishing people like me when you jump ship.

With most of you gone, I am left with barely any of the older crew.

You may say, well just come here and be happy Mace, but like i say, it won't matter....in 2 three years, half of you will have jumped ship again.

All i am saying is that i don't think divorce works :) All the goodies get split, and you just end up fighting again with your new mate.

Anyways, how is everyone doing today? :)

Cheers,

Maceman

• Content Provider

Hi Maceman,

Welcome to the forums.

What's wrong with having more than one virtual pinball site? There is some nice innovation coming from this site as well. Maybe instead of trying to convince people to come back and deal with Paul and his tantrums. You could stop by every once in awhile and contribute here, or at least say "Hi" to your old friends.

• Content Provider

I have to agree with Deegor. Multiple sites benefit the community. If you don't like the "only" vp site, without the other sites- you're done. Nowhere else to go.

This site has some great things going on, and mine has some unique files. All contribute to the hobby, so what's wrong with that?

This is no different than rival companies. A rival company gets it's start when the next guy thinks he can "do it better". We all know the events that precipitated the start of this place, but it has turned into something so much more than that since then. There are good things going on here. Honestly, if one site had all the tables and the other had all the backglasses I'd be happy as a pig in shit, because no one person has the power. You know what ultimate power does...

Circle of life, in another 5 years Pinball Nirvana may be back on top, who knows...?

Hey Maceman, nice to hear from you....:)

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it's nice to get some positive feedback.

I've never just been on one site only, I've been here, vpf, hyperpin, pinball nirvana, pinside, etc.  The truth is that it's almost impossible to keep to one site anyway, the world is too diverse.

I may be back to vpf someday, I never say never. It became apparent by Noah's attack that he has some issue with me, and that it must bother him that I "peddle my wares" on his site, even though I got permission from him long before I ever sold my first board and have made every effort possible to move all of that away from vpf and over to my own site. I'm sure there's an apology over there, I haven't logged back in to read it...honestly, I could care less about that whole thing. I don't need an apology, he has a right to his opinion, just as I and everyone else do.  It's his site and his game and I'm totally cool with that,  I just don't feel the need to be in that environment at the moment.

I'll be around, and if you ever need to reach me, my contact info is all over the place....:D

Hi Deegor,

I have nothing against multiple sites at all. Don't get me wrong. I just feel bad people seem to mostly be joining as 'rejected' or 'nose out of joint'.

If it was just pinball, then great, but my post was mainly to Zeb who posted regarding the 'refugee', which implies someone who has left or been left :)

I should explain that one issue for myself is time. Please don't take my absence as anything other than time related. As you can see (i think), i joined this forum near the start...but when i gave it some thought, i felt i just couldn't put feet in both sites. I am already barely on gopinball as an alternative.

Tim (Itch) emailed me via email way at the start whether any of my tables could be used and i said absolutely...so hopefully that shows that i am in support of you guys.

As to your comments above Zeb, I am not singling you out my friend, but if you don;t mind me using you as an example....this is what i mean, i mean...you just finished saying you didn't log back in because you really don't need an apology etc... but the problem with that is that you never gave Paul a proper chance. My point is, if everyone walks away after one chance, i am dead in the water myself, because i make alot of mistakes. I would really be sad if i my own apology wasn't read or accepted. That is all i was meaning.

Anyways, peace guys.

Cheers,

Maceman

• Content Provider

See I don't think people are all joining for that reason. Maybe at first, but I think most are joining for whatever they can't download at another site. I think most people are here for the downloads.

I did ask you and (at most) 1 or 2 others if I could host your tables on my new site. I was scolded by paul for this. One email was missed and not replied to for months after, assuming I wasn't turned in (the other 1 or 2 I have worked with directly, all are friends), this proves he reads pm's if he chooses to.

Zeb's fight is not my fight, but as for the one chance:

Chat

WM banned

UW scolded

Zeb

(There are more, but I can't think this early).

I'm done with dealing with him. I had considered "starting over" after chat, but then more stuff happened. I just decided to not be a part of it.

Multiple sites have always been a good thing for this community, we are not all the same, we don't want the same things and we never will. Doesn't mean there has to be a war or anything like that between sites and sometimes the less mentioned of "the other sites" the better since it leads to a lot of drama, but we all have to vent sometimes so it should be expected.

I love this hobby, this site and most of the members! (;)), we are all pretty lucky to have found each other

Ok, that was laying it on a bit thick eheh but i think you guys know what I mean. This hobby is filled with contributors. I don't think everyone always appreciates how cool and maybe uncommon this is.

• Content Provider

The more the details get hashed in public, the more the details get construed or twisted. I’m here for my own reasons and it’s silly to really keep rehashing them. What is done is done, and I think we all should just let people form their own opinions. I pretty much have always been a one site member and today this is my home site. I still visit VPF.org a lot, I don’t post there all that much except to put my two cents in with the VP developers. I’ve put down my pitchfork and I’m done storming the castle.

The more free thinking sites the better and if you have a grievance towards another site, I just hope that it is due to something that you experienced or have seen firsthand and not just something you compiled together from word of mouth or word of text for that matter. Unless you lived it, you should remain neutral and keep an open mind.

This hobby has always been full of many different characters with a lot of different ideas on what drives this hobby. It’s surprising that with all these arguments and different ideas that we can even turn out a table or make a cab.

If you absolutely have to choose a side, choose my side, because I am always right. Once I thought I was wrong and I was right. I'm so full of shit, now beer me ya cheap bastards!  :P

LOL...I wasn't looking to start anything or dredge anything back up. My initial post was supposed to be tongue in cheek.

I think the biggest problem with the whole internet thing is the inability to accurately gauge the tone that something is typed in. Just as I'm sure that Paul misinterpreted my post, I'm sure that my initial post in this thread was as well.

I went over and looked up the apology last night, for what it's worth, at least I can say that the attempt was there. Somehow it still comes across to me as being my fault but that could be an example of what I just said. The attempt was made and I'm grateful for that. I also looked through the forums and saw that I haven't missed much.

I'm not a dramatic guy by nature and when I feel like I'm getting pulled into it I take a step back. Right now I'm on a back step.

My hope is that by doing this, I can relieve the burden of selling my boards from the vp forums and move it to direct contact through my website and email. This is not anything new, it's something that I have been trying to do since I closed the booster board thread as it is hard for me to keep up with inquiries from pm's on several different boards. People get missed and orders get lost, neither of which I particularly want to see happen.

Once again, I'm not here stomping my feet with my pail and shovel in my hand.....I've been here for awhile, just I am on the other sites.......:D

Sounds good zeb! Thanx for giving it a read as well.

I am like you as well. I tend to step back in conflict as well and I think that is wise.

You have some real good stuff on your website. I wish i could use some of it. I made my cab out of plywood :)

Cheers,

Maceman

• Content Provider

The more free thinking sites the better and if you have a grievance towards another site, I just hope that it is due to something that you experienced or have seen firsthand and not just something you compiled together from word of mouth or word of text for that matter. Unless you lived it, you should remain neutral and keep an open mind.

Great observation. :)

I made my cab out of plywood :)

Cheers,

Maceman

I made mine out of Particle Board. :huh:

See now Zeb... The reason Paul is so pissed at you is because you didn't put all of your designs for your booster boards, etc up there as you were designing them. Makes them so much harder to steal.

What I think you should do now, is go back there, post the full working schematics of all of your boards with BOM lists, a full 30 page guide on how to assemble them (no words bigger than three syllables... he hates them.) and then hand them over, gift wrapped in a gold bow, with a big sorry to seal it all off. Then when he is selling your boards too, maybe then he will be happier. <end sarcastic rant>

Pure plagiarism. Nothing less than theft. 

While I am sure that Paul has done a lot for the community in the past, this is unacceptable.

Time for me to get out to the shed I think.... maybe come up with a couple of ideas myself. :)

Archived