Special thanks and credit to:

Blender - bord
Playfield redraw - Popotte, rothbauerw
Playfield upscale and image processing - movieguru
Backglass - blacksad
Script and physics - rothbauerw
Mechanical Sounds - fleep
Previous author - JPSalas

This was the first pinball I ever purchased over 20 years ago as a thank you gift to my brother.  It provided our family with many years of entertainment until he sold it recently.  I took on this project to build a faithful recreation of the actual look, feel, and game play of that table.  I hope it provides as much enjoyment for you as it did for us.

This has a few minor enhancements from the version originally released at vpinball.com.

Yes
v10.6 required

What's New in Version 2.1.1   See changelog

Released

A few physics modifications including:

- improved rubber dampeners for more lively ball on rubbers

- improved flipper rubberizer for more realistic flipper play

Adjusted playfield disablelighting to prevent unintentional blinding

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TalNas3

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Best 1979 Star Trek release yet. The bounciness is worlds more realistic than previous revisions. Amazing job, Rothbauerw. :D

Pros:

• Lighting is beautiful. No desire to change it for my cab
  • Physics are nearly perfect (see "con"). The ball bounces off the targets like my in-home EM and the ball hops upwards if they reset while the ball is on top, without any "visual glitching"
  • Inclination is best described as "the just-right porridge"

Con:

• Plunger is very strong relative to other games I play. May pipe it down a notch
    • Note: This can vary from cab to cab depending on Virtuapin Controller or plunger configuration

Personal "Winner's Tips" to help you lose friends:

• Nudge more sparingly when it comes to the horizontal game
  • Plunge for the kicker on ball 1, then B or A rollovers after (unless B or A are complete)
  • Shooting the left-hand bonus multiplier targets from the left flipper
    • Aim for the right-hand standup (L-L-Y) targets since they're in "riccochet range" of the bonus targets. Much safer than hitting them directly (led to drains in my experience)
  • Once the right-hand L-L-Y standups have been cleared, shoot for "Time Warp" (right flank) to score your bonus. If you've been shooting L-L-Y from the left flipper, chances are your multiplier has been raised and your bonus is substantial
Link to review
takise

I'm probably the only person in the world who has more fun on this table than on ST Next Gen.

Thank You mate.

Link to review
GordonJames

Stunning work yet again. Playing this makes me feel like I'm actually playing a real machine in a remote way. The lighting, ball physics, attention to detail in modeling, texturing, the electronic sounds, physical sound samples all combine to make a pretty believable picture. Thank you guys. The generosity is appreciated greatly.

Link to review
rjclarkee

I just love the nonchalantly way you say you had the real machine and then decided to recreate it VP....haha....mad skillz dude. Thanks millions

I LOVE IT

Link to review
RaceBKB

Always loved this table.  Great job and many thanks for the had work!

Link to review
studlygoorite

Thanks for the enhancements/re-upload, both versions (VPX and VR) look, play and feel great.

Link to review
Bertone

I played this on Future Pinball with Soundtrack in the past. Love to see it on VPX . Thanxxxxx so much. I will play it later.😍

Link to review
dielated

Beautiful table, thanks for the updates :) also thanks for reposting this and merry christmas! 🎄

Link to review