Stern Sam Table Sound Trouble

Hello everyone, I just built my cabinet and got everything setup, and want to thank you for this great resource for material and help.  All of my tables are working great except for the Sam Stern ones.  They play ok but the sounds are doubled up.  Every sound plays twice, separated by about a half second.  It's really annoying.  POTC was the first SAM table I installed. It did this, but then mysteriously worked  a few times before having the issue again.  I added Tron and Avengers and now all three are doing the same thing.  I tried disabling B2S on Tron but it did the same thing.  Any ideas on what could cause this?

Thanks! 

Same thing happened to me and also a friend, what fixed it was making sure that the main screen and the dmd are on the same graphics card. The back box picture can be on another graphics card. Everything now works perfect with no stutter.

Using an i3

• 1 year later...

Yes also ensure db2s is set to exe mode

how do you do that?  I just started messing with Stern Tables and Metallica is doing it for me.  I have Quad Core 1.8ghz, 8gb of ram and 512 mb video card.  All other tables audio is fine.  Are the Stern ones too beefy?  FYI the table appears to play fine...just the audio

• 1 month later...

im having this same problem and its driving me nuts.  I am not having the problem with all stern tables.  Simpons pinball party, 24, and lord of the rings all seem to work fine. However I am getting the audio problems with transformers, tron, Batman, Big Buck Hunter, and star trek.  This is happening with vp 9.92, physmod 5, and vpx

I have this problem with and without backglass or DOF.  IN fact the tables play just fine its only the audio problem.

I have tried setting the processor affinity to just one core.

I have lowered graphics settings and tried every optimization guide I could find.

My computer is windows 10, ssd, 16 gb of ram, core i7 4770, and gtx 770 card.

ideas anyone? bueller bueller

• 1 month later...

Having similar issue with a i5 2500K CPU. Looking at task manager the CPU use is at around 70-80% when playing these tables but certainly doesn't seem maxed out.

Anyone work out a solution?

• Content Provider

In an earlier response in this thread, they were able to solve by connecting playfield and DMD displays to one video card. I recommend just connecting all three displays to one card if the card is a fairly recent one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In an earlier response in this thread, they were able to solve by connecting playfield and DMD displays to one video card. I recommend just connecting all three displays to one card if the card is a fairly recent one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm currently running a 2 monitor setup from the one card (GTX770). I guess I can try removing the backglass and move the dmd onto the playfield monitor to see if just one screen helps.

• Content Provider

Make sure that no applications or background processes are running except those that you absolutely need. Start testing SAM tables with something smaller. Family Guy or Spider-Man rather than something involving huge game code files such as AC/DC, Metallica or The Walking Dead.

Archived