Ball clips right through flippers

I have noticed, mainly playing newer tables, (on my system) that once the ball makes it about halfway down the flipper, it just falls straight through. I am using the latest bam, and the fp exe that came with it. The older tables play fine. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

I suspect you are experiencing this on tables that have dynamic flippers.  Check the XML for the table.  It may be in the script or in a file that is saved with the table.  The settings listed below should all be set to "0" for the flippers.  Unfortunately, the bounce off the flippers is completely changed when you change it.  This issue was first discovered at the link below.  I think I posted a fix for the bounce difference for tables that have dynamic flippers in one or more of the replys.  Of course, most of us are using FizX now. 

leftXoff="0" leftYoff="0" leftZoff="0" rightXoff="0" rightYoff="0" rightZoff="0"

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/threads/jaws-ultimate-pro-1-08-how-can-we-fix-this-graphic-bug-with-the-flipper-finger.19651/

I watched the video you posted for the problem. That's not it. I can hold the ball with the flipper forever, no problem. When I release the flipper, the ball rolls down normally until its about halfway down. Then it falls through and I lose the ball. A new one is then ready to be launched. I am having the problem with fizx enabled tables as well. I have bam installed correctly. Its almost as if half the flipper is made of flat paper under this circumstance. I appreciate the replies very much.

Edited by tsukasa80
clarification

That is a new one on me.  Are you using Windows 10 or 11?  If you are, then all I can suggest is to tell Ravarcade about it.  I have never seen him on this forum but he is available on Pinball Nirvana. 

Well, this is the part where people probably tell me "where to go" lol. I am using linux, with wine. I am guessing it is the graphics drivers, or something related to it. I realize this totally will limit my support, if I get any at all, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't a common issue with the newer versions of Bam before I started troubleshooting. Thanks for the help everyone. Have a wonderful day/night/whatever.Same setup, in windows works fine. Left windows for personal reasons, and way off topic.

Edited by tsukasa80
adding

It was fairly easy to get going. Even with bam. Just a few dll overides,  and a few things to install via winetricks. wsh57, oleaut32.dll, vcrun6. The override was set msvcr120 to built in. Tables load and play magnificently, as long as you don't wait too long to hit the ball. I imagine I will figure it out eventually. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

@tsukasa80, I think I just extracted the current  'Future Pinball and BAM Essentials AIO - Complete - 2.4.zip' in to a folder and ran it without any problems.  I didnt even run the installer. I may have had my wine config tweaked from previous installs though.  Seems to play well.  I wrote a script using Zenity for its file selector that lets me choose tables inside zips (all my tables are compressed) and then depending on if its a FP or VP then launch FP using wine or the VP linux standalone which is really nice!  Only problem I am still having is that I can get wine/FP to start/load/play a table but the /exit doesnt work when I hit escape or alt-f4:

WINEARCH=win32 WINEDEBUG=fixme-all wine "Future Pinball.exe" "/open %z:$ziptmp/$gamename /play /exit"

I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to make it end FP once gameplay is over.

Edited by EarBiteR