New Years Cab Wish List

deewill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda funky with the sign by the bumpers on the left side (Ball looks like it goes through the sign when its hitting the bumpers).....otherwise I think its pretty damn cool.  

Now that I read about this topic it has me trolling the HyperSpin Website to see what other games are out there that aren't on VPF and VPU. lol

I tried again and the VP link worked thismorning, but the file was a binary match for the file I got from the Hyperpin site.  (13,696,031 byte zip file)  :)

The minor issues I see are the ball rolling "over" the Collect Chance sign, and the graphics could use some touch-ups.   For example, the "re-light jackpot when lit" sign is hard to read, but it's clear on the original BBB verision.    I'm looking into extracting the images from the SWF file, but faling that I'll just do a screen grab from the BBB version and fix it up in photoshop.     Also trying to figure out the ball-over sign issue, but I'm a noob with VP table design.  :) The sign is a series of dropwalls with Side Visible checked, and a bottom height of 60.

Found a solution to the "Ball through the sign" problem.   Select the group of walls that represent the sign (see attached screenshot) by dragging a rectangle around that general area.  You should see Wall(5) show up in the options on the right.   Check "Flipbook animation".    The walls are Wall92, Wall89, Wall88, CHANCESIGN1, CHANCESIGN.  I beleive the last two aren't actually used (they don't have images associated with them), but I figure it's probably better to grab them all.

You can repeat the same for the sign over the railroad ramp (Wall90, Wall91, RELIGHTJACKPOT1, RELIGHTJACKPOT)

My understanding is this is appropriate use of the Flipbook Animation feature.  The lights on the sign are a sort of "flipbook", the flipbook animation checkbox ensures that the ball is rendered properly around these.

post-3117-0-62870600-1388703019_thumb.png

• Content Provider

Now that I read about this topic it has me trolling the HyperSpin Website to see what other games are out there that aren't on VPF and VPU. lol

I have a few... ;) Just like it says in my signature.

Thanks guys. I had a few people ask me about Monopoly today, so here is a copy from my cab. There are a couple of things I fixed, so it's a bit better.

Load up one of the latest VP versions that has ball trails and reflections and it looks quite nice.

This is all I can do at the moment as I am involved in another project, so anyway, enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2317241/Monopoly%20FS.zip

Awesome!  Thanks for your work on this luvthatapx :)

If anyone wants to add plunger support, here's how.  It's working well with my Nanotech kit:

Step 1)  Add a plunger object to the table (off to the side where it won't be visible).   Name it "Plunger".  I've attached a screenshot of the values I'm using, but the only important ones are to enable the timer and change the interval to 40.

Step 2) Go into the script editor.  Search for Monopoly_KeyUp

replace the code all the way down to "'******' 'JP's fading lamps with the following:

Sub Monopoly_KeyUp(ByVal keycode)
     If vpmKeyUp(keycode) Then Exit Sub
     If keycode = PlungerKey Then    : Plunger.TimerEnabled=True:PlungerIM.Fire : PTime.enabled = false : PlungeReel.Setvalue 0 : Pcount = 0 : End If
     If keycode = KeyUpperLeft Then  : controller.switch(1) = False : End If 'Left  Post Save Key (UK)'
     If keycode = KeyUpperRight Then : controller.switch(8) = False : End If 'Right Post Save Key (UK)'
End Sub
Sub Monopoly_KeyDown(ByVal keycode)
     If vpmKeyDown(keycode) Then Exit Sub
     If keycode = PlungerKey Then    : Plunger.TimerEnabled=False:PlungerIM.Pullback : PTime.enabled = true : End If
      If keycode = KeyUpperLeft Then  : controller.switch(1) = True : End If 'Left   Post Save Key (UK)'
     If keycode = KeyUpperRight Then : controller.switch(8) = True : End If 'Right  Post Save Key (UK)'
'      If keycode = 23 Then : If ICon = False Then : FVp.write "ShowIC\r" :    ICon = True : Else : FVp.write "HideIC\r" : ICon = False : End If : End If'
End Sub

dim PCount : Pcount = 0
Sub PTime_Timer()
    If Pcount < 12 Then
        Pcount = Pcount + 1
        PlungeReel.Setvalue Pcount
    End If
End Sub

Dim PlungerPos,PlungerPos2,PlungerPos3,PowerSetting,plcount
Sub Plunger_Timer()
    PlungerPos=INT(Plunger.position/2)
    If PlungerPos3-PlungerPos > 3 Then
    PowerSetting = PlungerIM.Strength
    PlungerIM.Strength = (PlungerPos3/12*PlungerIM.Strength)
    PlungerIM.AutoFire
    PlungerIM.Strength = PowerSetting
    PlungerPos2 = 0
    PlungerPos3 = 0
    End If
    PlungeReel.SetValue(PlungerPos2)
    PlungerPos3=PlungerPos2
    PlungerPos2=PlungerPos
End Sub

That's it!

post-3117-0-39570400-1388724307_thumb.png

• Content Provider

Thanks guys. I had a few people ask me about Monopoly today, so here is a copy from my cab. There are a couple of things I fixed, so it's a bit better.

Load up one of the latest VP versions that has ball trails and reflections and it looks quite nice.

This is all I can do at the moment as I am involved in another project, so anyway, enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2317241/Monopoly%20FS.zip

Thank you!

• Content Provider

Nice......so if I just mention:

Family Guy

Shrek

(Newer) Indiana Jones

Tron

ACDC

Spiderman

Transformers

WPT

Cactus Jack

Will they magically show up? ;)

I don't think Indiana Jones works with VPmame yet.  Some bug.

I've got the following covered/in the pipes for completion so nobody needs to spend any time on them unless they absolutly want to.

- X-men Pro

- Tron LE

- Metallica

- Star Trek

They aren't built fully (or started) so please don't IM me for them as I wont share anything that the Admins wont let me upload due to time.  I have artwork for them all that I've cleaned up or completly redrew thus why I say not to waste your time building them unless you absolutly wanted to.

Spiderman is on my to do list as well but I haven't even started any artwork so this may or may not get built by me.  If anyone is working this title let me know so I don't waste my time on it.

• Content Provider

I don't think Indiana Jones works with VPmame yet.  Some bug.

I've got the following covered/in the pipes for completion so nobody needs to spend any time on them unless they absolutly want to.

- X-men Pro

- Tron LE

- Metallica

- Star Trek

They aren't built fully (or started) so please don't IM me for them as I wont share anything that the Admins wont let me upload due to time.  I have artwork for them all that I've cleaned up or completly redrew thus why I say not to waste your time building them unless you absolutly wanted to.

Spiderman is on my to do list as well but I haven't even started any artwork so this may or may not get built by me.  If anyone is working this title let me know so I don't waste my time on it.

Thats an awesome list of wips. Ive really been enjoying your avatar, and iron man tables. Love your physics settings.

my ball times are very similar to the real life tables. Do you think you could start a wip thread?  

Archived