[New VP10 Alert] Paragon (Bally 1979)

Paragon (Bally 1979)

Just like with Lost World, iaakki picked up this old crusty Paragon build and revamped the physics, giving it a new lease on life. RothbauerW helped with drop target physics. Fleep sounds, dynamic ball shadows and VR room by TastyWasps based on a VR room by Rajo Joey. Upscales by redbone. Tested at VPW.

Visuals aren't as modernized as I'd like them to be, but it holds up ok.

Looks and plays great, all! I did notice some breaks from the usual fleep sounds tho:

1) ball release sound is not the fleep ball release sound

2) drop target down and reset sounds aren't the fleep sounds

3) the saucers are triggering a ball release sound instead of "Saucer_Kick" as they normally would

Thanks again for uploading this!

• 2 months later...

When I start the file, it says "Can't start Gameparagon Object Required."  Then the game comes up on the screen.  When I push "5" to insert a coin, it makes the coin sound but then the game crashes.  I'm new to this, so what might I be doing wrong?

On 3/26/2024 at 7:53 PM, pbpinball2020 said:

When I start the file, it says "Can't start Gameparagon Object Required."  Then the game comes up on the screen.  When I push "5" to insert a coin, it makes the coin sound but then the game crashes.  I'm new to this, so what might I be doing wrong?

Do you have the rom file for the game? Most tables post-1977 or so require a rom. This one requires paragon.zip (the "paragon Object" of your error). You'll need to obtain a copy of that file legally and place it in your pinmame\roms directory. Should make the table play.