Restarting An Old Build.....

zebulon

Posted this over at Hyperpin....but I'll put it here as well... :)

Well, having been back and forth on selling the empty build I started 2 years ago, I've decided to carry on.

I think my half baked paint job cries out for only one solution.....A Steampunk Build......

Here's what I'm starting with...

attachment.php?attachmentid=36567&d=1388attachment.php?attachmentid=36568&d=1388

I'm still in the planning stages, but I can show you a teaser that I pulled off my cnc yesterday....

attachment.php?attachmentid=36570&d=1388attachment.php?attachmentid=36571&d=1388attachment.php?attachmentid=36575&d=1388attachment.php?attachmentid=36576&d=1388

Which became this today....

attachment.php?attachmentid=36577&d=1388attachment.php?attachmentid=36578&d=1388attachment.php?attachmentid=36579&d=1388

One thing I do know...the siderails, lockdown bar and legs are coming off and will be replaced with some custom machined wooden replacements, I'll keep the metal bits for a rebuild I'll do on a Stellar Wars I have...one day...smile.png

I'm sure this will be a marathon build.....

@skeebo - I'm going to be doing some 3d relief siderails and lockbar but the final treatment will likely be a brass/copper finish. I need to keep the costs down as I have some pretty big plans for the feedback....go figure...:)

@maxx - I wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag too early as I'm still thinking some things out - but lets just say that I need to brush up on some of Tesla's toys....I may have to scrounge up an old tv set or two for some flyback transformers

@arngrim - I'll have to dig up a pic of the cnc to post....what I started with wasn't much but I did make a couple of minor changes to it to get it up and running...I'd say it's about 20% a production model and 80% homebuilt at this point..

The woodrail beside it is an old 1954 Gottleib Gold Star. It's almost back up and running, I just have to finish cleaning the steppers. After that I have to start working on designing a replacement backglass, the one that came with it is almost completely gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

The woodrail beside it is an old 1954 Gottleib Gold Star. It's almost back up and running, I just have to finish cleaning the steppers. After that I have to start working on designing a replacement backglass, the one that came with it is almost completely gone.

If you want to get some pics I could have my friend make this one....

LOL...they'd play hell with the computer in the cab anyway...:)

About 10 years ago I built a clear case pc and inside I put a touch sensitive globe that was made by pc toys (no longer in business afaik) you know the kind you touch and the stream of electricity gets brighter. It was within 10mm of the graphics card and mobo. I just happen to run into the person I built it for and he said his young son was still using it to play some older kids games. He said that it is all still working great and it had been the most reliable computer he had owned.

I know you can get bigger ones of the same globe at some of the novelty gift stores in most shopping malls. That might be a cool addition to a cab.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Lol funny that the name plasma was right on the tip of my tongue but I could not think of it while I was writing that post. ...

I wonder if it is using the usb for power only ... or maybe it could be triggered through the usb ... hmmmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Archived