New release: v2.2.0 BETA2

freezy

Alphanumerics no longer work with newest *beta*  freezy dll's. In some cases the vpx table totally crashes out.

I had made a custom style for Flash Gordon and no go. Table crashes hard. I only discovered this while trying aplhanumerics on shovel knight. The difference is since shovel knight is a non rom game it doesn't crash, no pinmame involved. Just no score displays. With Flash Gordon and Black Hole, Time Machine, Roller Games they all crash out vpinmame.

My advice is to stay with freezy's released versions for now. I warned about betas possibly breaking things and here's the proof :)

Edited by Cliffy

11 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Alphanumerics no longer work with newest freezy dll's.

It's working for me in for the few VPX tables I use, just not in Pinball FX.  I've tested Bride of Pinbot, Galaxy Quest (Space Shuttle re-skin), Elvira, and a few more.  Curious where this leads.  I was beginning to like the alphanumerics.

7 minutes ago, buffdriver said:

It's working for me in for the few VPX tables I use, just not in Pinball FX.  I've tested Bride of Pinbot, Galaxy Quest (Space Shuttle re-skin), Elvira, and a few more.  Curious where this leads.  I was beginning to like the alphanumerics.

Glad to hear that. Mine work as well if I roll back freezy's dll's to the ones dated 8/10/2023

On 8/22/2023 at 2:06 PM, halen said:

Now I have all colorize roms working on visual pinball.

I'm trying to work for pinball fx3 but I'm not successful.  Before the  upgrade to frezzy 2.20 pinball fx3 colorize works for me on PinballX with this command line:

mirror --source=pinballfx3 --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 --virtual-position 2195 580 805 130 --colorize

After reading the freezy/ dmd-extensions the new command would be:

mirror --source pinballfx3 --colorize --plugin "D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\pin2color.dll" --plugin-passthrough --virtual-stay-on-top --fps 60 --virtual-position 2195 580 805 130

When i run Pinball FX3 with the new command line Serum colorize works like a charm!!

[15] 2023/08/22 14:14:48.303  INFO | Process found, starting capturing...
[15] 2023/08/22 14:14:48.303  INFO | Reading DMD data from Pinball FX3's memory at 25 fps...
[15] 2023/08/22 14:14:48.303  INFO | Frames coming in from Pinball FX3.
[10] 2023/08/22 14:15:35.171  INFO | Found Pinball FX3 game: BALLY_Champion_Pub
[10] 2023/08/22 14:15:35.235  INFO | [serum] Found 0 triggers to emit.
[10] 2023/08/22 14:15:35.235  INFO | [serum] Serum colorizer v1.6 initialized.
[10] 2023/08/22 14:15:35.235  INFO | [serum] Loading colorization at D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\altcolor\BALLY_Champion_Pub\BALLY_Champion_Pub.cRZ...
[10] 2023/08/22 14:15:35.235  INFO | Switching Converter (Passthrough) switching to Serum
 [5] 2023/08/22 14:15:58.227  INFO | Terminating DMD data capture from Pinball FX3
 [5] 2023/08/22 14:15:58.227  INFO | Frames stopped from Pinball FX3.
 [5] 2023/08/22 14:15:58.227  INFO | Waiting for Pinball FX3 process to start...

But for PAC files:

[16] 2023/08/22 14:09:56.123  INFO | [serum] No colorization found at D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\altcolor\BALLY_Attack_from_Mars\BALLY_Attack_from_Mars.cRZ...
[16] 2023/08/22 14:09:56.123  INFO | [plugin] Determined pin2color.dll path from assembly path: D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\pin2color.dll
[16] 2023/08/22 14:09:56.123 ERROR | [plugin] Error loading plugin at D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\pin2color.dll.
[16] 2023/08/22 14:09:56.123  WARN | Error initializing colorizer: No PAC key found. Set it in DmdDevice.ini under vni.key. System.ArgumentException: No PAC key found. Set it in DmdDevice.ini under vni.key.
   at LibDmd.Converter.Vni.VniLoader.LoadPac(String vniKey)
   at LibDmd.Converter.Vni.VniLoader.Load(String vniKey)
   at LibDmd.Converter.Vni.ColorizationLoader.LoadVniColorizer(String gameName, ScalerMode scalerMode, String vniKey)
[16] 2023/08/22 14:09:56.123  INFO | Switching Converter (Passthrough) switching to Passthrough

I have the pin2color.dll and pin2color64.dll in my folder D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME.

My dmddevice.ini:

; the key to decrypt PAC files, in hex.
vni.key = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (The Key)

; put your plugins here, up to 10 plugins can be defined.
; since they are native plugins, you need to define them
; for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
plugin.0.path = D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\pin2color.dll
plugin.0.path64 = D:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\pin2color64.dll
plugin.0.passthrough = false

Freezy can you help me???

As far as I know, there is NO plugin available for dmdext now. Freezy added PAC into his dll.

You should not have vpin2color(64).dll or serum.dll in the directory where dmddevice(64).dll is loaded.

You should not use the plugin parameter with dmdext,exe as well. All should be handeld by freezy's dll

5 hours ago, Sakurarozu said:

Hi, did freezy final break the goitlab tables? On beta 5 it was running fine with last version of freezy. Now I can't launch Shaq attack with out ctd. 

Wipeout loads but ctd as soon the table loads in

Yes, snapshot 8-10 doesn't work for alphanumeric displays(atvleast for me and @Cliffy, I see it is working for @buffdriver)

51 minutes ago, freezy said:

Alphanum (actually, it was all games that don't have an altcolor folder) is fixed in latest build.

Lord I hope so :) thanks!

Quick tests show alphanumerics good again, whew! Much thanks again Freezy

Edited by Cliffy

14 minutes ago, buffdriver said:

I tested r11 and all good for me on the alphanumerics, both VPX and FX.  Also re-confirmed that VPX was working for me on both r7 and r10.  Thanks, Freezy!

You must have an altcolor folder for every game :)

Luxcor colorisation on pinside of Gottlieb super mario bross crash with 2.2.0

*https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros/page/6

Street figthter missing frame and losing color as noted above.

TMNT show nothing as noted

Where to get the lastest beta dll revision? I run heavy test these day as i redo all my pov and correct bug that appared on some table with vpx10.8.

As a side note upgrading to dmdext 2.2.0 and  then removing  lucky dll improved my framerate on some colorized table by 20 fps on vpx 10.8 x64 (x86 was not affected and keep the same perf). I was investigating bad stutter on some previous perfectly smooth table under vpx10.8 x64 and then noticed that disabling external dmd.dll make things back to normal.so i take my chance at upgrading and bingo massive improvement in fps. However X86 was not affected somehow only x64.

10 minutes ago, embryodead said:

Luxcor colorisation on pinside of Gottlieb super mario bross crash with 2.2.0

*https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros/page/6

Street figthter missing frame and losing color as noted above.

TMNT show nothing as noted

Where to get the lastest beta dll revision? I run heavy test these day as i redo all my pov and correct bug that appared on some table with vpx10.8.

As a side note upgrading to dmdext 2.2.0 and  then removing  lucky dll improved my framerate on some colorized table by 20 fps on vpx 10.8 x64 (x86 was not affected and keep the same perf). I was investigating bad stutter on some previous perfectly smooth table under vpx10.8 x64 and then noticed that disabling external dmd.dll make things back to normal.so i take my chance at upgrading and bingo massive improvement in fps. However X86 was not affected somehow only x64.

I posted the link on the last page. I was finally able to download r11 just a few minutes ago. tmnt for me is still a little unstable but works. I don't know is street fighter has been fixed yet. 

ok tested  with 2.2.1r11 and street fighter still misse frame and result in black and white random screen

same thing for mario that miss some frame and result in random frame with red color but at least it start colorized now

tmnt started in color but not really tested