Short yet full Serum installation howto

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 12:10 PM, zedrummer said:

Do you talk about aliases Captain?

No, just pal/vni had to be a certain name, and without folders its impossible to identify what it is,

Pac you could name it the table name and it would play regardless of the filename of he .pac file just to clarify what i was referring to

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider
8 hours ago, Killmanwar said:

Dont work form me, wy another extension?, make vni, or pac, better.

There are a lot of reasons why 😅

Have you updated you DMDext lately?  It has native crz support.

8 hours ago, Killmanwar said:

Ok sry for the comment, updated freezy and work, thanks

Well another problem, if i have colour with crz, i lose colour of pac files, but not pal/vni, so strange.I have a clean vpinmame folder with last version.

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, Killmanwar said:

Well another problem, if i have colour with crz, i lose colour of pac files, but not pal/vni, so strange.I have a clean vpinmame folder with last version.

.pac isn't currently supported - you have to do some stuff to make it work.

10 hours ago, Wylte said:

.pac isn't currently supported - you have to do some stuff to make it work.

Thanks for your time, for now i cant use all formats in one, i need one vpinmame for crz, and pal.vni, and another folder for pac, maybe in w10 works better, i have w7 64b. If they dont support pac files, killed hard work of many people with pac format, some games have only pac option for color, i think is better all support in one. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, this looks amazing! I originally installed the 64 bit version and it didn’t work. However, I ran Windows task manager, clicked the “details” tab, right clicked on the column headers and clicked “select columns”, checked “Platform” and saw that I was actually running the 32 bit version of VPX. Make sure to check the version you’re running, this looks amazing when you get it working. Thanks for the thorough tutorial!

Edited by Beetlebomber
More detail

• Content Provider
On 6/12/2023 at 3:55 AM, Beetlebomber said:

Thank you, this looks amazing! I originally installed the 64 bit version and it didn’t work. However, I ran Windows task manager, clicked the “details” tab, right clicked on the column headers and clicked “select columns”, checked “Platform” and saw that I was actually running the 32 bit version of VPX. Make sure to check the version you’re running, this looks amazing when you get it working. Thanks for the thorough tutorial!

You can copy both platform files to VPinMame as the names differ: "serum64.dll"/"serum.dll", "dmddevice64.dll"/"dmddevice.dll"...

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, yogevsho said:

hi

i have a problem with Serum on 64 bit 

on vpx 32 bit the color work but not on 64 bit

i update all the 64bit files and im using luckys dll

thanks

I use the files from the first post the 32 bit and 64 bit work good On my Real  Pin2DMD and the LCD DMD.
I would say something on your setup is not quite right

• 2 months later...

Notre Monsieur tuto (entre autres) sur Pincabpassion   :)

C'était super clair et ça a fonctionné direct, merci.

Ca surprend la colorisation la première fois !

J' ai voulu tester avec une de mes tables préférées Champion Pub, et ça passe super bien.

Ca reste étrange pour un vieil oeil habitué à l'orange, mais j'ai bien envie de m'habituer !

Thanks ZeDrummer !

• 3 months later...

Has anyone managed to get the .crz file working with Pinball FX3

Champion Pub and Creature from the Black Lagoon (from the Discord site - WIP) work fine with VPX, but cannot get to work using FX3 - the other colour roms work fine in FX3, i.e. .pac files

On 4/11/2024 at 9:33 PM, FP125 said:

Has anyone managed to get the .crz file working with Pinball FX3

Champion Pub and Creature from the Black Lagoon (from the Discord site - WIP) work fine with VPX, but cannot get to work using FX3 - the other colour roms work fine in FX3, i.e. .pac files

Just an update - managed to get it working by renaming the .crz file to match the FX3 altcolour folder, i.e. BALLY_CREATURE_FROM_THE_BLACK_LAGOON

In case anyone else had the same problem - did not have to do this with the other colour files for FX3