[New VPX Alert]Thundercats Pinball

Thundercats Pinball

V 1.0.8 has several key updates, fixed a handful of buggy shapes/materials that were overlooked creating some weird bounces. A bunch of other updates including a much better DMD, Scorbit and VR Mode and some new light sequences.

This table and PuP Pack are a collaboration of MerlinRTP & CapNClaw

Many thanks to JP Salas & Scotty Wic otherwise this table would not be possible

Thanks to these additional folks for assisting

Hawkeyez88 – PuP Pack Advice

Team Tuga – Pup Overlays

PinStratsDan/Pegula – Beta testing and bame balancing ideas

Astriling21, DomLovesLobby and many others for Beta Testing

This table consists of three files required for gameplay

1.    Table Script

2.   Pup Pack

3.    UltraDMD Folder

Install instructions are included along with wheel art.

On 2/26/2023 at 6:59 PM, Nicolainuke said:

Table plays great, but I found two bugs;

1.  Line 399 BallsPerGame = 3, but I always have 5 balls per game.

2.  Occasionally while entering intials for a high score, a sixth ball will launch and pinball around until it drains, adding to the score.

1. Is not a bug that is a base initialization. If you are trying to make a custom ball count you need to change it in the set difficulty routine. That’s where the balls per game is customized.

2. I will look into

22 hours ago, loganthehuge said:

This table is fantastic. However, the background music is way too quiet. The other sound effects are fine. How do I increase the volume on the background music?

The bg music is the last line in the pup pack, change the volume to something larger than 55 and save. I believe I posted images related to this in an earlier comment

1 hour ago, merlinrtp said:

The bg music is the last line in the pup pack, change the volume to something larger than 55 and save. I believe I posted images related to this in an earlier comment

Fantastic - can you point me to the image? I didn't see it in this thread. And are you referring to pup pack editor, or something else? Thank you!

Good morning everybody. Wonderful table, congratulations on the work. I have the following error. When running the table, a screen opens informing that the .directb2s file is not in the folder, but the PUP is working normally. Can you tell what it could be? I've looked in the script and I didn't find anything related. Thanks

Awesome table! Running on 1 screen Desktop. When I launch the table, I can see the Pup open and video starts playing. The table will launch in front of the Pup Video. I tried Exclusiv Fullsceen Mode and not working but I can hear it in the backgound. Help!

Awesome table ! ty very much !

It seems that the required UltraDMD file is missing in the downloads. It said I downloaded it but its not on my drive.

The instructions are not with the Wheel image. It is just the wheel image alone.

ty again :)

First off, just want to say that this table is amazing! Truly worthy of it's namesake! I'm having the same issue with the audio. Referred to the puppackeditor and changed the volume of the table music. When the table starts I'm hearing background music, but as soon as I sucessfully launch the ball the background music ends and I only hear table sounds, call outs and pup events. Thanks again even without backgound music I'm loving this table thank you for all of your hard work!

• 6 months later...

I'm new to this and am trying to get things going. There is a mention of a install instructions file but I can't seem to find it. Can someone point it out to a blind guy? Thanks.

*I figured out the correct place for the pup pack and that got me going. One question though. I only have 2 screens. The DMD shows up on the playfield. What am I supposed to do with it? Why does it even come up when I have my setup set for 2 screens, no dmd?

Edited by qqq1

• 1 month later...

Can someone direct me to the referenced install instructions? I downloaded all files and don’t see them… I’m having issues getting the backglass to show up. I ran the .bat for 3 screens and have my dmd and playfield displaying correctly, but no backglass. I’m new to puppacks, but I know the package typically goes in the pupvideos folder, which is where I put it. TYIA!

• 1 month later...

Hi. Thanks for the update. I don't use pup on my single screen desktop and previous version worked well with just the dmd showing up on the left. Updated this AM to 1.0.8 and totally bricks my system. Weird. I get this error every time (see pic) If I hit continue it locks up my computer. I get a picture of a blurry playfield and not even task manager will work. Have to restart computer. Roll it back to previous version and back to normal again. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

20231222_071023.jpg

Edited by mikepmcs

23 hours ago, mikepmcs said:

Hi. Thanks for the update. I don't use pup on my single screen desktop and previous version worked well with just the dmd showing up on the left. Updated this AM to 1.0.8 and totally bricks my system. Weird. I get this error every time (see pic) If I hit continue it locks up my computer. I get a picture of a blurry playfield and not even task manager will work. Have to restart computer. Roll it back to previous version and back to normal again. Any suggestions are appreciated. 

20231222_071023.jpg

I had the same error when testing, u have to copy the puppack in your PUPVIDEOS folder and put the Thundercats.UltraDMD in the same folder as the table

2 hours ago, Duracuir62 said:

I had the same error when testing, u have to copy the puppack in your PUPVIDEOS folder and put the Thundercats.UltraDMD in the same folder as the table

I didn't use the pup pack before and it worked just fine. Are you saying it's absolutely required for this update???? I like it on my main cabinet but don't want pup on my desktop as I like it as minimal as possible.

Already had it working in last version no issue as the picture above indicates. UltraDmd already installed as explained above. 

Thank you for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...