Need Help For A Friend

• Content Provider

I have a friend who's an author I'm working with, he's not a member here. He usually plays with one screen, but since I'm taking his desktops to fs, he wants to play it fs. He has the latest DB2s Server, he has run the registry app, but he gets a "active x cannot create component" when trying the fs table. This is a non- vpm table by the way. There is no problem with the table either, I gave him a copy of my working version. My copy plays fine. I know this is something simple, as I had this problem a few months ago, but don't remember how I fixed it.

Any ideas?

• Content Provider

I can ask him. This is the last he told me. Thanks Stephan.

"Nope. It's not working. I still get the activeX error. I use Win7 Pro. All the dll and exe files have admin rights and are accepted by the firewall but even that don't help."

• Content Provider

From my friend. I'm guessing the error is at the top by Table_Init.

"Regular vp works fine.
The error occurs when vp wants to load the controller (createobject). It's strange that when I put an error handler around it (on error resume next) I get no error number or description.
I think it's a Win7Pro-restriction problem. I have searched google for solutions but no results so far.

I checked all dlls and exe files. All are unblocked and have administrator rights."

• Content Provider

Didn't sound right to me either, but that's what he said.

"Also I found out what the ActiveX problem was. Because I only make EM machines I did not installed VPMame. After I installed VPMame it worked." Don't matter, as long as it works for him.

• Content Provider

Okay, guys, this is my bug :-).

With Itchi's last post I've started to check whether my B2S server creates an instance of VPinMAME even if it's not necessary for EM tables. And yeah, I found a line of code where the server tries to evaluate whether the DMD should be hidden or not even for an EM. Sorry, will be fixed in the next release.

• Content Provider

Hey Stephan, as long as you're at it I have a couple requests/suggestions. I don't know how hard they are, so please feel free to tell me to "take a hike". :D

"Lock" objects in place.

"Draw a box" around objects and move a group of objects.

Just like in the VP Editor.

Archived