New Releases on the Way

I've been working on updating all of my tables and I think they are at a point where I can start releasing them.  I'm going to go slow on the releases just to be sure that there aren't any issues that were not discovered in testing because it is a lot easier to fix tables before release than after!  Some of these tables are new and have never been released and some are ancient tables with almost total re-writes of the script.  

The improvements to these tables include:
-Virtual Reality.  This is selectable in the script and once in VR you can switch between a room and non-room environment in the Left Flipper options menu.

-Improved Bord graphics.  Bord has gone through many of the tables and updated the blender rendered graphics

-New LUT tables courtesy of Onevox

-Latest physics updates from nFozzy and crew have been added to these tables.  Some of these tables are pretty old and predate any of the work done to improve game play so those tables got major overhauls.

-Improved text file settings saves.  I've made these files specific to the version on the game that you are playing so if there are changes to the format of the file with a later version, there will not be errors caused by missing data.  I've also added text to let you know what the various settings effect in the file so that it is easy to read in a text editor.

-Improved scoring logic.  Thanks to Whirlwind for setting up scoring blocking to prevent scores from registering if occuring faster than the pinball mechs can possibly move. For example, score reels move very quickly but not instataneously, this code accounts for that and will block scores that would not register on a real table..

-Improved three dimensional sound from Whirlwind.  One of the problems with vpx sound is that it does not have constant power pan capability.  In other words as the location of a sound moves across the table, the sound is much louder in the middle of the table than it is at either side.  These tables have corrections to this so that if you use under table speakers or excitors, your sound should be very accurately produced on your cab with this system.

Thanks to the many folks who have helped me update these tables.  A special shout out to the Discord VR group guys for helping me get VR working on these tables!

The first one out of the gate is the Aussie favorite, Boomerang.

BoomPf.thumb.jpg.6f94c5062379f57fe5552701f6422b88.jpgBoomBG.thumb.jpg.470bf7f7270f01b501396d2ba3b98b09.jpgOculusScreenshot1658110170.thumb.jpeg.a44d31dc5e09764638629a2b05bd383a.jpeg

Well, so far no bugs reported for Boomerang so I'm going to release table 2 of 14.

This is a never before released vpx table this is based upon a table that was developed by Williams in 1973 but never went into production  According to IPDB only a single prototype exists so this one is a bit unique.  The table has all of the features that were incorporated into Boomerang including blender renders by Bord.

TXpf.thumb.jpg.88a9fd16fe163ede980c11eab779f6c4.jpgTXbg.thumb.jpg.865e0c3295e7d67e5d51a2fb14568be2.jpgOculusScreenshot1658160392.thumb.jpeg.c598a449d4f5e16d21e5c34ad40436d2.jpeg

Oh my you're right, this has taken forever!  I keep getting distracted by other projects but now is the time to get these out.  These tables would be very pedestrian without your crazy good blender skills and @Onevox redraws.

I forgot to include a wheel image for Triple X so I uploaded one here

Today's table is one of my favorites that features many  of Ted Zale's innovations.  It has zipper flippers, multiple game modes, multiball, locking one way gates and a multi-stage captive ball lane.

CVePF.thumb.jpg.a3bf10308d3c1ecfafcdfaa1706b21fb.jpgCVgPF.thumb.jpg.8f90a35d23527a7e449e6d408b942475.jpgCVeBG.thumb.jpg.27fb8f6e04a79645ec04ffe37df2d796.jpgCVgBG.thumb.jpg.fcd22ba62102cc12bcfede40d37a5328.jpgcv.thumb.jpeg.b11e08bb3529510e0d35cf5510577cde.jpeg

If you don't know about Ted Zale check out this video from a pinball conference.  

I'm really looking forward to next "tournament"; haven't opened the new archived tables, but, just looking at the screenshots and knowing how happy my friend is going to be ... needing to reset my HS because of new physics. These will be cherished by not only me, I'm sure of it. For some odd reason ... or is it ? He believes that he has the advantage over me, playing EMs. Must have been because of that ONE time I was really drunk - LOL.

Welcome to the future of pinball!  Nudgy is a pinball machine from 1947 that has no flippers but rather uses a handle on the side of the machine to move the entire playfield forwards and backwards to "nudge" the ball off of the posts, bumpers and rubbers.  This table got it's start years ago when my brother and I stumbled upon it at the Chicago Pinball Expo.  It was such a novel approach to pinball that I kept it in the back of my mind as a possible vpx project.

The table was made as an experiment to see if this could be done in vpx.  I have no access to a schematic or other information about the table so the rule set is a "best guess" as to how the table should play.   The inability to move the x/y location of the "physical" aspects of objects in vpx was very hard to overcome.  You can move the graphical aspect but not the physical so multiple objects that get turned on/off in terms of collision and visible properties to "sort of" make this happen.  This is suboptimal but is the best that I could do so this table is more of a novelty than anything else.

Nudgy is probably the only wood rail machine ever made for VR so that is another first. It also features one of the most pretty vpx objects that I've ever come across.  Check out Bord's shiny fire engine red ball lift cover, it is really beautiful!

If you're in VR check out the ball lift slider and the handle on the side of the machine, I think that they are pretty cool.  Please don't put multiple balls into play at one time because the saucers may not be able to handle that.  I've uploaded a cab to the VR Launcher site so that should be available but it will be a metal legged machine in your machine stack.

NudgyPF.thumb.jpg.64755c6c3841a6000e90e09aced5e5be.jpgNudgyBG.thumb.jpg.5c1d0a9ebee7d34a246c31d29fcede36.jpgn.thumb.jpeg.a3e157cca87f0b919f1a04af95709bee.jpeg

Table here:

Wheel file here:

For all the love that Christian Marche (rightly) gets, Jerry Kelley's work with shape and especially color is slightly more elegant. Capersville and Wiggler are prime examples of his work. Pinball art hardly gets better.

Yes @JFR1 GT is a brutal pin but today's pin is the exact opposite.

Pirate Gold has some really nice artwork by Christian Marche and is a great table to pull up when you've got someone very new to pinball that you want to have a positive experience playing pinball.  You really have to be trying to get a center drain on this table!  It's based upon a junked machine that I picked up a few years ago, restored and flipped (because it was too easy).  I think that the vpx  in apron ball count section turned out pretty cool as well!

PGpf.thumb.jpg.5ce7ad0923369c91fcee86647318d6e7.jpgPGbg.thumb.jpg.a1dea57a7f93e80af70296b9ebf93881.jpgpg.thumb.jpeg.9af55054082130af48b6b7457b17fc1c.jpeg

Unlike Triple X, today's table is one that actually went into production and had a successful career, Williams 1973 OXO.  This is one of the first tables that I made quite a few years ago in vpx.  I got a lot of graphical help at the time from @hauntfreaks so thanks for hauntfreaks helping me get started in vpx, glad to see that you're back!

OXOpf.thumb.jpg.0b8f95d9befa9bec35b30da88a9752ac.jpgOXObg.thumb.jpg.1ef32536593389e4a38affc4c6c74be1.jpgox.thumb.jpeg.d2b289f5338f37f70b46a2f9f077a397.jpeg

Today's table is a never been released before Williams Add-a-ball table called Tropic Fun.  This is a table that I owned, restored and flipped so all of the sounds and graphics came from that table.  If you are not familiar with add-a-ball tables, they were a way for manufacturers to get around states like Wisconsin where pinball was prohibited as a gambling device.   Add-a-ball tables don't give replays that could be turned in for cash but rather award additional balls instead.

TFpf.thumb.jpg.984a2fe424015181834ab7502813861e.jpg

TFbg.thumb.jpg.b21b06b14091d4a8800b01a2d0554459.jpgtrf.thumb.jpeg.2782c286794a2b28b9bc2e58c8191675.jpeg

Wheel image located here

Well gang, end of the road.  Today's table is the last in the list and is a good representation of how changing the artwork on a table can make it seem like a completely different table.  Bally's 1974 Flicker looks absolutely nothing like the four player Boomerang and I swear it even plays differently than Boomerang but it is the same table.  Go figure...

FlickerPf.thumb.jpg.3cbcb83aa2822638a8dfaf0fc606a70e.jpgFlickerBG.thumb.jpg.5693906569717e589a79508a09bb76bb.jpgfl.thumb.jpeg.d19c560f56a3ea2023da834563d5f9d5.jpeg