New version! Pin2Dmd dmddevice.dll with DmdExt as plugin

lucky1

Hi 

I updated to the latest version and the puppacks shows no reaktion. The background load but no triggers. The 3. version bevor had all funktion. What ist wrong now? I have a pin2dmd and enabled also puppacks. 

• Content Provider
45 minutes ago, msm1976 said:

Hi 

I updated to the latest version and the puppacks shows no reaktion. The background load but no triggers. The 3. version bevor had all funktion. What ist wrong now? I have a pin2dmd and enabled also puppacks. 

did you enable pinup in the dmddevice.ini ?  Sure you have the latest version installed ?

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, mellkul said:

Everything seems to work ok but batman forever pup is not triggering  with the latest 

Zero change on that front . Does Baywatch or Frankenstein work ?

• Content Provider
On 6/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, mellkul said:

Everything seems to work ok but batman forever pup is not triggering  with the latest 

Could you please try this version

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, mellkul said:

ya same still not triggering 

o.k. The problem is that PUP does not use the original 192x64 frame as triggers but a 128x32 scaledDown version of it which is weird. I think that those resolutions were not

taken into consideration when creating PUPPlayer and using them for those Sega tables is a kind of a hack.

Freezy uses a .net scaler which is afaik not available in c++ and therefore I can´t reproduce the scaling 100%. As I already said I´m currently working on a colorizing plugin for freezy which will fix this problem.

3 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

o.k. The problem is that PUP does not use the original 192x64 frame as triggers but a 128x32 scaledDown version of it.

Freezy uses a .net scaler which is afaik not available in c++. As I already said I´m currently working on a colorizing plugin for freezy which will fix this problem.

Ok sounds good thank for all the hard work. 

• 2 weeks later...

@lucky1 Funny thing but your dmddevice.dll 1.10.3.4 for 6/23 (32 bit) is now working with Batman Forever and triggering the pup videos! YAY! So what changed? (since your dll hasn't)

It must be either the newest version of vpx I'm using  VPinballX-10.7.1-215-4b91041-Release-win-x86 or the Visual-C-Runtimes-All-in-One-Jul-2022 that I updated yesterday. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

I've tried a bunch of games and so far all good! One note, if you get missing rom or BASS errors fully close VPX and then load the table from scratch. Try it out @mellkul and see if it now works for you as well

4 hours ago, Cliffy said:

@lucky1 Funny thing but your dmddevice.dll 1.10.3.4 for 6/23 (32 bit) is now working with Batman Forever and triggering the pup videos! YAY! So what changed? (since your dll hasn't)

It must be either the newest version of vpx I'm using  VPinballX-10.7.1-215-4b91041-Release-win-x86 or the Visual-C-Runtimes-All-in-One-Jul-2022 that I updated yesterday. 

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

I've tried a bunch of games and so far all good! One note, if you get missing rom or BASS errors fully close VPX and then load the table from scratch. Try it out @mellkul and see if it now works for you as well

tried all that and still no triggering for batman f, but thanks for the info 

3 minutes ago, mellkul said:

tried all that and still no triggering for batman f, but thanks for the info 

sorry it didn't work :( I myself just updated to VPinballX-10.7.1-217-6883e97 and now the batman forever pups don't trigger again. I went back to the previous version and nope, no triggering. I had lightning in a bottle for a moment and should have left it alone. Sometimes the enemy of "good" is "better" :)

Hi,

Awhile ago during one of the updates my Fire! pup pack stopped working,  somebody recently told me it had to do with the dmdext.dll update.  Can somebody confirm if it's working with the latest version?  Thank you

2 hours ago, Pegula said:

Hi,

Awhile ago during one of the updates my Fire! pup pack stopped working,  somebody recently told me it had to do with the dmdext.dll update.  Can somebody confirm if it's working with the latest version?  Thank you

The Fire! pup pack only works with freezys dmddevice.dll for me at least. It won't even startup with lucky1's dll, let alone trigger

I tested this on my Pin2DMD the color  DMD for attack from Mars
If I use lucky1 dll file from about a year ago the colors are Correct
If I use the latest one the colors appear to have a lot of pink in them
Whether I'm using the pal & vin or pac file same result

3 hours ago, Cliffy said:

The Fire! pup pack only works with freezys dmddevice.dll for me at least. It won't even startup with lucky1's dll, let alone trigger

Ok so not fixed yet. Thanks Maybe it's the scaling again?  that's just a guess,  is there a way to use both .dlls or have the fire table point to the freezy dll?

12 minutes ago, Pegula said:

Ok so not fixed yet. Thanks Maybe it's the scaling again?  that's just a guess,  is there a way to use both .dlls or have the fire table point to the freezy dll?

I'm sure one could create a batch file to rename one to the other but I manually do it myself. I keep both in the vpinmame folder but I change the extension to whomever's name it is and the other left as .dll. Example; dmddevice.lucky1 and change dmddevice.freezy to dmddevice.dll for games like Fire!

Hello, I am having difficulty.

I can't get the color DMDs from these links to work:

Yet I manage very well to make this one work in .pac version:

Can you tell me the difference in use between the first 2 and the second because I did copy the files to the right folders.
I don't understand what differs between these DMDs, is it a configuration problem in the tables?

Thank you in advance because I can't find since 3 hours of research and configuration :(

ISSUE RESOLVED : I had to enable table color mode after pressing F1

I had forgotten this damn option after 8 months of stopping my Pincab 🤯

Edited by Denys06
solved

My problem is not solved, I just noticed that I now have 2 types of DMD displayed one above the other:

image.thumb.png.332ae0b7f5627c7b024b50db3bda0a8c.png

I can't figure out why the colorless DMD still appears on my system.
I also put the DMD setting when I press F1.

Can you help me to solve it, I have been working on this problem for 4 hours. Thx
Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, Denys06 said:

My problem is not solved, I just noticed that I now have 2 types of DMD displayed one above the other:

image.thumb.png.332ae0b7f5627c7b024b50db3bda0a8c.png

I can't figure out why the colorless DMD still appears on my system.
I also put the DMD setting when I press F1.

Can you help me to solve it, I have been working on this problem for 4 hours. Thx
Thanks in advance

Is this the data east tmnt or the stern tmnt mod of data east table?

The mono display maybe your b2s dmd that is on top of everything. 
right click the b2s backglass and choose to hide the dmd

Edited by hcj13

sometimes you can open the table in the editor, click on Toggle Backglass View button and then you can drag the built in dmd up off the screen just outside the border box.  If it doesn't move you need to go up to the menu bar and select Edit- Lock and click to remove the checkmark and then it will be moveable. 

Other times it will be in the vpx script like Use VPMDMD = true which you can change to False