New version! Pin2Dmd dmddevice.dll with DmdExt as plugin

lucky1

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, VPGamer75 said:

Question about UltraDMD I know I going be retardered for asking? Is it possible to work colorized on UltraDMD I have about 67 individuals files and some of them are built-in script or embedded in tables. Thank you for reading it

Please open a new thread for this. You question is not specific to the DLL this thread is about.

11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Meanwhile Funkyman and I have started working on an API implementation like Freezy recommended to get rid of the technical drawbacks and the distribution discussion.

Thank you lucky1 and Funkyman!

have two systems running on two PCs.  I've replaced the DLLs with the latest zip and renamed/copied the INI.

One is saving DMD updates to the DmdExt.ini file, the other one is still using DmdDevice.ini.

Both seem to be lodaing the PAC file and showing a color DMD.  Any idea what I did wrong?

• Content Provider
34 minutes ago, iwantpinall said:

have two systems running on two PCs.  I've replaced the DLLs with the latest zip and renamed/copied the INI.

One is saving DMD updates to the DmdExt.ini file, the other one is still using DmdDevice.ini.

Both seem to be lodaing the PAC file and showing a color DMD.  Any idea what I did wrong?

No idea, but with the next version we are working on, this will be reverted to dmddevice.ini only .

the ghostbusters puppack starts badly, without sound and as slow, the video attract mode, then it seems to go well. There are already several that happen to us, the rest of the puppacks seem to be all right. In case you want to check it out. thanks for the work

I'm at my wits end. I copied over the new dmddevice.dll files, the new dmdext file. I opened them up and set my dmd position and resolution. Launched ghostbusters (or any other table for that matter) and my color dmd is working, but it's in the middle of my playfield. I clicked and dragged it to the correct monitor, expanded it to the size of the screen by disabling the aspect ratio and saved globally. I exited the table and vpx. I started it back up and launched and it's now in the middle of my dmd but small. I look inside the dmdext file and it's overwriting my resolution and position. It should be 1280 x 720. With x position 4480. Even if I save and open the table, click and drag the dmd to the size it should be and save globally, exit go back in, it reverts to the smaller size and overwrites the files. Ugh help me. This worked fine with the .vni and .pal files. 

20220610_191216.jpg

20220610_191255.jpg

20220610_193159.jpg

I also am having issues with Ghostbusters… its the only table causing me fits.  Cant get color to display no matter what I try. Its gone on for a week.

I am still pretty unclear on the whole VPinSpa thing and what files go there and what go in the regular VPinMame folder.

if anyone can post a pic of their VPinSpa folder it would be most appreciated.  If that is “against the rules” just let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

9 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Sorry the usage of VPinSpa or Ghostbusters is illegal and therefore it is not possible to give support for that table.

Well it's not just ghostbusters. Forget I mentioned it. All tables and .pac files are doing the same thing and same issue. The dmd position and resolution reverts no matter what I do. I also tried with Independence Day. And not just pac files now, also the dmd for Goonies which I think uses flex dmd? Which was working fine before I copied over the new .dll and dmdext files. I backed everything up so my original installation still works if i need it to. But I'd really like to get this .pac installation working so I can make the switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Edited by sreisig1

• Content Provider
49 minutes ago, sreisig1 said:

Well it's not just ghostbusters. Forget I mentioned it. All tables and .pac files are doing the same thing and same issue. The dmd position and resolution reverts no matter what I do. I also tried with Independence Day. And not just pac files now, also the dmd for Goonies which I think uses flex dmd? Which was working fine before I copied over the new .dll and dmdext files. I backed everything up so my original installation still works if i need it to. But I'd really like to get this .pac installation working so I can make the switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Did you try to rename your dmddevice.ini to dmdext.ini 

20 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Did you try to rename your dmddevice.ini to dmdext.ini 

No because your dmddevice zip file from github comes with it. I started fresh again and copied the files over. I went into the dmdExt ini and changed it to my position and resolution. Opened table and not in the right spot. Dragged it to the dmd, checked ignore aspect ratio. Snapped it into position. Saved globally. Went to the dmdext ini again, it reverted. I changed values back to mine and saved. Launched independence day again and it worked! I think im good now. I launched goonies and it works too. So I assume its fine to have DmdExt ini amd Dmddevice ini side by side in vpinmame? Or can we delete dmddevice ini now?

I just looked through both files and the only difference is the pinup line item. Dmdext is set to false and dmddevice is set to true (my original file). What does this line item do? If I just set it to true on my dmdext ini can I remove dmddevice or should we keep both files?

[pinup]

; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.

enabled = true

Edited by sreisig1

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, sreisig1 said:

So I assume its fine to have DmdExt ini amd Dmddevice ini side by side in vpinmame?

No problem !

4 hours ago, sreisig1 said:

What does this line item do?

It sends frames to dmddevicepup.dll

I am having issues with annoying and unnecessary padding, especially on Data East tables. FWIW, this might have been the case with the Freezy extension as well, but since there is active development here, I thought I would ask. 

I tried to play around with some of the settings in the config file that seem to be driving this but no luck:

style.dataeast-128x16.glass.padding.top = 8

style.dataeast-128x16.glass.padding.bottom = 8

Changing these to 0 does not remove the padding. 

Any ideas how to force the extension to use the entire DMD screen for the Data East tables, or more examples how to use the settings listed in the config file?

image.thumb.png.cbd0bb2b7ddabbbd4a5ec8946269aa01.png

• Content Provider

The resolution of the early DE tables like TMNT, Checkpoint, Batman, Hook and StarTrek is 128x16. With colorizations enabled these tables are treated as 128x32 to enable larger replacement graphics  on a real pin2dmd like used on TMNT colorization. If the author of the colorization does not use the additional display area this leads to 8 rows above and below which are not used. What you see when altcolor is not used is a stretched version of the 128x16 picture which leads to an unrealistic aspect ratio.

• Content Provider
On 6/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, sreisig1 said:

No because your dmddevice zip file from github comes with it. I started fresh again and copied the files over. I went into the dmdExt ini and changed it to my position and resolution. Opened table and not in the right spot. Dragged it to the dmd, checked ignore aspect ratio. Snapped it into position. Saved globally. Went to the dmdext ini again, it reverted. I changed values back to mine and saved. Launched independence day again and it worked! I think im good now. I launched goonies and it works too. So I assume its fine to have DmdExt ini amd Dmddevice ini side by side in vpinmame? Or can we delete dmddevice ini now?

I just looked through both files and the only difference is the pinup line item. Dmdext is set to false and dmddevice is set to true (my original file). What does this line item do? If I just set it to true on my dmdext ini can I remove dmddevice or should we keep both files?

[pinup]

; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.

enabled = true

While working on the solution of integrating my coloring code as a dll into dmd-extensions I just released a small update for this dmddevice.dll. I just uploaded a version which uses dmddevice.ini instead of dmdext.ini . If you used a previous version and want to keep your setting, just rename your dmdext.ini to dmddevice.ini and it should work.

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, hcj13 said:

New update crashing flexDMD/ultraDMD tables. none is opening up

it also crashes flexdmdUI.exe file

Please try the new version on github

• Content Provider

1 hour ago, Cliffy said:

WoZ tries to start, crashes out and never shows the ultradmd.  FlexDMDUI is ok unless you click on the ultradmd setup tab then it crashes out

crash.txt 2.7 kB · 1 download

Are you sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version. Sounds exactly like the issue reported here

21 hours ago, hcj13 said:

New update crashing flexDMD/ultraDMD tables. none is opening up

it also crashes flexdmdUI.exe file

which is reported to be fixed here

1 hour ago, hcj13 said:

works now. thanks for fixing so fast. also thanks for going back to dmddevice.ini

I just tested the UltraDMD tab in FlexDMDui and it worked.

46 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

WoZ tries to start, crashes out and never shows the ultradmd.  FlexDMDUI is ok unless you click on the ultradmd setup tab then it crashes out

crash.txt 2.7 kB · 1 download

had same problem yesterday. downloaded newest version today from Lucky's morning update and it is working okay. the flexDMD tables are loading without issues.