Junk Yard 64 colors

Hi everyone, i am new in the world of pinball machines and to no surprise i own a junkyard pinball machine with some malfunctions. The display is one of them and i will be replacing in with a pin2dmd version.

So i am very interested in the progress you are making. Hell of a job it must be. Question: from the readme from the files on your google drive I understand that you are develloping for junkyard version 1.2. Mine

is still on version 1.1 according to the eprom sticker. What are the side effects of a lower version?

• Content Provider

Hi @Wim1965

Quite hard to know without trying. If we refer to Lucky1 link, it seems the changes are very little between 1.1 and 1.2.

As long as the changes are not related with the display but only with rules (like scoring, difficulties, timing...), there should be no issue. But you will have to try.

If I happen to find a 1.1 rom file, I may have a quick look at it.

• Content Provider

Here it is.. long awaited official v1.0 release !!!

Check the download section : 

You can also have a look on what it looks like here (soryy, you don't have end game, I'll try to redo a video with more content) :

• Content Provider

Hi !

Version 1.1 is out correcting a lot of bugs and bringing multiplayer support + additional screens that were mising. 

I also improved a lot transitions, even though there is still room for improvements.

I will now work on version 1.2 that will include :

- run from spike wolored

- attract tutorial colored

- transitions on score scrolling  from 1 to 4 players

- improved transitions on various screens

Before that, enjoy the current update, here a preview : 

• Content Provider

Hi dtatane,

The alt color you are doing is excellent looking.  The colors pop very well!

I'm still working on the Junkyard re-master with new physics, dynamic ball shadows and a few other goodies to make the gameplay better. 

Any chance you can include a .pal and .vni in the altcolor download?

The .pac format is very fickle and I couldn't even make it work on my cab with all the latest updates to VPinMame, Freezy, PIN2DMD, etc. so I would imagine other less tech savvy cab users are going to have a heck of a time making things work if they download just a .pac file.

I'm not sure if it is more work for you to create the .pal and .vni but I'm just hoping it's a simple compile option in your color editor and it can easily be included as an option for this Junkyard masterpiece.

Thank you for all the hard work you are putting into this project.  It is appreciated.

-TastyWasps

Edited by TastyWasps

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, TastyWasps said:

The .pac format is very fickle and I couldn't even make it work on my cab with all the latest updates to VPinMame, Freezy, PIN2DMD, etc. so I would imagine other less tech savvy cab users are going to have a heck of a time making things work if they download just a .pac file.

Just replace your freezy installation with the files from the zip in the first post .

Other non tech savvy cab users have made it work, so I´m sure you can do it too.

• Content Provider

My bad, it was just a matter of locating the right files and copying into VPINMAME. 

I actually did not see the attached files in this image below.  Those were the files needed as I think I was just updating freezy (original) DLL's over and over.  

Thanks.
image.png.23ea806cec6db9ba8a29c2d28c1818ba.png

I noticed that there is a firmware update for the pin2dmd hardware. Doesn't look very exciting but you never know what might happen after updating.....

By the way I bought myself a virtual pinball machine, takes a while before it will be delivered. All very nice these real pinball machine but they need to much

maintenance.

• Content Provider
18 minutes ago, Wim1965 said:

I noticed that there is a firmware update for the pin2dmd hardware. Doesn't look very exciting but you never know what might happen after updating.....

By the way I bought myself a virtual pinball machine, takes a while before it will be delivered. All very nice these real pinball machine but they need to much

maintenance.

I didn't try it yet, but it is recommended updating, it usually improves performance, and if ever you run into an issue, you can easily revert to old firmware!

I use a self-built virtual pinball machine and it is really fun !

• Content Provider

Just a quick message to those wondering when will be the next update :

I've been recording a loooooooot of dumps to complete Dog-run sequence.

I'm now at 233 frames over the estimated 518 needed for a full colored sequence... ! No idea how long it will take to record all possible frames !

Quick preview of current frames recorded (don't mind the colors it is just adjusted yet on each frame)

Keep in mind that a non recorded frmae will end up in visible colors flashing.. this is why I'm looking to record as much as possible !

dog-run-233.gif

8 hours ago, dtatane said:

Even een kort bericht voor degenen die zich afvragen wanneer de volgende update zal zijn :

Ik heb een hoop dumps opgenomen om de Dog-run-reeks te voltooien.

Ik zit nu op 233 frames meer dan de geschatte 518 die nodig zijn voor een volledig gekleurde reeks...! Geen idee hoe lang het duurt om alle mogelijke frames op te nemen!

Snel voorbeeld van de huidige opgenomen frames (let niet op de kleuren, het is zojuist op elk frame aangepast)

Houd er rekening mee dat een niet-opgenomen beeld zal eindigen in knipperende zichtbare kleuren.. daarom probeer ik zoveel mogelijk op te nemen!

dog-run-233.gif

I'm waiting anxiously😜

• 3 weeks later...