Feb 1st is Virtual Pinball Appreciation Day

Dazz

Just a note that I love pinball. While I don't have a real cabinet this is better than that for me. Never the same table day after day and the ability to play tables never made into production. I am so thankful for the table creators, modifiers, altsounders, PUPPackers, Backglassers...I just can't thank you enough.

Your work is incredible.

Devotion unmatched.

I'm so glad to be part of this "family".

Huge Thanks to all the creators in this hobby and webhosts (VPU, VPF, pinballnirvana) that keep this hobby alive. 

One callout for me that inspired me to build a virtual pinball cabinet, was seeing the development and release unfold on YouTube of the Star Wars DSA PinEvent table. I still don't have any DOF toys on my cab, but even graphically the table was amazing.

• Content Provider

We are so lucky to have as many people passionate about this hobby/community. I am so grateful to each and everyone of you, please keep up the great work and never let this hobby die. Special shot out to the those who run and keep this site going as if it was not for you this hobby may have very well died off last year, my deepest gratitude to you all. 

Hi friends. I want to thank the people who came up with the idea and managed to bring the virtual pinball machine to life. This living memory of the pinball machine that makes us all dream. To the people who push this passion ever further without asking for anything in return and who share their knowledge and knowledge so as not to let anyone down. A passion bringing together IT, electricity, carpentry, decoration... Which makes you want to understand, modify and who knows how to create one day. Thank you to all the family and Happy Vpinlove to all. :wub:

A big thank you to all of the artists, creators, and contributors. I got into this hobby just about 2 years ago, with what turned out to be weeks before COVID lockdowns started here in the US. Coming from the retro gaming community and having built my own arcade, I really enjoyed building my own cabinet, sourcing my own parts, configuring my own PC, exploring and setting up SSF, and the collaboration with the community to help solve problems and enjoy visual pinball. I wish I had the talent and artistry to create backglasses, tables, etc, but I know my limits! I'll stick with playing tables and trying to improve my own hi scores.

Some of the tables, like Addams Family and Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure, hold special places in my heart for all the memories they bring back of arcades and competition in the college dorm. Seeing some of these recreations brings back such great memories of family vacations and throwing a few quarters into the beach arcades. And the original tables create new memories with my own children. 

Thank you to this community and I hope it continues to grow and thrive.

Hello everyone.

I am 65 years old and I have been playing pinball since I was 10. I remember very well the first pinball machine I played with in the bar in my country. It was Gottlieb's North Star. Unfortunately when pinball machines went into decline a little in the late 90s, I didn't have many opportunities to play them live. However, I have always tried to get pinball programs on a computer starting from the Windows Space Cadet.

The advent of emulators and then of vPinball in its various versions and finally of PinUp System have opened up a new world of fun with pinball machines, so much so that I have built a pincab with 32,24 and 15 inch screens with which I enjoy it very much.

For this I thank the creators of the tables and in any case all those who contribute to improving our hobby every day and I also thank the admin who proclaimed February 1st be Virtual Pinball Appreciation

Day Hugs to all.

Ps: I apologize for the bad English. I used the google translator

So many creators to thank- all of you generate so much happiness and joy, and this hobby would not be what it is without your efforts. Personal thanks to Flupper and crew for the recent Whirlwind rebuild as that is my absolute favorite table.

Happy Appreciation Day!

Thank you to every Creator, Programmer, Tester, and even the everyday person who is enjoying this Hobby. When I stumbled onto this hobby it gave me something very wonderful and long lasting to fall in love with. Thank You to everyone in this Pinball word. 

Many thanks to all the content creators here and a big up to Dazz for putting all the work into this site, not sure where we would be without it. Such a fantastic community I have stumbled upon, everyone has been very helpful here and on VPC. The content creators are such a big part of this hobby and also the members answering everyone's questions even if they are all repetitive. Thank you everyone for all your hard work and dedication.

I have favorites I have dislikes, but I love the hobby and the community.

I have only been in this for 2 short years, and have learned so much! The amount of information out there is awesome! If you can do a Google search and know how to read, you can win at this hobby.

Big shout out to Nailbuster, Terry, Major Frenchy, JP, Wildman, JoePicasso, VP Nation guys, g5k, 32Assasin, Knorr, NZ&TT, Siggis, EBlist, VPW, Hawkeyes, Tuga, and all the others I cant think of on the spot! The altsound, the altcolors, the scans, the pups, and even the roms. There's so many other amazing things happening here too with teams creating tables from nothing but pure creativity and elbow grease. Batman 66 from daphishbowl and team! Superb!!

KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK!

Now if I could just get my hands on a 3060ti :P

I am a child of the 70s and thus grew up with pinball machines. What here the developers of the software and builders of tables in your spare time for free provide us can not be answered often enough with thanks.   🤩

I wish us all that our hobby still has a long existence.

best regards to the entire community 😊

Edited by timblo

The HUGEST thanks to everyone.

Like a few here I took the VP plunge in covid times and it honestly helped keep me sane. Enjoying the awesome work of the creators was the start, this led to making little tweaks to the tables to get them to my taste, swapping an insert light here, moving a ramp there (where a ball kept getting stuck) adding some highscore stuff to EM tables that did not have any, little things just for my use. Then came my first table from scratch, really simple bagatelle but it was the start. 1 year in and 5 tables down and my enjoyment of VP keeps getting stronger.

Keep up the good work everyone, I'll try and keep on doing my tiny bit to give something back