Feb 1st is Virtual Pinball Appreciation Day

Dazz

I'm not new to pinball and just a little new to virtual pinball as I've lurked for a couple years on the web dreaming. I just joined and bought a lifetime subscription for the purpose of trying to give back a little monetarily. I fully intend on pitching more here and there too. I would like to thank ALL of the creators and everyone involved with making this site. I can't imagine the time and skills that it takes to make the tables and I would not be able to play the tables with out your efforts. 

THANK YOU

thanks to all the content creators out there love your hard work i hope for the furture we can have some new things like a dmd for em tables and soid state and someone to take over from looserman to do those older pinballs that we all love and freezy 64 colours love the pin2dmd that you guys are doing also thats all for now love all your work thanks so much

Thank you to the countless people that make this hobby happen!

I've been a lifelong arcade gamer (50 now) but never got into pinball in the arcade (probably because I sucked at it). But after having finalized all of my retro emulation setups and systems, I started dabbling in visual (and virtual) pinball RIGHT at the beginning of the pandemic. Mere weeks before vpinball.com shut down, sadly!

I have become utterly obsessed with it, and it totally saved me over the last couple of years. While I don't think I have the time or talent to make original, or even adapted, improved works, I'm so completely impressed by each of you that does take the time to do this for yourselves and for others. It's incredibly generous of you and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you!

My girlfriend always says I spend way more time setting up and cataloguing everything I have vs actually playing it, and while she's definitely not wrong, this continues to be the most enjoyable part of my video gaming obsession since... I'm not even sure. Decades, maybe?

Thank you!

K-

Very nice initiative and awesome thread!

It is mind boggling to see how far things can go with a passionate community.

I remember starting tinkering with MAME, VpinMame and Vpinball probably more than 20 years ago and thinking to myself building a MAME cabinet: "there has to be way to use this pinball thing better than on a desktop computer."

Unfortunately I know nothing! So I rely on this incredible community. And now I look at the content available and the quality of work between the Devs and content creators. Incredible to be able to play pinball on a Cab with ever improving graphics, physics and functionality.

I am really a passive member I, unfortunately,  bring nothing to the community so I am even more grateful for the content we get.

Thank you everyone!

Hi all,

I started this hobby only a few months back and have been lurking ever since. First cab is built using all the knowledge on this site, and loaded up with my favourite tables. Big thanks to all contributors (creators and members sharing their knowledge alike!). 

Some day I hope to contribute myself given I have a technical/development background.

Did pull the trigger and went for a gold membership out of pure appreciation for the work involved in making this community thrive. I've ran a big online community in the past and know how much work it is 😄

Gert.

Hi all,

Well, I'm am about 18 months in to this hobby and thoroughly enjoying it.  It's also nice to see a post that is explictly here to promote positivity!  There are so many contributors to this world that it would be  bad to try to list them and then miss a few names... not good.  But I would like to thank everyone that develops for this community and keeps both it running and also all the various elementes of the ecosystem going.

I find it incredible that fan made/designed HW (DMD devices, output boards etc.) can be supported in a way that they all work with the multitude of SW out there despite some elements of this SW being new, some old and some legacy! Likewise, there is active SW development, new tables and table revisions all the time and all for the love of pinball.  It's not always easy piecing it all together to get a cab going (I think i'll be happy that I'm 'done' and at the right quality level with my planned 3rd rebuild) but I've learnt a lot about how this all goes together. Hopefully, once complete I can then start to learn more about the nuts and bolts and start to contribute in a meaningfull way myself.

In the mean time.. You all rule!  thanks for everything and dont let the trolls get to you! Should be an interesting year with all the work going on. Hopefully with time to actualyl PLAY pinball.